This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Reckoning' to be Baal's Swan Song?

Sources have informed me Cliff Simon will NOT be appearing in "Moebius," the season (or series) finale of Stargate SG-1, which likely means "Reckoning" will be Baal's final bow if the series does not continue into a ninth year.

Everyone has been saying how several of the shows at the end of the year, including "Reckoning," would be perfect finales for the show. This will evidently be Baal's biggest bounce yet.

Do NOT read if you don't want to be spoiled for one of the final outcomes of "Reckoning."
    Spoiler:
    But don't think for a minute we'll lose our favorite Baal in "Reckoning." He makes it out alive - barely.

Spoiler:
    Glad to hear Baal doesn't die, he's always been one of my favorite bad guys. They must want to keep him around for a possible season 9 (I'm not holding my breath on that one) or for a movie.
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Spoiler:
      Yeah, you can't throw away something that good so fast

Comment

Originally posted by David
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, you can't throw away something that good so fast
        Spoiler:
        Well, indeed, how can he die anyawy, if he's energy?
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Baal, not Anubis

Comment

If this is indeed Baal's end, I hope they give him a good death since he is such a great villain.

Comment

I havent read the spoilers.. but going on what David has said about him not appearing in Moebius (how on earth do you pronounce that anyway?? coz the german word has the umlouts - ie.little dots above the 'o') does it necessarily mean he'll be killed off?? I've read some comments about the final and it's supposedly a
              Spoiler:
              time-travel ep

doesn't that mean Ba'al wouldn't be in it anyway?

or by not reading the spoilers - have I missed something..
              sigh.. i dont think i want to know.
              i hate speculating. but its nice when I do and it turns out to be correct. yay me.

sorry, i'll stop rambling now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                If this is indeed Baal's end, I hope they give him a good death since he is such a great villain.
                Spoiler:
                He will actually survive according to david.
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I think Vyse is wanting to stay spoiler-free. Nothing wrong with that, but someone may slip ... Wording is everything.

Comment

I think Vyse is wanting to stay spoiler-free. Nothing wrong with that, but someone may slip ... Wording is everything.
                    Exactly, lol

Comment

I always thought it was moe-bee-us.

I'm trying to stay spoiler-free, too. For the moment. Curiosity will likely overwhelm me, though, and I'll just HAVE to look.

I hope that whatever happens, TPTB do justice to the character of Baal. They don't have a very good track record of late of devising good endings and strong character development points (at least not IMO), so hopefully they'll manage to break the mold with Baal. Personally, I think he's a far more effective and menacing enemy than Anubis ever was and I hope he remains so right to the end.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Glad to hear Ba'al's not gonna die.

I love Ba'al! He's a great bad guy. Loved him since Summit and Last Stand, and even more after Abyss!

I would hate to see Ba'al go.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Personally, I think he's a far more effective and menacing enemy than Anubis ever was and I hope he remains so right to the end.
                          I agree. Anubis was a complete cliche bad guy, Baal is really cool and menacing.

Comment

In my last conversation with Cliff he stated he was very pleased that his character was given such a great deal of development in "Reckoning." He says he really found a way to find Baal's humanity.

Comment

In my last confersation with Cliff he stated he was very pleased that his character was given such a great deal of development in "Reckoning." He says he really found a way to find Baal's humanity.
                              Humanity huh, that's interesting. Just hope it doesn't end up ruining Baal. Glad to hear he's getting alot of development.

Comment

Working...
                              X