Daniel Jackson & Samantha Carter great 'sibling' moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson & Samantha Carter great 'sibling' moments

Couldn't find a thread for this with the search. One relationship from SG-1 that I adore, is the way Sam and Daniel act like brother and sister. There are so many great moments between them, big and little. I'll start, feel free to join in!

-Serpent's Venom was on today. This is probably my favourite episode of them working together to solve a problem. I especially like how they both 'whine' to Jacob for help and Jacob treats them like they are both his wayward kids! And speaking of...

-Tangent is hilarious when they get ringed up to the ship and both get reamed by Jacob for interrupting his mission. Then the chastised look they both get when he says, "Good enough. Well? Let's go!"

-Sacrifices when Ry'ac is telling them he is going to get married at Stargate Command.

-Chimera when Daniel is telling Sam and Teal'c about his dream. Sam teases him by saying, "Sounds like a typical male fantasy to me.", and Daniel gives her a great "heeeey..." look in response.

-The opening and ending tags to Space Race and the conversations Daniel and Sam have about the race. I like these type of scenes because I think Sam seems most herself when talking with Daniel about the everyday things.

-The Quest pt 2. They get switched to the third planet. Sam is using all her skills to try and fix the DHD to save them all from Adria. And yet in the midst of that, her first question to Cam after quickly telling him the situation is..."How's Daniel?" Love those little touches.

Ok, that's mine for now. Your turn. And........GO!

Ooh yes, I'm definitely a Sam/Daniel admirer. Sometimes I'm almost a S/D shipper, but there is definitely a close vibe that could very easily be just that special love siblings and deep friends have. My favorite moments...

I just watched Endgame, and love when Daniel is brought by the Trust to where captured Sam is, and they just look at each other and sort of smirk. There's a same sort of friendly smirk in Arthur's Mantle when Sam says she's glad Daniel's out of phase with her so they can translate faster. Oh so adorable!

I also love the emotional moments between them. Sam's hug when Daniel comes back from the "dead" in In the Serpent's Lair, and how Daniel looks out for Sam when she's upset about Cassie's condition in Singularity. There's especially a very sibling-ish moment in The Tok'ra where Daniel interrupts Martouf and Sam having a rather intimate moment, and Daniel has this lovely defensiveness about him, a sort of "be careful what you do with my sister" look.

Wow, I could go on and on...but I won't be greedy.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

*sigh* I give up. I see so many times when newbies are accused of not using the 'search' button. I don't think that is the case, I think the 'search' feature needs some updates. I searched and searched and searched for a thread like this, using all different wording, and going into character threads to the bottom where it lists similar threads....nothing on Sam and Daniel. Then TEN MINUTES later, I am going through 'fun and games' and there are the Sam/Daniel threads! So I apologise, this HAS been done before. Although, not particularly covering the 'sibling' aspect. So, I will keep going!

Great examples BTW MerryK.

Another one I like, in Cold Lazarus when Teal'c asks Sam and Daniel if they got permission to have him fire his staff weapon in the Gateroom. GREAT 'caught' look on both their faces as they insist they did!

Comment

I also like the exchange in Message in a Bottle where Daniel is teasing Sam about the crush Lt. Simmons has on her and their discussion gets caught on the recording!

How I miss the and moments in seasons 9 & 10.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          How I miss the and moments in seasons 9 & 10.
          Hear hear. Seasons 9 and 10 kept putting Daniel with Vala and Sam with Mitchell. And Teal'c....? Um, who WAS Teal'c hanging out with?

Back to Daniel and Sam:

Sam near tears when they visit Daniel in the mental health facility in Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            *sigh* I give up. I see so many times when newbies are accused of not using the 'search' button. I don't think that is the case, I think the 'search' feature needs some updates. I searched and searched and searched for a thread like this, using all different wording, and going into character threads to the bottom where it lists similar threads....nothing on Sam and Daniel. Then TEN MINUTES later, I am going through 'fun and games' and there are the Sam/Daniel threads! So I apologise, this HAS been done before. Although, not particularly covering the 'sibling' aspect. So, I will keep going!
            Agreed. The only other thread I've seen for Sam and Daniel is the shipper thread, though, so this hasn't really been done before. The one in Fun and Games are just for voting for favorite moments...this can be for discussion of why we like the moments, and just for the relationship in general.

Comment

How about when she brings him cookies in the infirmary after has lost Share (again) in episode whose name I can't remember?

Comment

How about when she brings him cookies in the infirmary after has lost Share (again) in episode whose name I can't remember?
                Forever in a day.

-When she kisses him in the body of Ma'chello, telling him to hold on.
                -When Sam rubs Daniel's back coming up to him in the comissary in Chimera.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  Forever in a day.

-When she kisses him in the body of Ma'chello, telling him to hold on.
                  Wow! I guess really replaced in Sam's life!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Wow! I guess really replaced in Sam's life!
                    LOL. Joe did refer to and as like siblings on his blog.

Edited to keep it on topic: also in Message in a Bottle where Sam and Daniel complain when Jack orders them to rest before the next mission when they've been up all night trying to figure out the orb.

Comment

I love in Moebius Part 1 when Daniel hints at finding the ZPM, and Sam immediately catches on that he means time travel even though he doesn't say it. They go back and forth a little, with Jack on the edge going "What? What?"

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        Agreed. The only other thread I've seen for Sam and Daniel is the shipper thread, though, so this hasn't really been done before. The one in Fun and Games are just for voting for favorite moments...this can be for discussion of why we like the moments, and just for the relationship in general.
                        Sorry for barging in on you guys here, but as a regular at the shipper thread, I have to say this...

Anyone is welcome in the S/D Ship Thread. You don't necessarily have to ship these two (or ship them all the time, or whatever) to come and stick your head in. We welcome friendship fans as well.

I'm a S/D shipper at heart (and in fanfiction), but I really don't ship onscreen at all anymore. I just adore the friendship moments and sadly they've been really few & far between in the past 2 seasons (and Ark of Truth, from what I've heard). I'm hoping there will be some nice interaction between them in Continuum.

Not sure I'm comfortable with calling it a "sibling" relationship (maybe the fact is that I have no siblings so I can't say from experience, only those of my relatives and friends who have lousy relationships w/their siblings). But I did adore their "science twins" moments, many of which were mentioned here already - the Cold Lazarus ones, the one from Serpent's Venom, the ones in Message in a Bottle where they tried to figure out what was going on with the orb, etc.....

Anyhoo, we discuss all aspects of their relationship in the S/D thread, friendship included. So if you ever want to stop by, please know that you're always welcome to do so.

Comment

it's flashing green. green is good?
                          no
                          bad?
                          bad
                          how bad?
                          very, very bad
                          DAD!!!
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            no
                            bad?
                            bad
                            how bad?
                            very, very bad
                            DAD!!!
                            Hee hee, my favourite quote from that ep!

And thanks for the invite to your S/D thread JessM! I guess I HAVE generally stayed clear of those because to me it is bizarre to think of Sam and Daniel ship. Personally, I have four brothers and a sister and a great relationship with all of them. That's why I totally see Sam and Daniel as siblings. They remind me a lot of my family!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              no
                              bad?
                              bad
                              how bad?
                              very, very bad
                              DAD!!!
                              LOL! I had to watch that again today after being reminded of it in this thread...I love how Selmak needs Daniel and Sam on the mission in the beginning, and then Jack coughs because he wants to come along as well, and Selmak brings him along because "he's always fun". I think it's great that, for such a military show, it's the non-military aspects of people that are most needed. Sam and Daniel are rare specimens in television, a celebration of the power of knowledge over brute strength. And they're adorable.

Comment

Working...
                              X