No announcement yet.

Doctor Who & Spin-Offs A-Z Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U ~ Usurian - The Usurians from the planet Usurius are a species that abandoned military conquest in favour of economic conquest. They enslaved humanity after their engineers made Mars suitable for human habitation, humans having depleted the Earth's resources. Once humanity had depleted Mars's resources as well, the Usurians engineered Pluto so that humans could inhabit it. They created six artificial "Suns" around it and installed the Collector, seen in 'The Sun Makers', to oversee the collection of taxes from their human workforce. They intended to abandon Pluto and leave humanity to become extinct once the humans had exhausted its resources, there being no economically viable planet to relocate humanity to once more. The humans on Pluto revolted against the Collector and seized control of Pluto. The revolutionaries intended to relocate to Earth as the Doctor assured them it would have regenerated in their absence.

Comment

V ~ Valiant (The Valiant is an airborne aircraft carrier controlled by UNIT. It appeared in 2007 series' 2-part finale The Sound of Drums. The Master used it as his base of operations during his year as ruler of Earth.)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

W ~ Wirrn - The Wirrn are an insectoid race that made their debut in the 1975 Fourth Doctor story 'The Ark in Space'. The Wirrn claim to have originated from Andromeda (whether they meant the galaxy, the constellation, or even a planet named "Andromeda" is unclear), but were driven into space by human settlers.

Comment

X ~ X-Ray (In the 1970 story Spearhead from Space, an X-Ray revealed for the first time that the Doctor had two hearts. In the 2007 opening story Smith and Jones, the Doctor super-charged an X-Ray machine and used it to destroy a Slab.)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Y ~ Yeti - The Yeti serve the Great Intelligence, a disembodied entity from another planet, which tried to form a physical body in order to conquer the Earth. The Yeti are initially a ruse to scare off curiosity seekers, and later form an army serving the Great Intelligence.

The Great Intelligence and its Yeti minions were thwarted twice by the Doctor's second incarnation, played by Patrick Troughton, in the serials 'The Abominable Snowmen' and 'The Web of Fear'. A Yeti was also one of the creatures in the Death Zone featured in The Five Doctors.

Comment

Z ~ Death Zone Refered to in the 90 minute serial The 5 Doctors. As the various incarnations of the Doctor join forces, they learn they are in the Death Zone on their home world of Gallifrey, fighting Daleks, Cybermen, Yeti... and a devious Time Lord traitor who is using the Doctor and his companions to discover the ancient secrets of Rassilon, the first and most powerful ruler of Gallifrey.
              Shelly
              My Photos
              sigpic

Comment

A ~ Astra of Atrios - Princess Astra of Atrios was the sixth Princess of the sixth dynasty of the sixth royal house of Atrios. Astra was kidnapped by the Shadow and later transmuted to her true shape, a segment of the Key to Time. After the Fourth Doctor defeated the Black Guardian and the White Guardian had used the Key to restore universal balance, Princess Astra was restored to her human form and returned to normal life, ruling her planet and presumably marrying Merak. 'The Armageddon Factor'

Romana later decided to regenerate and eventually adopted Princess Astra's appearance.
                'Destiny of the Daleks'

Comment

B ~ Bessie (Bessie was the name the 3rd Doctor gave to a yellow roadster which he used during his 5-year exile on Earth. Bessie had the licence plate of WHO 1 and first appeared in the 1970 story Doctor Who and the Silurians. The newly regenerated 4th Doctor used Bessie in the 1974 story Robot. After that Bessie wasn't seen again until the 1983 story The Five Doctors in which it was being driven by the 3rd Doctor. Bessie's next appearance after that was in the 1988 story Battlefield in which it was driven by the 7th Doctor. The licence plate had been changed to WHO 7. The Doctor had made some modifications to Bessie and one of these was a Super-Fast Drive which allowed the car to move faster than a car of its type is supposed to. Presumably Bessie is being stored by UNIT.)

Comment

Ack I wasn't quick enough posting, should I delete?
                    Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

C ~ Creature from the Pit - The Doctor and Romana receive a distress signal and arrive on Chloris, a lush and verdant world that has only small quantities of metals, all of which are controlled by its ruler, Lady Adrasta. Adrasta keeps order with the aid of her Huntsman and his wolfweeds - mobile balls of vegetation - while a band of scruffy thieves, led by Torvin, organize raids on her palace to steal whatever metal they can.

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                        Ack I wasn't quick enough posting, should I delete?
                        If you wouldn't mind?

Comment

I took it off. I have to research what I put so I guess I will wait till people who know more are done.
                          Shelly
                          My Photos
                          sigpic

Comment

D ~ Delgado, Roger First actor to portray The Master from 1971 until his death in 1973. The first episode was Terror of the Autons.
                            Shelly
                            My Photos
                            sigpic

Comment

E ~ Eighth Doctor, The (The 8th Doctor came in to existence after the 7th Doctor was injured in a shoot out and "killed" during a botched medical procedure. The 7th Doctor had actually faked his death by stopping his hearts so that he could stop the surgery and be taken to a mortuary for privacy so he could regenerate to recover from his gunshot wounds. The 8th Doctor only had one on-screen appearance and that was in the 1996 TV movie Enemy Within. However his adventures continued in book, comic, and audio adventure form. It is unknown what caused the 8th Doctor to regenerate into the 9th Doctor but fans speculate that it was either during or after the Time Lords' Time War with the Daleks. The 8th Doctor holds the mantle of longest running "current" Doctor with his predecessor, the 7th Doctor. The 8th Doctor was played by Paul McGann.)

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                              I took it off. I have to research what I put so I guess I will wait till people who know more are done.
                              Oh I feel bad now. Maybe I should have deleted my entry instead? I didn't realise that you had to research and wait for a letter you knew something for.
                              Last edited by Alan; 04 April 2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

F ~ Foreman, Susan Played by Carole Ann Ford was the Grandaughter and Companion of the First Doctor. She first appeared in the first episode, An Unearthly Child. Susan traveled with The Doctor until the episode Dalek Invasion of Earth where she met and fell in live with David Campbell. The Doctor decided she needed a better life and locked her out of the Tardis and left without her leaving her to live a more stable life.

I don't wait for a letter I know something about but when it is something I don't know and have to research it takes me a while to type it up. So it will be best if I make sure that those who know more aren't posting at the same time because that will probably happen more often. It's OK.
                                Shelly
                                My Photos
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X