Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have a name for this officer?

Spoilers for s4 finale 'the last man'

The female officer, played by Heather Doerksen, who sat at the weapons console on the Phoenix in 'the last man'. She's been in a few earlier episodes, including The Seige, Part 3 and the Intruder (season 2) as the helm officer on the Daedalus.
    Just wondering if we have a name or rank for her. I have a feeling that her shoulder had a captain's bars on it in The Last Man (or it might have been a Lieutenants). But have we ever seen her rank before then?
    Godspeed, Don.

I don't think so
    Spoiler:
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Here's a picture of her, she's next to Caldwell

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2...2_08.jpg.shtml
      Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        Spoilers for s4 finale 'the last man'

The female officer, played by Heather Doerksen, who sat at the weapons console on the Phoenix in 'the last man'. She's been in a few earlier episodes, including The Seige, Part 3 and the Intruder (season 2) as the helm officer on the Daedalus.
        Just wondering if we have a name or rank for her. I have a feeling that her shoulder had a captain's bars on it in The Last Man (or it might have been a Lieutenants). But have we ever seen her rank before then?
        According to the End Title Credits for "No Man's Land," her character's name is Meyers. And she's listed as a Lt. by GateWorld for the credits for "The Last Man," so...Lt. Meyers.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          According to the End Title Credits for "No Man's Land," her character's name is Meyers. And she's listed as a Lt. by GateWorld for the credits for "The Last Man," so...Lt. Meyers.

Morjana
          Yeah. I saw that too. But I watched it again and she's definately wearing captain's bars in The Last Man. But, I suppose it's not exactly unusual for them to make a costume mistake, or to give her someone else's costume so that they don't have to make a costume especially for that one episode.

So, Lt. Meyers it is. At least until we see her again, probably when we next see the phoenix, whenever that it.
          Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Or perhaps she is a Lt. in the regular timeline, and she'd been promoted to Capt. by the time of Carter's ill-fated mission in the alternate-future shown in The Last Man. This would seem like the obvious (albeit a bit fanwanked) solution to your Captain bars problem.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Or perhaps she is a Lt. in the regular timeline, and she'd been promoted to Capt. by the time of Carter's ill-fated mission in the alternate-future shown in The Last Man. This would seem like the obvious (albeit a bit fanwanked) solution to your Captain bars problem.
              Sounds good to me. Of course, next time we see her, she'll probably be a colonel with her own ship or a sergeant and then we'll have to revise everything.

Um... I've got to ask... fanwanked... No, wait, I don't want to know.
              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Weird, cause in The Siege her name tag says Emma Cooper and she's a Major.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                  Um... I've got to ask... fanwanked... No, wait, I don't want to know.
                  Fanwank

fanwank

To fill in plot holes or explain away lapses in continuity in fictional works by coming up with (often convoluted) explanations of how it could have happened.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

IIRC,marks has been a lt and a captain and i think has served on two of earth's ships....so a lack of continuity on part of the costuming folks when it comes to your random red shirt crewperson is not extraordinary.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In my brief viewing experience of Meyers, she rocks.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

She missed Michael's Wraith cruiser with the Asgard beams AND was aboard the ill-fated Phoenix [incidentally where the Asgard weapons again failed her]. I wouldn't say she rocks. Just that she's... Well, unlucky. Novak, IMO, would have worked those Asgard weapons to perfection.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

But she misses with class.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

and because the script tells her to
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And because the plasma beam weapons are PLASMA. They do not travel at the speed of light.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X