This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHD plothole... Is it?

I was watching the episode 48 hours of season 5, when they are bargaining with Russia about their DHD, Russias main base for bargaining, because they supposedly have a DHD, so they can make their gate the primary one, thus effectively putting the SGC out of comission.
    My question is:
    Didn't they find a DHD with the antarctic gate when Carter and Jack got thrown out there? What hapeened with that one? Or am i forgetting someting?
    Trailers and PR
    Stargate: War Begins team
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
    forums:
    http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
    I was watching the episode 48 hours of season 5, when they are bargaining with Russia about their DHD, Russias main base for bargaining, because they supposedly have a DHD, so they can make their gate the primary one, thus effectively putting the SGC out of comission.
    My question is:
    Didn't they find a DHD with the antarctic gate when Carter and Jack got thrown out there? What hapeened with that one? Or am i forgetting someting?
    wasn't it destroyed?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

I thought that DHD had no power.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

This is why i ask, because i don't know...
        Trailers and PR
        forums:

sigpic

Comment

it barely had enough power in which carter was trying to dial out but she didnt know where she was at the time so she kept dialing herself(earth)

it was likely recovered and studied

the one in 48hours was destroyed cos it overloaded trying to get tealc out the gate
          sigpic

Comment

Indeed, the Antartica DHD was out of power and so on. After all, it was probably the first DHD ever created by the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
              Indeed, the Antartica DHD was out of power and so on. After all, it was probably the first DHD ever created by the Ancients.
              So it was effectively a "Dial Out Device"...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                So it was effectively a "Dial Out Device"...
                Hahah, but yeah, originally it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
                  I know that Carter distinctly said that the Antartica DHD was quite possibly the first ever DHD - Earth was the home of the Ancients in the Milky Way (like Lantea/Atlantis was in Pegasus), but there might be suggestions to the contraray.

But it has been stated several times (most recently in the Ark of Truth by Vala I think) that Dakara was the original landing site of the Ancients. Also in Ark of Truth is a cheekly little shot of the creator of the AOT leaving for that ship with a notebook which had a pencil drawing of a stargate and a grid with six points on it (Like Daniel Jackson drew) - possibly meaning he created the stargate whilst in or on the way to the Milky Way, a perfect tool for building your own, new civilization. It is logical to assume he would plant the first gate at his first destination - Dakara, especially considering they built the galaxy seeding device there so for at least some time it was their base of operations.

Also Earth is on the outer rim of the Milky Way Galaxy so it's possible Earth, being further away for the rest of the systems lasted longest when the plague wiped out the Lanteans/Ancients. This is why, with there one remaining city ship they left for Pegasus.

Basically, the first Stargate & DHD built was quite possibly on Dakara and not Earth. Earth becomes part of the Lanteans/Ancients Legacy because it was the last place they exsisted before they left and the first place they returned to from Pegasus.
                  "Sometimes we make the right decision, sometimes we make the decision right - Dr Phil," Gen. Hank Landry

Comment

My understanding is that the Antarctic DHD ran out of power, and the DHD the Russians were using was the one that originally went with the Giza gate.

Comment

It would seem logical that they would put the first stargate on Dakara if that was where they first landed, so perhaps the oldest DHD was there but it was replaced when it got too old.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you guys, now i remember why they couldn't use the Antarctic DHD to save Teal'c. But still it was conveniently forgotten in that episode that they have a dhd too
                        Trailers and PR
                        forums:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
                          Thank you guys, now i remember why they couldn't use the Antarctic DHD to save Teal'c. But still it was conveniently forgotten in that episode that they have a dhd too
                          carter said that the dhd was one of the oldest in the system, bc the power source actually died. till then they didnt think it was possible. hence the conclusion of, wow this 1's really frakin old. - it was really confirmed later on in season 6 when we find ayana, buried in the ice of a million yr old (er so) glacier, or watever
                          Last edited by wiseowl777; 03 April 2008, 09:51 PM.
                          ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by Raddo View Post
                            Also Earth is on the outer rim of the Milky Way Galaxy so it's possible Earth, being further away for the rest of the systems lasted longest when the plague wiped out the Lanteans/Ancients. This is why, with there one remaining city ship they left for Pegasus.

Basically, the first Stargate & DHD built was quite possibly on Dakara and not Earth. Earth becomes part of the Lanteans/Ancients Legacy because it was the last place they exsisted before they left and the first place they returned to from Pegasus.
                            It has also been stated many times that Atlantis was the capital of the Ancient Empire both in the Milky Way and in Pegasus. We now for sure (rising) that Atlantis was on Earth so I don't think it was just the last Ancient Planet in the MW.
                            sigpic

Comment

So the fact that it ran out of power doesn't necessarily mean it was the oldest, it may just mean it was used a lot more than any other DHD.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X