This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about an SG-1 ep.

In the season 6 episode "Shadow Play", when Dr. Kierson(sp?) is going to talk with the resistance he hallucinates that Jonas is there and they are being followed. When Jonas starts returning fire he is clearly using a ntar(sp?). Does anyone know why he's using that particular weapon, particularly because this is a hallucination of an alien who has never encountered said weapon?
    This has just been urking me since I re-watched the episode and I was wondering if anyone had any input, suggestion or comments about it.

Thanks!

Screw up in props department maybe?
    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

I've never noticed it before. I'll try to remember next time I'm watching the episode.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Yes I noticed too. Even the first time I saw the episode and I never find out the risen why. So I would like to know why too.

Comment

It's likely that SG-1 carried Intars around a lot after they were discovered. They weren't used very often "on camera" but they were definitely available at all times, and they make great non-lethal "stun" weapons (moreso than zats, which can kill if misused). So who's to say that he never saw an Intar before? I think it's likely that he did. But anyway...don't forget that he was brain damaged by naquadria and was severely hallucinating, so who's to say what kind of delusions his brain would come up with?

Comment

I love rationalizing the, "wth?" moments in the Stargate episodes. Like, why didn't they use puddle jumpers to stealth nukes into the Ori ships, or beam/ring a Mark 9 nuke down into the middle of the supersoldier army of Annubis? etc. etc. I have caught a lot of things while watching the show, but in order to enjoy the show more, just let them pass by without mentioning. It's like that site "How It Should Have Ended". Lord of the Rings? Why didn't they just use the eagles to fly to Mordor and throw the ring in? lol. But, they are interesting questions, and it is fun to come up with ways to "explain" them away.
            Teal'C to Maybourne: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."

Insanity is said to be the act of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Typically I do leave things alone because it does make the experience more exciting, but this one just had me going "huh?". I've watched them so many times I've gotten to the point where that kind of stuff sticks out more than it used to so, I find myself questioning more than I used to, if at all.

At any rate, thanks!!!

Comment

I remember someone suggesting once that due to the fact Jonas was new and relatively inexperienced with guns he was given an intar instead of a real gun.

Comment

Well, that makes sense. Why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Working...
                  X