Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Angry How do I go back to Movie Maker from Movie Maker 2? Or maybe help with my problems?

Movie Maker 2 was being nice to me for FOUR vids. My last video was a pain in the ass. Movie Maker 2 decided to be slow and wonky. It's probably something wrong with the computer (it always is ).

Thought that maybe it would be alright after defragmenting the C drive, but it didn't work. Thought maybe that if I saved the project files on my D drive it would take up less memory and work faster - nope.

I'm ready to beat the crap out of this program and I was wondering if:

a) There is something I can do to make it WORK properally and NOT slowly

Or...

b) A simple way to get back to the regular movie maker without having to uninstall and reinstall windows or any crap like that.

I would like mostly to have help on A because I would like to continue to use this program.

But, if not: help on B would be nice.

Just help! Please!

Or maybe I could add in a C:

c) Anyone know of a good video converter so I can convert my episodes from WMV to MPEG so I can use them in Pinnacle Studio 9?

Default Re: How do I go back to Movie Maker from Movie Maker 2? Or maybe help with my problems?

Seems like you want to check what is running and using all your CPU cycles -
    right click on the bottom taskbar > Task Manager > Processes >
    check the CPU column to see what percent of your computer energy is going
    into various processes. do this while running moive maker.

Check to see if any processes look unfamiliar, Use spybot search and destroy, and adaware to check for unwanted software. You can find these apps by doing a simple search on the web for the names given. Run your antivirus to make sure your clean.

If all these fail, try uninstaling movie maker and re installing it. You can do this in add remove programs under windows componets on the side tab I bilieave. Reboot then go back to add remove programs windows componets and reinstall movie maker.

Default Re: How do I go back to Movie Maker from Movie Maker 2? Or maybe help with my problems?

Went through the computer for spyware and adware twice. Once normally, and once in Safe-Mode.

Closed stuff that I don't think should have been opened.

Defragmented C drive.

I looked in the Add Remove programs and it doesn't have Windows Movie Maker listed. It never has.

I had re-downloaded movie maker and installed it in hopes that maybe something was missing and it would fix it.

Still have my problems.

FieryHands suggested (in the Music Videos thread) to delete a bunch of collection files so that is what I'm doing right now.

In System Mechanic it has some thing for Defragment Memory. I'm gonna try that.

Cleaning out the old files is good idea, You may also want to consider the project size, If the file your working with is to big you may want to split it up in to smaller files, but you are just converting so the last proubally won't solve much. Also you may want to look at programs you installed after it was working fine and before it slowed down.

I deleted all the collection files I don't need at the moment and it worked a little faster. I opened up System Mechanic and ran the thing to defragment the memory.

Before it was as 320mbs not being used, and now it's at 356mbs. Probably if I closed off the internet it would be more.

366mbs free now! Getting better all the time.

Whoohoo!

I raised the level and defragmented again and now it's at...

Around 420mbs free!

Cool Re: How do I go back to Movie Maker from Movie Maker 2? Or maybe help with my problems?

Last edited by *RA; October 24th, 2004 at 06:39 PM.

Okay, resources are up, collection files are to a min, and it's working great as far as I can tell! Yay!

cool, nice work

Chief Master Sergeant FieryHands's Avatar
    I have no frelling idea! *runs in a circle screami

Congrats! Hope it stays that way for a long while.

I shall return to ask for more help if it decides not to work again!

Thanks a bunch!

Whats the specs of ur pc btw?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    Whats the specs of ur pc btw?
    Um... Well, it's got a monitor, and...

512mbs memory
    120gbs of harddrive space
    DVD/CD-ROM drive
    DVD burner
    ATI Graphic card or recorder card thingy...

I don't really know these things that much lol.

Um... I dunno what else lol.

MM1 was just a horrid program, with a lot of pain you could just about put some clips together. MM2 is much easier to use despite the fact that it makes me want to kill people whenever I use it. And of course MM is just a music vidding genius

(Sponsored by the AAFAAEAAAA (Acronyms Are Fun Association of America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Austrailasia and Antarctica) OMGWTFBBQ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    MM1 was just a horrid program, with a lot of pain you could just about put some clips together. MM2 is much easier to use despite the fact that it makes me want to kill people whenever I use it. And of course MM is just a music vidding genius

(Sponsored by the AAFAAEAAAA (Acronyms Are Fun Association of America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Austrailasia and Antarctica) OMGWTFBBQ?)
    Awww... Too nice. Do you really think that about me? Awww

I've never had any problems with the first Movie Maker. It would be very nice to me. I guess I'm part of the minority...? My Movie Maker 2 problem is fixed (thanks to people hanging around here ), but I've been busy, busy, so I've made just about no progress on the Replicator vids lol.