X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Peel

John Peel Died last night aged 65...

For those of you don't know John was a very famous and much respected DJ working on radio 1 and radio 4 in the UK...

He had the most amazing voice and a very odd attraction to very strange music...

He will be sadly missed...
    Sam....

That's so sad. I didn't know. Yes, he will be sadly missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samjack4ever
      John Peel Died last night aged 65...

For those of you don't know John was a very famous and much respected DJ working on radio 1 and radio 4 in the UK...

He had the most amazing voice and a very odd attraction to very strange music...

He will be sadly missed...
      it was so sad to hear this. He was completely vital to the new music around... if it hadn't been for him, our music might be in a much worse state than it is!

Comment

Condolences to his family...
        That's a bolt out of the blue... he was still a very active DJ and on TV ever such a lot..

Comment

:: Sniffles ::

He was such a decent chap. His radio show was great, and his 'Family Life' column in RT was always thoughtful and warm.

I'll be rifling my record collection for songs he used to play today.

Madeleine

Comment

I'm going to miss him too.
            John Peel's programme was "required listening" for me and my friends,when I was in my teens and well beyond.
            He gave a lot of previously untapped talent a heck of a boost,by featuring them on his show.(Billy Bragg,Echo,too many to list.)
            I really admired him.Always will.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
            X