Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Post Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO SERIES 30
    PARTNERS IN CRIME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3001

While investigating a company that promises overnight weight loss with an easy pill, the Doctor is reunited with Donna, who has been searching for him in the hopes of joining him in his travels.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Default Re: Partners in Crime (3001/401)

Hi Rose.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Quote Originally Posted by mappalazarou View Post
    Hi Rose.
    I would like to echo that statement.

Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    As a whole I quite like the ep. But, all those consequences and the missed meetings between Donna and the Doctor annoyed me slightly... It was funny though. And I couldn't stop saying that the Adipose were really cute. And wow, Rose. Just one second before she turned around I said to my brother whom I was watching it with "That looks a lot like Rose." Then it was.

Overall 8/10

He Who Burns At The Center Of Time The_Carpenter's Avatar

Hi Rose.
    Was not expecting that so early on in the season .... twas nice though

All in all it was a good episode for the first of the season, Doctor Whos premieres always seem a bit lack luster IMO so it did well for one of those

Bring on next week
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Anyone else desperate for Foster to be the Rani?

No?

Just me then....

Anyone else think that shot of Rose was so unflattering it made her look like a man?

No?

Oh....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

I've just seen the episode, or at least it was on in the room I was working on the computer in, and my chair faces the tv.

Words fail me.

Or rather the words don't fail me, I just can't use them because the nannynet will delete them and I'll get told off by the mods.

That has to be the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen in all the years I have watched the show. Even the terrible eps with Sylvester McCoy were better than this pile of (insert required swear word here).

I would list what was wrong with the show, but I think the list of what was right would be easier.

1. The music was good

2. Um...

If this is the level this show is going to maintain then I think it's going to lose a lot of viewers over the next few weeks.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Quote Originally Posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    All in all it was a good episode for the first of the season, Doctor Whos premieres always seem a bit lack luster IMO so it did well for one of those

I wanna Adipose!!!

What have they done to the theme music?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Naonak View Post

I wanna Adipose!!!

What have they done to the theme music?!?
    I like the new theme music.... a hell of a lot more foreboding
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

I like the new theme music.... a hell of a lot more foreboding
    I'm not a hundred percent convinced over the theme music. I 'spose I don't like change...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee View Post
    I've just seen the episode, or at least it was on in the room I was working on the computer in, and my chair faces the tv.

Words fail me.

Or rather the words don't fail me, I just can't use them because the nannynet will delete them and I'll get told off by the mods.

That has to be the worst episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen in all the years I have watched the show. Even the terrible eps with Sylvester McCoy were better than this pile of (insert required swear word here).
    Not the best ep I admit, but I doubt its the worst. I can't wait for the Moffat eps meself.

Ruffler Extraordinaire dipsofjazz's Avatar

Sam Re: Partners in Crime (3001/401)

I enjoyed this episode.

I must admit that I was dreading Donna, as I didn't like her in her Christmas episode, but I thought she was good here. I take back everything I've said about Catherine Tate joining the show.

I thought this was a fun episode, and especially enjoyed the super nanny and her babies. I want an adipose.

I also thought it was a good way to re-introduce us to Donna, giving us her reasons for wishing to join up with the Doctor.

Overall, it was a fun romp, so I give it 8/10.
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dipsofjazz/media/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dadf52b3fe.jpg</a></a>

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

I don't mind the theme tune, but it could have been better admittedly. Overall, I liked this episode. It was written to be a comedy, no doubt about it (shown especially when Donna and the Doctor are reunited and began mouthing to each other on opposite sides of the room before being caught by the intergalactic nanny, and then the little cuddly fat creatures...awwwwness, definitely going to be made into toys for the kids..)
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Well, I really enjoyed it.

Good intro to the season, did a good job of showing the change in Donna and why she now wants to travel with the Doctor. Good mix of action (loved the window-cleaning cradle sequence!) and introspection (the Doctor's explanation of what's happened since he and Donna last met - still alone, kind of, met Martha and "ruined half her life", Rose still lost etc...). Some great light-hearted moments (adored the scene where they finally "meet" and the Doctor's bemusement as Donna tries to mime a complicated explanation of what she's doing there! ) and the Adipose were cute (though I kept expecting it to be a double-bluff and them to turn out to be vicious and eat people or something! ).

And wow, what a shocker at the end. I never saw that coming! I knew she was back near the end of the season but foreshadowing that in the premiere?! Leaving everyone going "WTF?! How's that possible?!!" for just about the whole season?! Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulabaloo View Post
    I would like to echo that statement.

Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    And wow, Rose. Just one second before she turned around I said to my brother whom I was watching it with "That looks a lot like Rose." Then it was.

Oh me too! I had a sudden feeling that something important was happening and said to hubby, "That looks a bit like... is that...?" and then she turned round and I was like, "OMG! It is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hulabaloo View Post
    I'm not a hundred percent convinced over the theme music. I 'spose I don't like change...
    Yeah, I wasn't too keen on it in VotD but it'll probably grow on me..

and then the little cuddly fat creatures...awwwwness, definitely going to be made into toys for the kids..)
    Did you see in Doctor Who Confidential the knitted one they had on-set?

I really liked it. I'm not sure if it was because those Adipose things were so cute, or if it was because I have really missed Who (nothing else to watch).

I'm not sure about the music yet. But I'm quite sure I don't like it.

Maybe I loved it so much because I was relieved that Catherine Tate wasn't totally awful. And I do so want her hair.

Pity Foster is, apparently, dead. Well, you never know in Sci-fi do you? I thought she was a chilling alien and would like to have seen more of her.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Second Lieutenant Sheppard little minx's Avatar

I loved it.. brillant.

Doctor who bbc site gone down
    http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff222/daviddrwhofan/SheppardSig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
    I loved it.. brillant.

Doctor who bbc site gone down
    as has the outpost gallifrey forums.....

cant sign in.... hope that doesnt happen every week

TV Donna might not be in love with the Doctor, but I'm in love with Donna

I loved the Adipose. They seemed so friendly. I was particularly pleased to learn that the parents didn't approve of the way their offspring were being spawned, because I want the Adipose to be good creatures - the Whoniverse seems to have more bad aliens than good.

Still, a gloriously sick way for them to be 'born'. Poor pill-popping-people. That chap who said he lost his weight at 1:10am - bless'im, he was a pet.

I liked Bernard Cribbins turning out to be Donnas Grandad. It made the end of the episode especially sweet.

Donna herself was splendid. I enjoyed the mouthing scene - enough mugging to be silly fun, but still plausible. I LOL'd at the hatbox. I thought what she said about going to Egypt and how her life hadn't changed and she was n't really managing to change it like she'd expected, was touching and gave her depth.

I'd not been looking forward to the return of Rose in the finale; I found that the return of Rose 11 or 12 episodes before I'd expected it was a good deal more enjoyable than I'd have thought possible. Was she really 'there'? Did she hear a word Donna said? Why was she there? A mystery is so much better than the Doctor going looking for her.

What's all that about the Bees then? <-- that's confused in a good way.

Madeleine

Default Re: Donna might not be in love with the Doctor, but I'm in love with Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    I loved the Adipose. They seemed so friendly. I was particularly pleased to learn that the parents didn't approve of the way their offspring were being spawned, because I want the Adipose to be good creatures - the Whoniverse seems to have more bad aliens than good.
    I got the impression that the Adipose parents were fine with using a stage five world, and just eliminated Ms Foster to remove witness's... either one works though

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    What's all that about the Bees then? <-- that's confused in a good way.
    I think its a reference to the theory of Colony Collapse Disorder. Whereby if Bees disappear completely civilisation will collapse within 5 years as crops are no longer pollinated and we run out of food... how this plays into season 4 I have no idea mind

Default Re: Donna might not be in love with the Doctor, but I'm in love with Donna

I got the impression that the Adipose parents were fine with using a stage five world, and just eliminated Ms Foster to remove witness's... either one works though
    That's how I read it as well. It wasn't that they were unhappy, they just wanted any accomplices removed and out of the picture. After all, if Foster was out, then they could claim ignorance.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Cheesy episode and while Donna was less annoying then in "Runaway Bride" I still have some problems to reaslly warm up to her.

Three hurrays for the mentioning of Martha
    50 hurrays for ROOOOOOOSE!

but why did she look so sad and fade away. Did she find some way to contact this world from the alternate universe? I want herr back :hugs Rose:
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

On a side note, did anyone else like the way she fiddled with her glasses? The clacking they made just sounded 'cool' to me. And the way she folded them... she was just playing with them all the time. Made her seem more sinister...