X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
    happy asgard day everyone
    ... And a happy new year!
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

HaPpY AsGaRd DaY eVeRy OnE !

Comment

HAPPY ASGARD DAY.... it has been for 3 hours here
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Happy Asgard Day
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

We need to make Asgard day a bank holiday...maybe if we make it into a religion we can...now that's a plan!

Comment

happy asgard day!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                ok
                so

March 14 is traditionally celebrated as Pi Day by mathematicians, math teachers and math classes... since Pi is approx 3.14

In the episode of SG-1, Thor's Chariot, where Daniel met the Asgard for the first time, he deemed himself worthy by, in effect, representing Pi on the wall...

on the wall with the shapes, Daniel drew a radius in the circle...

Pi = Circumference / diameter
                Pi = Circumference / (2xRadius)

Pi is one of the most important and significant numbers in mathematics... so much so that its calculation spread across every major civilization of Antiquity from Egypt to Babylon to India to the Hebrews to Archimedes in Ancient Greece...

And since Daniel drew the radius inside the circle, he was in effect visually representing Pi
                Since the circumference was already shown, by adding the radius, he depicted the number Pi as a relation of the circumference and radius of a circle...
                As Carter said: "Pi is the formula for finding the circumference of a circle by measuring the radius."
                technically, Pi is not a formula, but a mathematical constant as already stated above.

and if I am not mistaken, regarding the runes on the wall, Daniel translated them as 3 14 15 and 9 or 3.14159

Ergo, I do declare, that hereforth March 14 shall be celebrated by all Gateheads as Asgard Day...
                Reading your post, I just realized a plot-hole. Why would the Asgard use a base 10 number sytem? In another system, Pi would still be Pi, but the digits wouldn't be the same, and Daniel wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                  Reading your post, I just realized a plot-hole. Why would the Asgard use a base 10 number sytem? In another system, Pi would still be Pi, but the digits wouldn't be the same, and Daniel wouldn't have been able to figure it out.
                  they use a base 10 system for the same reason that the Goa'uld, Nox, Tollans, Aschen, Asgard, Ancients, Ori, Alterans, Priors, Jaffa, MWHumanReplicators, Wraith, Athosians, Satedans, Asurans, and various Clones all speak English...

or, to take a seirous look at the situation: perhaps the people who lived on that planet developed a base-10 counting system of their own accord, and thus the Asgard set up a base 10 test when they discovered that their "children" were using base 10 math...

one a base system for math is generally accepted across the populous, it will be near impossible to change it.... unless there is a legitimate flaw with the system...

so there would be no logical point in the asgard influencing their "children" to change from a base 10 counting system once it has been thoroughly established across the civilization...

and with the Asgard being incredibly hyper-intelligent, it would be much easier for them to do conversions to whatever base system they use, instead of making their under-evolved children do it, which could prove problematic... whereas the asgard can probably do it in a micro-second...

Comment

I put the March 14th thing in my sig, when I get home from work I'll whip up a little banner type thing...if I get the time.

Comment

Happy Asgard Day.
                      sigpic

Comment

don't forget, tomorrow, March 15, is Asgard Day too...

Pi = 3.1415.........

:-)

Asgard Day is now a 2-day event!

Comment

Happy Asgard Days!

It's an Asgard Festival!

Oooh, but aren't we supposed to beware the Ides of March (March 15)?!

Maybe we have a Good Asgard Day and a Bad Asgard Day?

Or is March 15 Replicator Day?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

I'm gonna keep things simple: HAPPY ASGARD DAYS!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                            Happy Asgard Days!

It's an Asgard Festival!

Oooh, but aren't we supposed to beware the Ides of March (March 15)?!

Maybe we have a Good Asgard Day and a Bad Asgard Day?

Or is March 15 Replicator Day?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

I'm gonna keep things simple: HAPPY ASGARD DAYS!
                            Spoiler:
                            Zap branigan- Kiff we have a cunundrum.

HAPPY ASGARD DAYS
                            Last edited by FN-P90; 14 March 2008, 05:22 PM.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Happy Asgard Day!!!!

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Happy Asgard Day(s) Everyone !

Comment

Working...
                                X