This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

That could be a fantastic arc, especially if one of the Aliens were somehow attached to it's Human captors.
    But aren't xenomorphs born with the prime instinct to kill? How could we do it so that it overlooked the scientist?

Imagine having a huge colony of people with at least one full size city on a colonized world. If you discovered that there were some nasty aliens, would you just pack up and leave, abandoning all that hard work? Throughout history, people have fought to keep their colonies regardless of how dangerous the landscape was.
    It depends entirely on what exactly they were working on and if the things on the planet and worth risking lives for.

Well, the outpost could be built... and then Aliens could be found.
    I don't think that would work unless the aliens had been hibernating or something...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i'd watch it, in fact i really want to, you should write it as a fanfic, please

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
        My brother and I have ideas for what an Alien tv series would be like, following a story over a period of just three seasons. The premise would be that Earth has become mostly a barren wasteland in the far future as an alien infestation occurred (no one knows how) at some point near to the end of the 21st century.

The first season follows the story of a walled city inhabited by about a thousand survivors who, just like Land of the Dead, keep all sides of their city defended by machine guns at each side as various stray facehuggers and xenomorphs which happen to approach over the surrounding wasteland. The main story follows a group of 'soldiers' (more or less just people who are handy with a gun) who have to venture out to the abandoned towns and cities for supplies, whilst keeping the aliens at bay and trying to survive for a season.

The end of the season shows that the city has been breached, as the power begins to go down all over the city and a horde of aliens (noticing what has happened) make a run for the place over the wasteland (and in the tunnels beneath). As one of the characters is sent downstairs to turn the generator back on, he finds it sabotaged and hears a noise from behind - as he pulls out his gun he is shot by a large blue beam from behind and the screen goes black. We hear the slowly tongue-vibrating sound of a predator just before the credits roll and the first season ends.

The 2nd season would start a few days before the end of the first season, with the predators coming into orbit around earth (discovering how brutal the planet is and how many aliens there are). They see it as a newer, harder hunting ground - infiltrating the last major cities whilst hunting down various aliens and humans. There would of course be main characters and different story arcs through the entire series but its just a very basic idea to start with.

We were thinking of (inspired by the comic books) to try and somehow incorporate Skynet and the Terminators into it by the beginning of season 3, but that would be a problem since there is already a Terminator series.

Thoughts?
        you jsut want the ultimate x-over show don't you, ooh i know, lets have robo-cop defending the city aswell

for a start, it doesn't follow any canon i've ever heard, earth doesn't become a wasteland until much later than the end of C21,

if anything, i'd rather have something LIKE skynet but not actually skynet, also, you should have the space jockeys included somewhere too.

also look up

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/
        http://alienexperience.com/
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          for a start, it doesn't follow any canon i've ever heard, earth doesn't become a wasteland until much later than the end of C21
          Does it have to? I think this idea is awesome. I'd love to see an alien perspective. It would remind me of The Conqueror's Saga.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Does it have to? I think this idea is awesome. I'd love to see an alien perspective. It would remind me of The Conqueror's Saga.
            it doesn't have to no, but why create new canon, when you can link it in with the end of ressurection, and stay within canon, to the same effect?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jesserella View Post
              i'd watch it, in fact i really want to, you should write it as a fanfic, please
              Thanks Jess I'd love to write a basic draft once I get my new laptop next week.
              you jsut want the ultimate x-over show don't you, ooh i know, lets have robo-cop defending the city aswell

for a start, it doesn't follow any canon i've ever heard, earth doesn't become a wasteland until much later than the end of C21,

if anything, i'd rather have something LIKE skynet but not actually skynet, also, you should have the space jockeys included somewhere too.

also look up

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/
              http://alienexperience.com/
              Thanks for the links, but no - I don't want the ultimate crossover show. It wasn't my intention to come across as trying to get every iconic super-'thing' in this. I just want to 1) Make an AvP that isn't lousy (like the two feature films, god bless 'em) and 2) Just make a series which is different to every other series out there, something which gets familiar figues yet shows a whole new aspect to what they actually are.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              I have thought more over those ideas, about having an episode or various episodes set around the Aliens and/or Predators. Taking the war, or battle, from their unique viewpoints and perhaps picking up on parts of the series we only noticed in the background in the previous episodes - and showing them all to be much, much more.
              it doesn't have to no, but why create new canon, when you can link it in with the end of ressurection, and stay within canon, to the same effect?
              My thoughts too. I think that having the series set after Alien Resurrection is probably to most favourable option, and one which would appeal most to the fans. I think that the series should never directly assess how the Aliens (or Xenomorphs) became Earth's dominant species (although we can conclude from A:R that some of them were aboard Clone-Ripley's ship, or some eggs or something). I prefer the mystery and it would create lots of speculation amongst the show's fans (much like how the Stargate writers handled the Furlings).

As Alien Resurrection suggested, Earth has becomes a 'sh!thole' of some sort, so perhaps the planet was a wasteland long before the xenomorphs arrived (which could be connected later on to the Terminator's and Skynet being responsible, but I'm still balancing my thoughts on whether or not to involve the Terminators or not, but it would be nice since there is a series of comics featuring all three killing machines).

I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
              X