This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Emotional SGA character moment

What character moment from SGA most tugged at you emotionally when you saw it? I imagine for many, it will be the moment of Carson's demise or Rodney's or Weir's or John's reaction to it.

The moment I always think back to is in "The Defiant One." After Brendan kills himself, Rodney turns back to face him, and he looks utterly devastated and says quietly: "Oh no."

Second would be a similar look of utter despair when he gets

Spoiler:
    the prognosis about Jen in "The Last Man."

How about everyone else?
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Can this include season 4 atlantis as well ?

I'd have to say THE LAST MANthe scene between Sam and Rodney it's so sweet and so sad knowing they may never see each other again great scene between them

And also THE KINDRED P2 or P1i think , when Carson goes into the cryo pod chamber what he say's to everyone it kind of had the feeling of THE LOST CITY SG-1 over all it was a great emotional scene
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I would say The Defiant One: In the end when Shep asks about Gall and Rodney just says 'no' with that sad voice...I think that's a sad scene!

Then of course Sunday: I think I don't need to say anything!

S4
      Spoiler:
      Spoils of War: When Teyla talks to John about the fear of nearly having lost her baby!

The Kindred 1: I thought the scene in the beginning where they burn Kanan's body was very moving!

The Kindred 2: Saying goodbye to Carson broke my heart!

The Last Man: The story of each and everyone made me teary!

I also like the ending of Aurora which isn't really a character moment but very sad nonetheless!
      My absolutely amazing sigs are by the very talented CazzBlade, scifan, Susanne, Fainne, Gate Medic, kali1, Pandora, AddyQ, Pic, csom, Stef, Spacemonkey_J., Icarium, Donna Booth, Rachel-Kree, Jill, Torri,
      Achaja, LiliJ, Kazbaby, Dr. Jackson, Maccie, Snowball, Camy, CKO and Luciana!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
        What character moment from SGA most tugged at you emotionally when you saw it?
        Do I really need to answer this?

404 - Doppelganger

Spoiler:
        Teyla finding Kate and the scene afterwards where she's sitting on her bed.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

John's reaction to the news on Elizabeth in Adrift.

Rodneys reaction and guilt about Carson in Sunday.
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
            John's reaction to the news on Elizabeth in Adrift.
            I'll see that ep for the first time today! In an hour and 20 min! But first "Jolinar's Memories".

As for most emotional SGA moment...

Michael swallowing when Teyla called him a silly name...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Sunday

and a close second from Kindred pt.2
              Spoiler:
              When clone Carson was put in stasis. Even more horrible to lose him a second time, this time with the characters KNOWING the "death" is coming.

Comment

If think season 4 has too really emotional scenes that stand out for me
                Spoiler:
                When Carson gets put into stasis, that was so sad just all the teams reaction to him getting put in there

Also:

Spoiler:
                I think Millers Crossing when Rodney is talkng to Shep about letting the wraith feed on him and Shep says 'I can't'
                sigpic

Comment

.: Emotional Character Moments in SGA for me?
                  • Poisoning the Well - Carson with Perna when she dies.
                  • The Defiant One - Rodney and Brendan, from the scenes with Rodney looking after him to his devestation.
                  • Letters From Pegasus - the compilation of the "goodbyes" at the end always gets to me.
                  • Coup d'Etat - the scene with Carson giving Dahlia an examination and her befflement at why he cares. It's a very human moment for both characters.
                  • Misbegotten - the devastating look on Carson's face when Rodney is ordered to destroy the camp.
                  • McKay and Mrs Miller - John showing Jeannie Rodney's tape, and then Rodney and Jeannie hug.
                  • Tao of Rodney - there are tons of moments here. What I like about this episode is that it is not just about Rodney but his relationships with others. Some of my favourites are Rodney healing Radek then running off, Elizabeth encouraging Rodney, Rodney doing service/apologizing to his teammates, and Rodney about to die in the infirmary with everybody around him.
                  • Sunday - no explanation really needed. Rodney's grief probably kills me the most. "Rodney. What’s done is done." - "I know. And that’s why it’s killing me."

Spoiler:
                  • Adrift - John almost cries because of Elizabeth.
                  • Doppelganger - Teyla's reaction when she finds Kate.
                  • This Mortal Coil - Radek and Rodney talking about Elizabeth and Carson, and Rodney says he's not ready yet, and tells Radek thank you.
                  • Kindred II - anything with Carson, especially when he goes into cryo and hugs Ronon.

.: Those are some of my tops ...

.: And anything with Keller makes me possess nothing but apathy

Comment

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Sateda, when Ronon's getting that thing out of his leg, thinking back to the death of his wife
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Sateda, when Ronon's getting that thing out of his leg, thinking back to the death of his wife
                      .: Aw, I forgot to add that one, that too

Comment

All very good choices. And I will naturally ignore one comment designed for a purpose which will not be explored.

I would also add:

Rodney trapped in the control room, about to drown in the alternate timeline of "Before I Sleep."
                        Theoretically spoilerish:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I'd have to say that Carson and Rodney have the most emotional moments in the show, because they're not the hero, who has to (at least according to the writers) remain stalwart, etc. I'd say that Rodney packing up Carson's belongings is one of the best moments.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            I'd have to say that Carson and Rodney have the most emotional moments in the show, because they're not the hero, who has to (at least according to the writers) remain stalwart, etc. I'd say that Rodney packing up Carson's belongings is one of the best moments.
                            .: I love all the moments these two have together <3 Another one is from "The Return Part I" when Carson, Rodney, and Radek are packing up:

Spoiler:
                            BECKETT: Well, I must admit, it’s been a pleasure working with you both. In fact, out of all the people ...
                            (He trails off and stops what he’s doing, lowering his head.)
                            McKAY: You are not tearing up on me, are you? (He rolls his eyes.) Oh, he is, he’s tearing up.
                            BECKETT (angrily starting to pack again): Now you’ve ruined it.
                            McKAY (sarcastically): Oh, I’m sorry.
                            BECKETT: I was just about to say something.
                            McKAY: Well, it’s not like we’re not gonna see each other at the Gate.
                            BECKETT (angrily): No, of course not. (He closes the case he was packing, lifts it off the table and starts to walk away.) I don’t know what I was thinking. (He sighs in an annoyed way.)
                            McKAY (in a tetchy voice): What was it?
                            BECKETT (stopping): What?
                            McKAY: What you were gonna say. Just say it. Now I’m curious.
                            (Carson sighs again, then turns to face him and Radek.)
                            BECKETT (quietly): I was going to say ... goodbye, Rodney.

.: It's a very ... profound moment, at least for me

Comment

Working...
                            X