Richard Woolsey/Robert Picardo Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Woolsey/Robert Picardo Discussion/Appreciation

Ok I know this is crazy idea but how about a thread for this annoying yet lovable character

Post pics, fav quotes, etc etc

and Kudos to the talented actor that is Robert Picardo.

My fav Woolsey ep would be The Scourge and Prototype as he starts to come out of his shell and join the team but still has his IOA quirks.

I'm kind of surprised the character or actor doesn't already have a thread. He was a recurring guest star.

Can you change the title to Richard Woolsey/Robert Picardo Appreciation thread? That way we can post photos and talk about the character and actor in the same thread. Some of the other characters have multiple threads and it's a pain to have to remember to switch to the other thread. I don't expect this thread to be as photo heavy as some of the others. Although Bob has amassed quite a photo collection over the years.

If you don't have "spoilers" in the thread title, then the spoilers have to be tagged.

Some links -

Season 5 casting spoilers from SciFi.

Robert Picardo's Official site. Spoiler news on the front page.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I can't believe it! I never actually expected it to be him! He never even crossed my mind! Aaaahhh!
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

While I love Weir (and will have a huge party when/if she comes back in s5), I think Bob Picardo as Woolsey will be great to watch!

Add me to the pro camp
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Chalk up another pro-Woolsey fan here!
          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

I am also a woolsey fan! I really enjoyed Bob Picardo on voyager and was so happy when he came on sg1 and now sga.
            season five spoiler

Spoiler:
            I will miss weir a lot but would like to see how woolsey handles things

Thanks for my sig Methos

Comment

I'm delighted for him.....although I can't get to watch any Stargate these days, (thanks to Virgin Media and their row with Sky One....) I'm a great fan of Robert Picado and his acting.....I also met him at Collectomania in October last year and he was absolutely charming and great fun.....I took a pic of him and also had one of him taken with me....as they're a bit big I'll post links to them....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/IMG_4014.jpg
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t/IMG_4015.jpg

Spoiler:
              I think it will be very interesting to see how the Atlantis characters interact with Mr Woolsey - I foresee a few dialogues between him and Rodney myself....

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I would say I am also Pro-woolsey...While I didn't like him at first(I do not think we we're meant to) he really has grown on me...especially during "The Seer"

The Seer Spoilers
                Spoiler:
                at the end of the episode when he was willing to hide things from the IOA on sam's behalf.

That really made me start to like him. I am interested to see the cast's rapport with him, and his IOA background interfering with the goings-on. Should make for some good Ep's

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                  I would say I am also Pro-woolsey...While I didn't like him at first(I do not think we we're meant to) he really has grown on me...especially during "The Seer"

The Seer Spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  at the end of the episode when he was willing to hide things from the IOA on sam's behalf.

That really made me start to like him. I am interested to see the cast's rapport with him, and his IOA background interfering with the goings-on. Should make for some good Ep's
                  Yep, I think it'll be good. I can't imagine him and Sheppard getting on particularly well, though. Ah, but conflict... it's what we love.

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton View Post
                    Ok I know this is crazy idea but how about a thread for this annoying yet lovable character

Post pics, fav quotes, etc etc

and Kudos to the talented actor that is Robert Picardo.

My fav Woolsey ep would be The Scourge and Prototype as he starts to come out of his shell and join the team but still has his IOA quirks.
                    Woo, thanks for starting the thread!

I'm really excited about Woolsey - as soon as I saw the name 'Robert Picardo' in the article I squealed and started to call my friend to tell her lol! I think it's a great idea to have him as the leader, because he is so different to Weir or Carter. He's a character that the team won't be sure that they can trust or even like at all, and it will make for some excellent storylines and friction in the show.

I've had a soft spot for Woolsey ever since Inauguration.

Plus, I love Robert Picardo! So woo - power to Woolsey!
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread phaeton.

I think Robert is a great actor and as you said Woolsey is annoying but theres something about the character that makes me like him though I'm going to miss Sam being in command its going to be very interesting to see Woolsey in charge.

My favorite episodes as well but i also thought that he was great in Inauguration.

Comment

I see we have a counter part thread - The Anti WOOLSAY thread.

I may have bashed them a little

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          I see we have a counter part thread - The Anti WOOLSAY thread.
                          Seen it and i can understand that some people would be against the idea of Woolsey being in charge of Atlantis but i have only one thing to say about that if people are going to be against a character at least get the spelling of their name right.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          I may have bashed them a little
                          Understandable I've read quite a few posts in other Anti threads and sometimes i find myself wanting to bash them for what they are saying or defend the character from they're bashing but then i tell myself just ignore what they are saying and move on.
                          Last edited by wraithlord; 06 February 2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Yay! With all the hate going on, I'm really glad to see a pro-Woolsey thread! I'm looking forward to seeing how his character develops - as several people have already said, a McKay-like arc, where he becomes cooler and less like a fussy old woman, would be interesting. Of course they might also be setting him up to fail miserably and/or have some sort of breakdown and be sent back to Earth in disgrace, but hopefully he'll get a backbone instead and end up a decent field supervisor. Or possibly Wraithfood, which seems to be the preferred result for a lot of fans, unfortunately Whichever route his character goes down, Robert Picardo's an excellent actor and it'll be great to see him as a regular!

(I hope Rob Picardo doesn't make a habit of reading forums for the shows he's involved in. I'd hate to think of him stumbling across some of the harsh (and over-reactive, IMHO) remarks people have been making in other threads...the fact that Woolsey's not a very likeable character sometimes is only an indication of the effectiveness of Picardo's acting, after all)
                            'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.' - Nietzsche
                            'Real-time genetic mutation. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!.' - Lord Kane
                            'I don't want to be a *god*. I just want to bring fire to the people - and I want my cut.' - Lex Luthor
                            'What one has, one ought to use, and whatever he does he should do with all his might.' - Cicero

Comment

Yeah I did want to leave it and not say anything but the fact they got his name wrong cracked me up.

And then I saw it was started by a Torri fan. I just... I'm sorry if there is any TH fans in here but Weir is gone. She isn't going to come back.

What annoyed me about that thread too is that we haven't even seen him in this role - think of it this way, if something goes wrong the IOA can only blame themselves cause it's one of them in charge...

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                              X