This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery of Teyla

Ever since the beginning of SGA I have questioned the acctions and behaviors of Teyla. This is all becuse in "Rising" Teyla rounds a corner and meets Sheperd but there seems to be something like black smoke or a wraith shadow from where she came almost like she teleported or walked through an invisible wall, but then when her and Sheperd go around the corner they keep going. I dont know if I am the only one that saw it but it seems like there is a significants to it. I just would like to know if anybody else saw what I did.
    Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Didn't the wraith used to project an image to confuse their potential victims. Others SG members were firing at them as well.
    Teyla walked through one of the illusions and told Sheppard they were just an illusion and to ignore them.

I don't think there is anything sinister on Teylas behalf. She has seen the illusion before and knows to ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
      Didn't the wraith used to project an image to confuse their potential victims. Others SG members were firing at them as well.
      Teyla walked through one of the illusions and told Sheppard they were just an illusion and to ignore them.

I don't think there is anything sinister on Teylas behalf. She has seen the illusion before and knows to ignore them.
      Indeed, totally answered that question.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post

Yes you are correct.

Comment

but somehow bullets didnt create holes in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
            but somehow bullets didnt create holes in the darkness
            its called CGI effects, and i seriously doubt it'd been worth the extra couple grand, to create holes in smoke

Comment

Why would bullets have to make holes? The illusions were projected to confuse and scare their prey. Why would they create a potential vulnerability that would give hope to their victims.

Comment

They are illusions, not smoke. Bullets can't make holes in illussions.
                1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

but teyla could

Comment

Working...
                  X