Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revolution (new Vancouver-based scifi series)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolution (new Vancouver-based scifi series)

April 2nd 20008

First there was Stargate, then The 4400 and Battlestar Galactica, and now it appears Vancouver may have yet another locally made sci-fi series. A new "space opera" style pilot called Revolution is about to start shooting here, with plans for a full series if the show ends up getting enough viewers. It takes place on a distant planet, and centres around two families on opposite sides of a revolutionary war-like conflict. Still no word on who will star in the pilot.

Be interesting to see what happens with this one.

20008!!! i cant wait 18000 years
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I would've thought that The X Files would've been among the first science fiction series filmed in Vancouver, not Stargate.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This sounds halfway interesting. Have they released a likely airdate yet? Early 09 I assume.

Comment

Who'll be airing it? SCI-FI? A major network? Another cable channel? Is it *gasp* for a Canadian channel? (as if)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Who'll be airing it? SCI-FI? A major network? Another cable channel? Is it *gasp* for a Canadian channel? (as if)
            SciFi will air it if they decide to give it a first season. They are prepping the pilot right now if I understood things right.

First Cast decision: Billy Campbell (The 4400) will take one of the lead roles.
            Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

This show sounds really exciting. I can't wait. I wish USA were picking it up instead of SCI FI. I know it's a SciFi show and all, but USA is the biggest channel on cable, it's looking to expand into three hours of original shows three days a week, and a science fiction night might fit that bill.

Then again, they are both owned by the same network, so it's not a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Tal-Galahad View Post
                First Cast decision: Billy Campbell (The 4400) will take one of the lead roles.
                Billy Campbell! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Billy Campbell! Awesome!
                  I agree. I like him as an actor, so for that alone I'll give it a shot.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X