CW Official "Descent" Episode Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I've read that he was signed for next season too. If it is only as flashbacks in a few episodes, I guess it will be better than not seeing him at all anymore.
    I suppose it was inevitable, doesn't lex kill his parents in the comic books and thats what finally pushes him to the 'dark side'. I was just suprised because they showed you lionel being pushed out of a window in the promo and i didnt think they would have made it that obvious who was going to die, and also the fact we thought he had signed for another year.

Comment

Whoa! That was awesome! Evil Lex so evil.

I don't think we have to worry about the writing. The staff taking over has already been there under Al Miles since I think season 2. They know what they are doing
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Now that I've actually seen the episode, I'm still upset about Lionel... because I was growing to like him. But I guess he can come back in episodes...I suspect future voice or image recordings left behind in more Kryptonian message thingies. That's probably what they plan, doin' it Terence Stamp style.

Comment

I'll take what I can get of Lionel.

As for Lex, I look forward to seeing him plunge even deeper into the dark side. He's finally becoming a proper villain.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So agree - Lex is an awesome bad guy now. Before he was just blah, but now genuinely evil.

I think a shrink would have a field day with him... he did kind of psychologically kill himself.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              I suppose it was inevitable, doesn't lex kill his parents in the comic books and thats what finally pushes him to the 'dark side'. I was just suprised because they showed you lionel being pushed out of a window in the promo and i didnt think they would have made it that obvious who was going to die, and also the fact we thought he had signed for another year.
              In the comics, Lex killed his parents similar to how Lionel killed his. Lex has always been on evil.

: Green is Good.
              sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                Now that I've actually seen the episode, I'm still upset about Lionel... because I was growing to like him.
                yeah but the old man had it coming. maybe he genuinely wanted to improve but it was a bit late for that, he was a Luthor anyway (his old habits never really died off - lies deceit underhand tactics etc. like having Clark captured & held in a kryptonite cage only 2 episodes ago) plus he did kill his own parents (for money no less)

in fact Lionel's lucky not to have gone through the same thing his parents did (falling off a very high story, kinda way better than roasting alive)

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                As for Lex, I look forward to seeing him plunge even deeper into the dark side. He's finally becoming (become ??) a proper villain.
                in short he's finally becoming the real Lex Luthor (from DC comics). was about time too

remember long ago that old woman who had a vision of Lex standing in a field of tulips then the sky went dark & all the tulips went black & withered away ? (the vision gave her a heart attack & killed her)
                that was the real Lex she saw

well I suppose Lex symbolically killed off whatever good was in him (is that even possible ?)
                now Clark doesn't know this, but if he did then I guess it would be "safe" for him to kill Lex

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  yeah but the old man had it coming. maybe he genuinely wanted to improve but it was a bit late for that, he was a Luthor anyway (his old habits never really died off - lies deceit underhand tactics etc. like having Clark captured & held in a kryptonite cage only 2 episodes ago) plus he did kill his own parents (for money no less)

in fact Lionel's lucky not to have gone through the same thing his parents did (falling off a very high story, kinda way better than roasting alive)

in short he's finally becoming the real Lex Luthor (from DC comics). was about time too

remember long ago that old woman who had a vision of Lex standing in a field of tulips then the sky went dark & all the tulips went black & withered away ? (the vision gave her a heart attack & killed her)
                  that was the real Lex she saw

well I suppose Lex symbolically killed off whatever good was in him (is that even possible ?)
                  now Clark doesn't know this, but if he did then I guess it would be "safe" for him to kill Lex
                  Clark wouldnt kill him even if he did know. The good side of lex was still the real Lex Luthor, he just gave in to the dark side by 'symbolically' killing his good side, thus becoming the evil Lex Luthor we all know.
                  Last edited by marty2006; 25 April 2008, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006
                    Clark wouldnt kill him even if he did know.
                    yeah I know, he's above that sort of thing. what I meant was, it would no longer be morally wrong if he did it (not too wrong anyway :-) now that it is known that Lex is pure evil & has absolutely no good left in him (at least from what I understood in this ep). it's like tossing away a rotten apple core, nothing edible left :|

Comment

I think it would be more apt for Clark to finally defeat Lex with investigative reporting.

Comment

Working...
                      X