• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    PARTNERS IN CRIME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3001

While investigating a company that promises overnight weight loss with an easy pill, the Doctor is reunited with Donna, who has been searching for him in the hopes of joining him in his travels.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 03:52 PM.

Hi Rose.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      Hi Rose.
      I would like to echo that statement.

Spoilers:
      Spoiler:
      As a whole I quite like the ep. But, all those consequences and the missed meetings between Donna and the Doctor annoyed me slightly... It was funny though. And I couldn't stop saying that the Adipose were really cute. And wow, Rose. Just one second before she turned around I said to my brother whom I was watching it with "That looks a lot like Rose." Then it was.

Overall 8/10
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Hi Rose.
        Was not expecting that so early on in the season .... twas nice though

All in all it was a good episode for the first of the season, Doctor Whos premieres always seem a bit lack luster IMO so it did well for one of those

Bring on next week
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Anyone else desperate for Foster to be the Rani?

No?

Just me then....

Anyone else think that shot of Rose was so unflattering it made her look like a man?

No?

Oh....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I've just seen the episode, or at least it was on in the room I was working on the computer in, and my chair faces the tv.

Words fail me.

Or rather the words don't fail me, I just can't use them because the nannynet will delete them and I'll get told off by the mods.

That has to be the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen in all the years I have watched the show. Even the terrible eps with Sylvester McCoy were better than this pile of (insert required swear word here).

I would list what was wrong with the show, but I think the list of what was right would be easier.

1. The music was good

2. Um...

If this is the level this show is going to maintain then I think it's going to lose a lot of viewers over the next few weeks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              All in all it was a good episode for the first of the season, Doctor Whos premieres always seem a bit lack luster IMO so it did well for one of those

I wanna Adipose!!!

What have they done to the theme music?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

I wanna Adipose!!!

What have they done to the theme music?!?
                I like the new theme music.... a hell of a lot more foreboding
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  I like the new theme music.... a hell of a lot more foreboding
                  I'm not a hundred percent convinced over the theme music. I 'spose I don't like change...

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                  I've just seen the episode, or at least it was on in the room I was working on the computer in, and my chair faces the tv.

Words fail me.

Or rather the words don't fail me, I just can't use them because the nannynet will delete them and I'll get told off by the mods.

That has to be the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen in all the years I have watched the show. Even the terrible eps with Sylvester McCoy were better than this pile of (insert required swear word here).
                  Not the best ep I admit, but I doubt its the worst. I can't wait for the Moffat eps meself.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I enjoyed this episode.

I must admit that I was dreading Donna, as I didn't like her in her Christmas episode, but I thought she was good here. I take back everything I've said about Catherine Tate joining the show.

I thought this was a fun episode, and especially enjoyed the super nanny and her babies. I want an adipose.

I also thought it was a good way to re-introduce us to Donna, giving us her reasons for wishing to join up with the Doctor.

Overall, it was a fun romp, so I give it 8/10.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the theme tune, but it could have been better admittedly. Overall, I liked this episode. It was written to be a comedy, no doubt about it (shown especially when Donna and the Doctor are reunited and began mouthing to each other on opposite sides of the room before being caught by the intergalactic nanny, and then the little cuddly fat creatures...awwwwness, definitely going to be made into toys for the kids..)
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Well, I really enjoyed it.

Good intro to the season, did a good job of showing the change in Donna and why she now wants to travel with the Doctor. Good mix of action (loved the window-cleaning cradle sequence!) and introspection (the Doctor's explanation of what's happened since he and Donna last met - still alone, kind of, met Martha and "ruined half her life", Rose still lost etc...). Some great light-hearted moments (adored the scene where they finally "meet" and the Doctor's bemusement as Donna tries to mime a complicated explanation of what she's doing there! ) and the Adipose were cute (though I kept expecting it to be a double-bluff and them to turn out to be vicious and eat people or something! ).

And wow, what a shocker at the end. I never saw that coming! I knew she was back near the end of the season but foreshadowing that in the premiere?! Leaving everyone going "WTF?! How's that possible?!!" for just about the whole season?! Evil!

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                        I would like to echo that statement.

Spoilers:
                        Spoiler:
                        And wow, Rose. Just one second before she turned around I said to my brother whom I was watching it with "That looks a lot like Rose." Then it was.

Oh me too! I had a sudden feeling that something important was happening and said to hubby, "That looks a bit like... is that...?" and then she turned round and I was like, "OMG! It is!"

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                        I'm not a hundred percent convinced over the theme music. I 'spose I don't like change...
                        Yeah, I wasn't too keen on it in VotD but it'll probably grow on me..

and then the little cuddly fat creatures...awwwwness, definitely going to be made into toys for the kids..)
                        Did you see in Doctor Who Confidential the knitted one they had on-set?
                        sigpic

Comment

I really liked it. I'm not sure if it was because those Adipose things were so cute, or if it was because I have really missed Who (nothing else to watch).

I'm not sure about the music yet. But I'm quite sure I don't like it.

Maybe I loved it so much because I was relieved that Catherine Tate wasn't totally awful. And I do so want her hair.

Pity Foster is, apparently, dead. Well, you never know in Sci-fi do you? I thought she was a chilling alien and would like to have seen more of her.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I loved it.. brillant.

Doctor who bbc site gone down
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
                              I loved it.. brillant.

Doctor who bbc site gone down
                              as has the outpost gallifrey forums.....

cant sign in.... hope that doesnt happen every week

Comment

Working...
                              X