No announcement yet.

The Fires of Pompeii (3002/402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason every time I saw the aliens walking around in the volcano they reminded me of Bionicles...

And were those women all turning to stone linked to the statues in Blink?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      For some reason every time I saw the aliens walking around in the volcano they reminded me of Bionicles...
      Heh. They do a bit, don't they?

And were those women all turning to stone linked to the statues in Blink?
      No. Nothing to do with em. The Weeping Angels are a completely different race. The women in The Fires of Pompeii (I assume you're referring to the Sybelline Sisterhood?) and the men too (like Lucius) were slowly turning to stone because they were breathing in the dust from the mountain... Pyrovile dust. They were slowly being turned into Pyroviles.
      sigpic

Comment

I read that the Shadow Proclamation is an alliance of worlds that watch out for the extinction of races..... The Jadoon are linked to them.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I read that the Shadow Proclamation is an alliance of worlds that watch out for the extinction of races..... The Jadoon are linked to them.
          All we really know about the Shadow Proclamation is (spoilers for The Stolen Earth)
          Spoiler:
          that the Doctor describes them to Donna as "intergalactic police" (I think it was). And that the Judoon (who we know are "police for hire") are part of them/work with them (seemingly in the context of guards/groundtroops). There's never any mention of the Shadow Proclamation being "an alliance of worlds" or them "watching out for the extinction of races". They are supposed to be, I think, some kind of overarching supervisory intergalactic force enforcing the rules/peace in the universe.
          sigpic

Comment

Just watched this episode today on dvd.....god I love Doctor Who. Anyway, I cried like a baby at the end. I am such a suck. I'm really liking Donna as companion. She has a refreshing non ga ga over the doctor attitude....though she still admires him.

Comment

i liked donna in this episode. altho this episode was very sad because so many people died. i did like both donna and the doctor pushing the trigger and making the volcano erupt. i also like the fact the doctor saved one family and became house hold gods and are respected by the people they saved. in this episode u got to see donna being a typical human and the doctor sticking to the rules of being a time lord.
              sigpic

Comment

I cannot stand the Nagging and Constant Harping by Donna ! Horrible..
                My Story:
                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Better that than the gagagoogoo of Rose and Martha.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

i agree with both of u
                    sigpic

Comment

The ending was really nice. Donna & the Doc being paid tribute as household gods with the TARDIS as their temple. Brilliant!
                      sigpic

Comment

lol i agree i loved that they became the house hold gods
                        sigpic

Comment

The final scene was definitely the funniest.
                          sigpic

Comment

Definitely worth a rewatch now that Capaldi's the Doctor.
                            sigpic

Comment

This one's a great episode. Finally, a companion has some inkling of what it's like to be Doctor. Making difficult choices. I loved that Donna helped the Doctor push the lever. It means they both decided to destroy Pompeii to save the world.

This episode also made me think about Time Lords and their sanity. They see time past, present, and future all the time. How can one stay sane when you have all of that in your mind all the time? No wonder Donna nearly went mad in the end. The Doctor is kinda insane already.

Comment

Working...
                              X