Independence day vs SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence day vs SGC

another vs thread, i know, but this one i hope will be kinda fun. i was watching the movie Independence day this morning, starring will smith, and i got to thinking, how would the SGC fair against those aliens. any thoughts, or scenarios etc?

i reckon if they had the deadulas n apollo with asgard beams thay mite win, or a few ori warship
    im gonna say my name by smilies

i am
    (leuitenant)
    (colonel)
    (john)
    (emmagan)

i am lt colonel john emmagan

how cool am i

Comment

Originally posted by mrbob View Post
      i reckon if they had the deadulas n apollo with asgard beams thay mite win, or a few ori warship
      Or they could just use their drones?
      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

with the tech we have post-unending, we would certainly put up a fight.

send the replicators to attack?

Comment

That thing was nothing but an oversized regular Hatak. And all they tried was fire a nuke and a few missiles at it.

Comment

I think that post uneding the alleins would have gotten the crap kicked out of them. The Oddisey, Apollo and Daedulus would have taken out thoes ships. And if that didnt work the drones need a good work out.
            sigpic

Comment

be an interesting way to reveal the stargate program

Comment

earth could always say that a spy gruop has learned that the aliens are here to pick up something that resembles a metal ring and that they kill humans and earth all of sudden found it and knows how to use hidden technology found in this place
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                  be an interesting way to reveal the stargate program
                  What reveal? It was on Independence Day, the government could just say it was an Air/Fireworks Show
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    What reveal? It was on Independence Day, the government could just say it was an Air/Fireworks Show
                    i go for the giant balloon that looks like a alien ship idea
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I was right all along. According to this thread, Independence Day was orignally titled StarGate 3.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24261

So i was right about the Hatak connection, man, i get tired of being right all the time.

Comment

Those ships 10km, Hives=11km.

3 hit Asgard beams = destroyed Hives.

the 304's would own those sucka's. just needs sufficient 304s. asgard beams would shred them. only weapon we saw on the motherships were good for planetary targets.

600km ship orbiting earth? no shields on the *****a. all over. mark 9s.

Comment

it certainly seems that the favor is in the hands of the SGC

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                            another vs thread, i know, but this one i hope will be kinda fun. i was watching the movie Independence day this morning, starring will smith, and i got to thinking, how would the SGC fair against those aliens. any thoughts, or scenarios etc?
                            Scenario is that we don't even need to wait for the 4th of july to win.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Ok, I cant verify that the city attack ships were 10 km across but even if so they are circular. That is a hell of alot of mass. Not to mention the size of the mothership or the amount of fighters which both carried en-mass those fighters seem like they'd wipe the floor with our 302s.
                              I am a SG1 fan and a SGA fan but this earth pwns everything crap has to stop. SERIOUSLY.
                              Jack O'Neill The Goa'uld are coming, Senator!
                              Senator Kinsey: Then I think they'll be sorry that they took on the US Army!
                              Daniel: [sarcastically] Right. We'll just upload a virus into their mothership.

Comment

Working...
                              X