This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Human Goa'uld

So we all know from the movie that Ra came to Earth finding a primative civalization with a speces that was easy to heal and regenerate. This come to say that The Goa'uld first discovered humans on Earth and spread them around the galaxy to do their bidding. But it also is clamed that the Ancients were the ones that populated the galaxy with humans. Both can not be true. If the Former is true then Ra was the first Goa'uld that took a human host. He then shared this information with the Goa'ulds and they affected human culture around the world. If the later is true the the Goa'uld found humans to be better hosts at different times. And if that is the case then Ra did not share Earth with the other Goa'ulds and they all occupid and controlled Earth at different times, Which we know to be false. So with all my jabbering I am trying to ask who do we all think was the first Goa'uld to take a human host?
    Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

I think you can call into question anything whose only mention took place in the original Roland Emmerich movie, since a number of things were either ignored or restructured for the series. So I'd say that Ra did come to Earth and take a human host from a primitive civilization, but it certainly wasn't his first encounter with humans and the odds are very, very high, that this event wasn't the first possession of a human by a Goa'uld.
    Last edited by KindlyKeller; 03 April 2008, 02:17 AM.
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

The Ancients seeded the galaxy with the building blocks for human life, only a few worlds gave rise to humanoids, only Earth gave rise to humans.

Ra found Earth and realised that humans were better hosts then the Unas.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
        The Ancients seeded the galaxy with the building blocks for human life, only a few worlds gave rise to humanoids, only Earth gave rise to humans.

Ra found Earth and realised that humans were better hosts then the Unas.

Where is your evidence for this??????

Comment

We know that the Dakara weapon was used to seed life throughout the Milky Way.
          We know that not all worlds have an indigenous humanoid species.
          We are lead to believe that Tau'ri humans evolved on Earth.
          We know that the Goa'uld used the Unas first.
          From the movie we know that Ra was the first Goa'uld to find Earth and used a human as his host because it was better then the one he had.
          We know that the Goa'uld adopted humans for host as standard.
          We are lead to believe that all other humans seen in SG-1 come from Earth and were moved by the Goa'uld.
          Hence all humans in the Milky Way come from Earth and were moved by the Goa'uld after Ra took a human as a host.

Comment

the ancients didn't sead human life in the milky way only in pegasus
            - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
            - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
            - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
            - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

The Alterans landed their ship on Dakaara and built that massive galaxy-seeding machine and seeded the galaxy with life. Life in general or Human life? We don't know. A vast plaque (probably thanks to the Ori) whiped out most of the Alteran civilization, now known as the "Ancients" to the Asgard and other allies. Atlantis, and possibly other city ships, flew away to the Pegasus galaxy. Somehow, Earth was the only planet left with Human life. Eventually, Ra showed up and began enslaving people. Other Goa'uld came and enslaved people. The various Goa'uld became System Lords with Goa'uld underlings. Some Humans were brought to Dakaara and became the first Jaffa. The rest became slaves or hosts. Eventually, Earthlings rebelled against Ra and burried the Stargate. Ra decided to just cut his losses. He probably didn't retalliate, because the world was so primitive. Why bother? Fast forward to 1928 when the Stargate is rediscovered, and the ya'll know the rest.

My guess is that the Abydonian cave writings claiming that Ra was the last of his species was simply bad intel. It's a simple retcon that doesn't violate anything from the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Azreth View Post
                So we all know from the movie that Ra came to Earth finding a primative civalization with a speces that was easy to heal and regenerate. This come to say that The Goa'uld first discovered humans on Earth and spread them around the galaxy to do their bidding. But it also is clamed that the Ancients were the ones that populated the galaxy with humans. Both can not be true. If the Former is true then Ra was the first Goa'uld that took a human host. He then shared this information with the Goa'ulds and they affected human culture around the world. If the later is true the the Goa'uld found humans to be better hosts at different times. And if that is the case then Ra did not share Earth with the other Goa'ulds and they all occupid and controlled Earth at different times, Which we know to be false. So with all my jabbering I am trying to ask who do we all think was the first Goa'uld to take a human host?
                Or maybe Ra just sticked with Egypt, let other minor Goa'uld play gods in other cultures, and didn't touch them much. Once the Goa'uld were defeated, all different cultures grew on their own.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  My guess is that the Abydonian cave writings claiming that Ra was the last of his species was simply bad intel. It's a simple retcon that doesn't violate anything from the movie.
                  In the movie the short time that we acctually get to see Ra as something other then a human he does not really look like the Unas, so maybe there was a speces between the Unas and humans but there was a flaw in the physiology that the Goa,uld did not realize and found humans as newer better hosts then the Unas.

Another difference with the movie and the shows is that in the movie the Jaffa look different then the ones in the series. In the movie you can see that some of the jaffa do not have symbiote sacks. This gets me to think that the airmen that were taken by Ra were either brainwashed, or that they were minor Goa,ulds that ment nothing to Ra.
                  Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Azreth View Post
                    In the movie the short time that we acctually get to see Ra as something other then a human he does not really look like the Unas, so maybe there was a speces between the Unas and humans but there was a flaw in the physiology that the Goa,uld did not realize and found humans as newer better hosts then the Unas.

Another difference with the movie and the shows is that in the movie the Jaffa look different then the ones in the series. In the movie you can see that some of the jaffa do not have symbiote sacks. This gets me to think that the airmen that were taken by Ra were either brainwashed, or that they were minor Goa,ulds that ment nothing to Ra.
                    Why are you trying to reconcile the TV show and the movie? They were never meant to be reconciled. They were written by different people. There is no "grand unifying theory" for the two entities.

My suggestion is to watch the movie as a stand alone entity that tells a story and watch the TV show as something completely different. Don't try to make sense of the differences. The writers never meant for everything to mesh and make sense together.
                    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Note that the Ancients arrived in Milky Way millions of years ago and built the Dakara device to seed life here. For all we know these "life" could just be simple lifeforms like plants, micro-organisms etc. since after the Plague nearly all Ancients and humans alike were killed off (as demonstrated by the effects Ayiana had on SG-1) except those very few on Earth.

So it'd be logical to assume that no sentient lifeforms existed in the Milky Way when Atlantis left Earth and that the second evolution of humanity happened only on Earth.
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Ok here we go again!

The Facts:
                        One: Ra was the first Goa'uld to take a huamn host, He found Humans on Earth, The rest of the goa'uld them followed him and took Humans from Earth across the galaxy.

Two: The Ancients did not seed ALL human life in the MW. All they did is reset the evolution clock. The Ancients DID seed human life in Peagus and the Ori homeworld, But as far as the MW I doubt it, theres no evidence of this! They may have helped out a few worlds like Camelot, but that seems to have been done in the Merlins time around the Myths of Arthur in Earth history, Long after Ra came to Earth.

Three: The Gao'uld spread Human life in the MW. It has been stated many time that the Goa'uld where the ones responsable for the MW as we know it. They where the race which terraformed most of the planets, and took humans to them & created the Jaffa. I would also say its likly the Goa'uld exspended the gate network in the MW aswell (as why would the ancients put a gate on a planet and not terroform it? until the goa'uld come along and do it?).

So....

-Ancients reset evolution in MW

-Ancients leave MW

-Humans re-evolve on Earth

-Ra comes and takes Human host, followed by the rest of the goa'uld

-There are so many Goa'uld that they take humans and spread them across the galaxy, increasing there stock and use us as slaves

-SG-1 come and mess up their plans

-Ancient storyline gets overlly complicated, creates massive plot holes and makes every1 confused, including the writers
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

By the time the Goa'uld arrive the Ancients have all either died or ascended, the only ones that are around are ones that have retaken human form or perhaps have a time machine like, oh I dunno... Janus.

Comment

Working...
                          X