What happened to the ships? AoT spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
    we just freed them... arent we entitled to at least 1 as a gift?... or at least a fruit basket?..
    It wouldn't be much of a gift if we considered ourselves entitled to it.

Comment

I no this is a old thread...

SGC got all 7 of the ships in what was in Earth's solar system.. but ripping one apart there learned how to change the Ori activation gene to the Ancient technology activation gene so learned its secrets. But with the Milky-way galaxy now in peace, 6 Ori ships were given to Atlantis which there used to destroy the wraith with.. the Ori ships were too powerful for the Hives to handle so after a few months of Ori ships kicking arse, The wraith had no choose but to take Beckett's retrovirus.. The Pegasus galaxy was now back in peace for the first time in over 10000 years....

Had a long time to think about that lol

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyC View Post
        I no this is a old thread...

SGC got all 7 of the ships in what was in Earth's solar system.. but ripping one apart there learned how to change the Ori activation gene to the Ancient technology activation gene so learned its secrets. But with the Milky-way galaxy now in peace, 6 Ori ships were given to Atlantis which there used to destroy the wraith with.. the Ori ships were too powerful for the Hives to handle so after a few months of Ori ships kicking arse, The wraith had no choose but to take Beckett's retrovirus.. The Pegasus galaxy was now back in peace for the first time in over 10000 years....

Had a long time to think about that lol
        That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Wow, an old thread i completely missed, but someone else resurrected...

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          There's no way of knowing yet, but I expect they'll just head for home through the supergate...
          I feel that this was the most likely explanation. Even one toilet bowl would create havoc to be left to our devices after all with all the other tech at our disposal..

Originally posted by TheShipper View Post
          Not nessesarily! The ancients were on the same level as the Ori were and they were defeated by the Wraith!

But i do agree with the excuse bit. i doubt we'll see the Ori again, well their followers again. What do we call them now? mmm
          While i do feel 2-3 hives would be neutered by one toilet bowl, 5+ hives should be sufficient with the firepower we have seen them bring to bear to take one down..

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong...but if the Priors are now powerless since Adria was snuffed out...how would they fly back through the super gate? Ummm...wouldn't the batteries be dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong...but if the Priors are now powerless since Adria was snuffed out...how would they fly back through the super gate? Ummm...wouldn't the batteries be dead?
              The priors more than likely used their telekinetic power to fly the ships. Remember their cousins to the Ancients and the puddle jumpers reacted to one's thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
                My guess is Mallozzi was relating an early idea about how Ori ships were powered and that this explanation was no longer applicable due to how other writers chose to condense the Ori arc in the wake of Sg-1's cancellation.

"The Shroud" (Season 10, Episode 14) had the main characters offer up the possibility that the Ori's followers were continuing to try to spread origin because they had no way of knowing if the Ori were dead or testing them by going "radio silent," but it also made a point to have them note that they had no way of knowing whether the Sangreal actually worked.

"Dominion" (Season 10, Episode 19) was written after the cancellation announcement, but the uncertainty about the fates of the Ori remained. According to Adria, the Ori were still alive...

ADRIA: I'm afraid not. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Mother, but your attempt to destroy the Ori was unsuccessful.
                VALA: Am I supposed to take your word for that?
                ADRIA: I've been personally supervising the construction of dozens of ships. Now that our intergalactic gate is operational again, there's nothing to stop them from coming here. We should have the entire galaxy converted in a matter of months.
                VALA: Just because you've been building ships, doesn't prove anything.

ADRIA: (to Ba'al) If you intend to kill me, you should know the Ori will not halt their attacks on this galaxy.​

But Ba'al claimed that he knew the Ori were dead after taking Adria as a host...

BA'AL: For one thing, I can confirm the Ori are dead… And that's just the beginning. With my knowledge and your…pluckiness, we can accomplish a great deal. Remember how we worked together to locate the Sangreal?

​Meanwhile, Daniel didn't trust Ba'al and told Landry at the end of the episode that he wasn't sure if Adria joined the Ori or inherited all of their power by ascending...

BA'AL: What about our arrangement?
                DANIEL: Oh, you mean the part where you string us along until you overcome the effects of the anti-Prior device? We'll pass.

DANIEL: And once Adria realized she couldn't save herself, she had no choice but to ascend.
                LANDRY: What do you suppose this means for us?

DANIEL: To be honest, I'm not sure. If the Ori are still out there, then presumably she's joined the fight. But if Ba'al is telling the truth and the Ori are dead, then she just assumed all the power they once had.​

"The Ark of Truth" revealed that the latter was the case, but it may have done so only because having Adria as the last remaining Ori made it easy to wrap up the ascended Ori threat once and for all within the confines of a single movie. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper made the two Sg-1 movies without the involvement of Joseph Mallozzi and rest of the Sg-1 and Atlantis writers, so if there was a discussion that "The Ark of Truth" negated the original concept for how Ori ships were powered, it would have been between Wright and Cooper.

Since Mallozzi was out of the writers room loop when "The Ark of Truth" was made and wouldn't have asked Wright and Cooper about a problem he didn't notice, it's not unreasonable that he wouldn't know if Wright and Cooper agreed that it was no longer possible for Ori ships to be powered by the Ori themselves and either decided to not bother coming up with a different explanation or never had an opportunity to insert their alternate explanation into dialogue since they never had a chance to explore what happened to the Ori followers after the movie. (Mallozzi regularly admits that he doesn't know what Wright, Cooper, and other Stargate writers had in mind when answering certain questions and tells people to direct their questions to whichever writer would know.)
                Last edited by Xaeden; 05 April 2024, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X