Asguard crystals aboard the phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    PG15, do you dare to go into the Science and Tech part of the site?

I ran from there twice already, with a face that looked like

Can't believe I didn't know all that either. So they're making most of it up?

Figures. Like men and asking for directions...

I used to visit there often, then got tired of all the crap being flinged around on one side, and the absolute atrocious fanboy-tech-isms on the other.

I wouldn't say they make it up COMPLETELY. Obviously they take stuff from the show and expand on them. But like I say, a lot of them seem to have such a sure-ness on how right they are about certain properties of fictional technology that it's really like talking to a brick wall. And then there are those who spend huge posts calculating weapons yields when it's ridiculously clear that TPTB care more for the stories, the characters, and the spectacle than spending hours making sure all the explosions are the right yield-looking, and that taking info from onscreen evidence in this fashion is pretty much useless, especially when the data from the show is seldom self-consistent.

It's an exercise in minutiae, basically.

Comment

Or they use a counsol that looks the same as the core but has a different purpose.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
        Chances are, the core was still in the 304 engine room set from AoT, and possibly Continuum, and removing it would've been just another expense. If that's the case, why bother when you can spend those $$ on something else?
        Stargate isn't a show to take shortcuts. They removed the core prop and the crystals for the Daedalus and Apollo bridge so it was obviously meant to be on the Phoenix.

Vala,

Comment

How difficult is it to write A S G A R D? It actually takes longer to write that other abomination .

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            Stargate isn't a show to take shortcuts. They removed the core prop and the crystals for the Daedalus and Apollo bridge so it was obviously meant to be on the Phoenix.

Vala,
            It seems to me that the Asgard console on the bridge would be alot easier to remove. The core looks like its been built into the set itself. I could be wrong on that one though.

OR

Maybe it was just a cost-effective way of showing the advancements between the Phoenix and the Daedy/Apollo.

I still stand by my statement that even if it was left there intentionally for story purposes rather than because it was too expensive, that even though it is the same prop, it isn't necessarily the same device.

I might ask Joe on his blog, as I'm sure if we tried hard enough we could come up with a million reasons why it was there and why it is or is not the same device.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Oh, this is rediculous. Do TPTB really expect us to believe that after one year of having the Asgard stuff, we can already reproduce the core? I mean seriously, how idiotic are they going to make the show!
              if we can upgrade the daedalus and the apollo with asgard beam weapons
              then i don't see why we can't reproduce the asgard core.

the phoenix had an asgard core which was most likely reproduced by the asgard core on the odyssey carter did say that the core was user friendly

the asgard core can re-create anything its programmed to re-create

all carter would have had to is tell the core to build another one using the info in its memory banks and it would do it

who is to say its been only one year since they got the asgard core it would have been a lot longer when jack was stranded on adora 3 months or more went by, we also don't know how much time went by between when sheppard disappeared and when the phoenix was built.

the daedalus has an asgard core of sorts hermiod's work station so why doesn't the apollo have one?

Comment

A Roman solider can be taught to use a gun. Earth with the Asgard beams.

The Asgard made the interface human friendly. So I do not see a problem with the ability to make stuff.

It is not like Carter was making Asgard tech from scratch. The Star Trek replicator and super computer does 99.99999...% of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                  A Roman solider can be taught to use a gun. Earth with the Asgard beams.

The Asgard made the interface human friendly. So I do not see a problem with the ability to make stuff.

It is not like Carter was making Asgard tech from scratch. The Star Trek replicator and super computer does 99.99999...% of the work.
                  I agree.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X