X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate / Sanctuary - IGN: Amanda Tapping Talks Stargate and Sanctuary

From IGN:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/861/861274p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Amanda Tapping Talks Stargate and Sanctuary

Colonel Samantha Carter, meet Dr. Helen Magnus.

by Scott Collura

March 20, 2008 - Amanda Tapping must have the biggest and best office in the SCI FI Channel building… or at least the nicest pension plan. For the Canadian actress has proven to be a huge asset to the network, anchoring not just the long-lived Stargate SG-1 series as Colonel Samantha Carter, but also jumping in as a regular cast member on that series' spin-off, Stargate: Atlantis, and now appearing in the direct-to-DVD movies that are based on the franchise as well. Additionally, she's got a new series coming to SCI FI in the fall called Sanctuary. IGN TV caught up with the actress at this week's SCI FI Channel upfront event in New York to discuss her current career path towards absolute SCI FI dominance.

"Sam Carter, after [the DVD movie] The Ark of Truth goes to Stargate: Atlantis," explains Tapping. "So for all of season 4 I was the commander of the base. And then at the beginning of season 5… I can't tell you what happens! But I'm not going to be as regular on Atlantis, so I can do my new series Sanctuary."

Sanctuary, which began as a web-only series, was recently picked up by SCI FI for a 13-episode commitment for cable broadcast. She'll be recurring on Atlantis for a time while focusing mostly on the new show.

"We shot a pilot that went on the web for eight webisodes," says the actress, who adds that production on the proper series begins next month. Tapping stars as a character named Dr. Helen Magnus in the new show.

**snippity doo-dah**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

From the last paragraph in the article:

Sanctuary begins airing in October and Stargate: The Ark of Truth is out on DVD now. Go pick up a copy -- for Amanda's sake!

(Thanks to suse for the heads up!)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X