This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 'bout 1969

The old Cassie says at the end (when sg1 has been slung far into the future)
    that Sam told her what happened and that she would be the one to send them home.

Okay how is this possible SG-1 was gone the whole time, how could Sam heve told her???
    "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
    Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
    Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
    Spoiler:
    Everyone: "Go Metric"
    Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
    (\/)
    (oo)
    (")(")

Aah, the lovely art of time travelling. Well, I hope this because simple enough to understand:

They got sent into the future when they went through the gate in 1969, and met Cassandra there. After that they went back to present day, and there Sam told Cassandra that they would come so she could meet them. You understand what I'm saying?

Comment

Of course, how foolish of me

Thnx
      "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
      Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
      Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
      Spoiler:
      Everyone: "Go Metric"
      Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
      (\/)
      (oo)
      (")(")

Comment

A self resolving paradox is what Sam called it. After Cassie sent them home, Sam told Cassie what'd happened, and then, when those events happened later, Cassie knew what to expect, and so was able to send them home.
        Temporal mechanics can be confusing. It makes some people's brains hurt, even mine every now and then.

Comment

^ She said "self fulfilling prophecy", like in Macbeth, or Harry Potter... There's no need to make things sound geekier than they actually are

Like others have said, they went back, the went forward, they went back again. All one timeline, Sam told Cassy in the present
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
          X