X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sins Past (415)

Stargate: Horizon
    Sins Past

Doctor Lenori receives a surprise visit from an old acquaintance that brings back memories he'd rather not revisit.

Check it out!

Then stop back here for comments and discussion!
    Outstanding
    35.29%
    Good
    47.06%
    Fair
    5.88%
    Poor
    5.88%
    Terrible
    5.88%
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 20 March 2008, 04:23 AM.

The episode is now up.

Enjoy!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well, well... A very good episode with a strong main plot and a nice but yet sad -and I'm sure a little familiar to some of the people around here...- secondary plot.

In both plots, the character development was deep. Deeper for Lenori, indeed. The possibility of having a dark episode in his past, because of his long lifespan, was high, but I couldn't think in such a dark thing. The implications ware terrible and the comsequences, fair enough.

The descriptions of Zentaur Prime were just fine. Since this is not a novel, they worked just so good as needed. In the screen, they should be spectacular.

The secondary plot was nice, although the poor Tom had the thing all against him. When you have too many good things from a woman, man, try to seek if there are some of the bad ones before to jump into the cold water! Those are basics! Nice to hear again about Yusuf too.

So, good character-development episode and good air-timing for me
      sigpic
      ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
      - That's a lie!!!
      - Indeed it is...

Comment

This was a good episode just curious out of all of the main cast. Who Has Appeared in every episode?

Comment

Good episode
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

ah so we get to see Zenturain prime for the first time, the last time. Kinda sad really it sounded really cool.

So the perfect doctor literally had a skeleton in his closet. see what happens when you live for centuries? you need to dust out your life more often.

Overall another good episode, filled with wonder, confusion, love, and random acts of violence.

Comment

Yes. A nice episode. I really liked the dream sequence. It kind of reminded me of the Prophet vision scenes from Deep Space Nine.
              O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
              [Cut to shot of the door]
              [Cut back to O'Neill]
              O'NEILL: Any time now.
              [Cut back to door]

Comment

Nice A-Plot, ok B-Plot.

A-Plot.... Lenori at last got something to do in the foreground. Mostly he was a background character throught the whole series.
                Also, his story was told from the right perspective and we got the sense of weight of Mazari's (and Lenori's) decision.
                Learning a bit more of Lenori's (and the Zentaurans) background didn't hurt either.

Btw, Lenori's exile is a classic Fallen Hero device, I'm sure we'll be seeing Zentaur Prime again (With Lenori saving the day)

B-Plot...Poor Tom, Zach with the flu and...? Tom's part was ok, but almost no depth. Tom's growth +2 points, the rest... nothing...sorry

***1/2 out of 4 for A-plot, ** out of 4 for B-Plot, Average: *** out of 4

Comment

I'm glad to see everyone here has liked this episode so far.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  This was a good episode just curious out of all of the main cast. Who Has Appeared in every episode?
                  I could be wrong here, but I believe that Grant, Sivea and Christine are the only ones who have appeared in every single episode since the pilot so far.

Usually we'll try and get all of the regulars to appear in every episode, when possible, even if it's just in a scene or two. A good example from just recently is Lenori, who just had a brief scene in "For the People," while "Sins Past" is all about him. And while Daniel only appears in one scene in "Sins Past," next week's episode is very clearly a Daniel show.

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                    Btw, Lenori's exile is a classic Fallen Hero device, I'm sure we'll be seeing Zentaur Prime again (With Lenori saving the day)
                    We're not sure yet exactly where we'll be going with this, but it's safe to say that the Zentaurians will play a bigger role later in the series.

But definitely, Lenori isn't as much of a background character as he may have been in the past. This is the second Lenori episode this year, after "Reunited," and we've got more in store for him. Something that will involve Kayla. We haven't forgotten about her, and we certainly don't intend to leave that thread unresolved. Stay tuned.

B-Plot...Poor Tom, Zach with the flu and...? Tom's part was ok, but almost no depth. Tom's growth +2 points, the rest... nothing...sorry
                    I felt it was important to finally start addressing some of the characters' love life (which also led to the Sivea/Christine scene in "What Fear Does"). Aside from David, most of them seem to have been single ever since the series started. My guess is that'll change in the near future.

I really liked this B-plot and think it gives Tom more depth. He's becoming a more fleshed out character this year. From episodes like this one or "Robots and Flying Saucers" we know more about how he feels, what he likes, etc. And there's more in store for him as we get towards the end of the season.

Comment

I'll post this because I don't think anyone has noticed it so far. Even if this were on TV, I think not everyone would have caught onto to it. Tiny, tiny, tiny little detail, but... this is actually not the first time we hear of M'zati.

Check this out. It's the beginning of the Lenori/Christine scene way back in "Rogues."

INT. INFIRMARY – LENORI’S OFFICE

CLOSE ON some kind of strange looking, exotic plant. It’s inside a little glass box. A thermo light is shining down on it, and the plant appears to be moving. Above this we HEAR music: BEETHOVEN’S FIFTH SYMPHONY.

As the music plays gently, we can see that the plant is moving toward a small bole filled with WATER. It extends one of its branches, almost like an arm, and moves it into the water.

As this happens--

LENORI (O.S.)
                      It would appear that the Xentovian Occidentalis’ ability to evolve in an environment ten degrees Celsius above the temperature on its homeworld, is greatly influenced when functioning in correlation with an increased metabolic stimulus.

We PULL BACK to REVEAL DOCTOR LENORI. He’s wearing a white coat above his regular Horizon uniform, as he stands in front of the glass box. He’s speaking into a small RECORDER.

LENORI
                      (continuing)
                      Rather fascinating, I must say. I wouldn’t have expected her to react that strongly to such a minimal change from the last experiment cycle.

Christine ENTERS in the background. Lenori has his back turned to her, and doesn’t notice her. He slightly paces around.

LENORI
                      (continuing; getting off topic)
                      As a matter of fact, this in a way reminds me of an experiment I was lucky enough to witness only about a hundred and fifty-two years ago. Doctor M’zati, a man whom I had greatly admired at the time, was able to prove to the Zentaurian Science Council that the Re’oulian Buckeyes indeed posses something very comparable to an intelligence of their own. All he had too do, in his brilliance, was to--

At this point, Lenori suddenly spots Christine standing in the door. He stops. He seems a little caught off guard. He turns off his recorder... a beat... then--

LENORI
                      I didn’t realize you were there.

CHRISTINE
                      I hope I’m not disturbing you.

He shakes his head. Smiles.

LENORI
                      Most certainly not.

Notice something? Right after Christine walks in, and he gets off topic.

Comment

Nice to know that you don't just say random things and never actually use them...

At first I didn't know that the Doctor was an alien so that gave me a nice surprise.

I liked this Episode it was easier to fallow. So I take it that Lenori has been in contact with his home world?
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          I liked this Episode it was easier to fallow. So I take it that Lenori has been in contact with his home world?
                          I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed the episode. I hope you'll keep following the series. I'm really curious to see what you think.

And yes, Lenori has been in contact with his homeworld every now and then. We've never seen that on screen, but it's safe to say that he's been in contact with some people there on occasion. This episode is the first time in a couple of years that he actually visited Zentaur Prime, though.

Comment

Another good episode from the Horizon team. I think my enjoyment factors greatly depends on the mood I am in.
                            Kudos to the writers though.
                            The Lenori thing. It was indeed highly surprising character episode for him. We got to find out I think in this one episode about him, more than in any other episode. To me, Lenori has always been the shadow, the dark horse. We have not really found out much about him in the past. And I felt I knew even Christine more. Especially after this season. I do not know if I missed something but he seemed like he was teetering whether or not he was going to tell. One moment, he seemed like he was going to tell, then the next he seemed like he was going to cover it up. Which surprised me about his reaction to Christine, and that he said he was absoloutly not going to come forward unless he was cornered. The judge scene was also interesting, and I knew that he was going to get exiled with increasing certainty after the judge indicated to Lenori the need of not telling the people.
                            What I really liked about the story though is it had a definate B plot. And one that I could sympathise with, I loved Tom, and his reactions throghout the episode. Considering I am going through the same thing at the moment, I know exactly how he feels. I just hope mine does not end that way. Which reminds me. I loved Zach's reaction. A 'dating strike;I found that to be one of the best suggestions from him in a while. And has really warmed me up to the character. Sorry that it turned out the way it did for Tom.
                            Emotionally, I was really involved. From Shock, anger, surprise, and saddened over Lenori. To sympathizing, and emphasising with Tom
                            I look forward to continuing my catch up Tommorow, with "Extreme measures"

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                              The Lenori thing. It was indeed highly surprising character episode for him. We got to find out I think in this one episode about him, more than in any other episode. To me, Lenori has always been the shadow, the dark horse. We have not really found out much about him in the past.
                              We always kept his background intentionally mysterious. You'll find there's tons of little hints here and there. For example, back in "The Devil To Pay" he was talking about having served in the Zentaurian military about 176 years ago. Then in "Temple of Secrets" we found out that he was an archeologist for a while. And then, of course, there was "Contagion" in Season One that revealed a great deal about his past, mainly in regards to the Tok'ra.

But we've never known too much about his backstory with the Zentaurians. And we wanted to give his character a darker edge, and come up with something very, very dark in his past. That's how this episode came about.

And I felt I knew even Christine more.
                              I think we actually know a lot about Christine, especially with all the episodes focusing on her this season. And there's more in store for her, especially in that big untitled episode towards the end of the season.

I do not know if I missed something but he seemed like he was teetering whether or not he was going to tell. One moment, he seemed like he was going to tell, then the next he seemed like he was going to cover it up. Which surprised me about his reaction to Christine, and that he said he was absoloutly not going to come forward unless he was cornered.
                              That was the intention; we wanted to keep it somewhat unclear. When he first went to his planet, he was planning to turn himself in. But then Yienera talked him out of it, and for the most part he wasn't sure what he was going to do. In the end, he says that he would have covered it up. But would he have really done that? We'll never know for sure.

What I really liked about the story though is it had a definate B plot. And one that I could sympathise with, I loved Tom, and his reactions throghout the episode.
                              I think it's things like this that just make characters feels just like real people. It's very human. And this season that's definitely been the focus, to just make it more about the characters. It may just be a b-plot, but it adds a great deal to Tom as a person.

Considering I am going through the same thing at the moment, I know exactly how he feels. I just hope mine does not end that way.
                              I certainly hope that all works out well for you.

Which reminds me. I loved Zach's reaction. A 'dating strike;I found that to be one of the best suggestions from him in a while. And has really warmed me up to the character.
                              I'm glad to hear that. Deep down Zach's a good guy, once you get to know him. I think more people should give him a chance. I personally love his character, because of the fact that he's not exactly the kind of character you'd expect to see on a Stargate show. The same goes for Jerry, who will be back in "Story of the Century," by the way.

Emotionally, I was really involved. From Shock, anger, surprise, and saddened over Lenori. To sympathizing, and emphasising with Tom
                              Thanks a lot. That really means a great deal to hear that. I was very happy with this episode myself, so I'm glad to see that people are liking it.

Comment

Working...
                              X