Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replicator Carter What Do You Like About Her ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator Carter What Do You Like About Her ?

Why i like replicator carter:
    1. i love the replicators
    2. becase she out smarted fith and her human self
    3. galatic domination
    4. she killed off the remaining system lords
    5. kidnapped daniel and used him to get his knowlege of the ancients to find weapons that could be a threat
    6. saying she wwanted to be destroyed just so she could get acces to the disruptor (very cool)

Last edited by helenmagnus23; 14 October 2007, 02:50 AM.
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

i love replicarter! amanda was great!

in my deluded mind, replicarter ascened with daniel. she'll be returned to our realm of reality, but as a human. a screwed up and ticked off human, but that'll be fun.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i love replicarter! amanda was great!

in my deluded mind, replicarter ascened with daniel. she'll be returned to our realm of reality, but as a human. a screwed up and ticked off human, but that'll be fun.

sally
      Agreed!
      In my opinion, it just shows you how well Amanda can act, because there was definately a big distinction between when she was Carter, and when she was Replicarter...
      Anyways, the other reason I liked her is because she basically was like, Hmmm okay I want to rule the galaxy... how do I do that? Play coy and take out 5th, and then kidnap Daniel... oh yes that'd be a great plan... now if I could just get the knowledge of the ancients...
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I agree about replicator carter acending along with daniel it would be cool if they brought her back evan in Atlantis just to see what would happen that would rock.

Amanda plays repilcator carter so well u can see in gemini when fith is traing her and she has to kill jack its realy hard for her but she does it please fith anyway in doing so hes made her unbeatable and she will not hesitate to kill anyone .
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

One of the best villians the show has had!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

replicarter showed, to me, just how vicious sam COULD be if she ever wanted to. Because Replicarter is just sam, but without the compassion that our sam has

and replicarter shares sam's drive with her. her dedication to achieving her goal. the bigt difference is that sam's goal has a more altruistic meaning while replicarter is 100000% dedicated to her own and her brood's own survival
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

RC was a great villian. too bad we didn't see more of her. Oh well, maybe "keep 'em wanting more" is better than overdoing a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                replicarter showed, to me, just how vicious sam COULD be if she ever wanted to. Because Replicarter is just sam, but without the compassion that our sam has

and replicarter shares sam's drive with her. her dedication to achieving her goal. the bigt difference is that sam's goal has a more altruistic meaning while replicarter is 100000% dedicated to her own and her brood's own survival
                I think that's what made Replicarter so chilling for me; she was so familiar, in more than just her looks, but at the same time so different. Sam without the heart and soul that makes her Sam.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I was thinking reacently after watching The Reckoning how easly replicator carter could get acces to Atlantis she could walk right in and no one would know she's a replicator until it was to late like on the goa'uld ship when she let herself be captured then she killed everyone on boared thats cool yet scary at the same time .
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                    I was thinking reacently after watching The Reckoning how easly replicator carter could get acces to Atlantis she could walk right in and no one would know she's a replicator until it was to late like on the goa'uld ship when she let herself be captured then she killed everyone on boared thats cool yet scary at the same time .
                    I have a feeling that if Replicarter wanted Jack she wouldn't worry too much about the regs....
                    But I think she figured out from Fifth that love makes you weak.

Comment

oh wow, how could I have missed this thread??? I love RepliCarter for so many reasons... But the main one is that Amanda played her so well.

I think she is a great villian because she could be good. Since she has Sam her memories and all, she could have been good. Cause she could have been Sam. If it weren't for the fact that she is a replicator. I mean I think that is why I believed her in Gemini in the beginning. And I also think that is why Sam believed her.
                      I mean she was created and had the same memories as Sam...so why couldn't she be good eh. I mean we have seen that fifth also was in a way good before Sam betrayed him. So why couldn't RepliCarter do the same thing?

I think that is what makes her so great. The fact that she is Sam but in an evil version. And that she knows what to do to keep evil And make sure she can survive. She also doesn't show any mercy with anyone. Not wiht Fifth, not with Sam, not with Daniel...not with the system lords...With no one

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        <snip>
                        I mean she was created and had the same memories as Sam...so why couldn't she be good eh. I mean we have seen that fifth also was in a way good before Sam betrayed him. So why couldn't RepliCarter do the same thing?
                        <snip>
                        Emphasis added by me.

Not to pick on you, RepliCartje; and I do mean that sincerely.
                        But it seems to me that people forget that Jack made Sam betray Fifth. She wanted to set the time dilation device to five minutes, and he signalled her to set it for three. And this fact bugs me all through New Order (heck, Jack didn't even say, "Gee Carter, sorry for giving you the orders that led to you being tortured by Fifth.") Gemini and Reckoning whenever Carter blames herself for Replicarter's behavior.

At the end of Gemini Jack does tell her it's not her fault. Then Carter says "But the fact is she learned betrayal from Fifth and he learned it from me." That's lame. Jack should have said "And you were following orders."

Jack never once takes responsibility for what happened, which is curiously uncharacteristic of him.

All right, tirade over.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                          Emphasis added by me.

But it seems to me that people forget that Jack made Sam betray Fifth. She wanted to set the time dilation device to five minutes, and he signalled her to set it for three. And this fact bugs me all through New Order (heck, Jack didn't even say, "Gee Carter, sorry for giving you the orders that led to you being tortured by Fifth.") Gemini and Reckoning whenever Carter blames herself for Replicarter's behavior.

At the end of Gemini Jack does tell her it's not her fault. Then Carter says "But the fact is she learned betrayal from Fifth and he learned it from me." That's lame. Jack should have said "And you were following orders."

Jack never once takes responsibility for what happened, which is curiously uncharacteristic of him.

All right, tirade over.
                          That's because Jack didn't think he made a mistake with Fifth! He was unstable and dangerous! What would have happened if they would have taken fifth with them and later Sam rejected his feelings. He'd have gone mad - see "New Order" - he was going to trap Sam forever in the dream world!

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                            Emphasis added by me.

All right, tirade over.
                            I know what you mean, but in the end Sam betrayed him, cause she followed orders. And to fifth it was Sam who betrayed her not Jack.
                            I mean in the eyes of Fifth, Sam was the one who did it all
                            I mean that is Air force, you follow orders and Jack knew that Fifth was a big risk..a very big risk... so he knew he did the right thing... so to him this isn't a fault. I think Sam has more issues with it, then Jack has. Cause he saw why it should have been that way. Sam saw herself in RepliCarter... She saw the good in it... while there never was any good in it. So she blames herself for it. For who RepliCarter is...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              One of the best villians the show has had!

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...y/bscap327.jpg
                              Most definitely. She was (IMHO) about a million times better than the Ori. I love how Amanda got into the role, she is a brilliant actress in my book. She plays evil very, very well. I just LOVE Replicarter! She rocks! Though not as much as Sam...

Comment

Working...
                              X