Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the information!

Originally posted by phoenixblue7500
    She is a archeologist, too so I could imagine an episode where she makes a very dangerous discovery and SG 1 must step in and save her (and earth) from that what she found. That would give Daniel a chance to be for some time an archeologist again (something I miss in the newer episodes very much).
    Wow, that sounds like a great plot bunny! Why don't you write a fanfiction using this idea? I'd love to read it, especially if you'd include at least some wee Daniel/Sha're referinces...

So if you ever post a story with this theme, definitely let me know!

Comment

And now back to Lisa Michelle's original questions...

Originally posted by LMichelle
      4. Will Daniel ever forgive himself for what happened to Sha're?
      No.

Daniel, being what he is (at least how I saw him the last time - in "Abyss"), blames himself because he's an idealist and he thinks that he's also to blam if the world is not perfect. And we have to admit that many things are soooooo wrong in Daniel's world... And this includes the transformation he goes through in the late seasons.

(I'm marking the next paragraph as spoilers because there may be people who haven't seen season 5 yet...)

In "Meridian"
      Spoiler:
      he consideres himself unworthy of ascension and thinks his whole life had been wrong. He couldn't make a difference, he says, he couldn't save her.
      So you see, a great part of the feeing of failure he feels is due to her death, even if at the time two years had already passed since her death.

And now... I like to think that he still loves her, and this implys feeling guilty.

However, as somebody said earlier in this thread, I think that, despite the blame, now he's able to remember the good time. He's reacher the point where memories no longer hurt that much - he knows he was given the chance to live a great love story that few people find, and finds comfort in beautiful memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Jassmine de Blanc
        I like to think that, even after all those years, Daniel still loves Sha're. For me, it's OTP!
        I'm a Daniel/Janet shipper, but I think one reason why I never wanted it to go any farther than the little ways the actors chose to play up the chemistry (ways that didn't have to be read in a shippy manner) was that part of me does think that Sha're is the only woman Daniel can ever feel that way about. And, I don't mean in a "poor Daniel will never have love again" but that their relationship was so satisfactory that anything else would be settling for second best. I'm not exactly sure why I feel that way. Maybe because it fits with the whole tragic love story aspect of their relationship. I mean, mostly in the classic romances when one half of the pair dies, the other dies, too. Which wouldn't work for a long term character (well, not permanently ) but eternal fidelity to her memory would be a pretty good compromise.

I'm not sure if that view would be the same if they had shown them together, shown Sha're getting mad at Daniel for tracking dust into their tent, or Daniel having a bad day and being impatient with her. Probably my views would be a bit different.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          I'm not sure if that view would be the same if they had shown them together, shown Sha're getting mad at Daniel for tracking dust into their tent, or Daniel having a bad day and being impatient with her. Probably my views would be a bit different.
          Hm, that's a good point. I thought about it too, and I must agree. But on the other hand, at least in my sick shipper's imagination, their relationship would never get that... prosaical.

I mean, they loved each other so much, they were so fit together, Sha're was so good at understanding him (yes, I said it before and I'm not ashamed to say it again and again: IMHO, her ability to understand him was what made their relationship work perfectly) and they were both great characters, so their marriage would have to be an idyllical one!

In fact there are beautiful AU fics that show it...

And I feel that, had she lived, Daniel's life would have been a lot better, not only that he would have been satisfied in his love life, but also in his career. I'm slighty dissapointed by Daniel's transformation to a soldier, and I think Sha're wouldn't have left him change. She had fallen for the Scholar-Daniel, and I think she would have fighed for the man he used to be!

Finally, I like to imagine that Sha're alive would have never damage Daniel's relationship with SG1; on the contrary, the team would only have had to gain if Daniel had been happy...

At least that's my oppinion - Stargate SG1 would have been more enjoyable with Sha're!

What do you all think?

Comment

Thanks for the information!

Wow, that sounds like a great plot bunny! Why don't you write a fanfiction using this idea? I'd love to read it, especially if you'd include at least some wee Daniel/Sha're referinces...

So if you ever post a story with this theme, definitely let me know!
            I love reading fanfiction. But in writing it I´m not so good. I have written (over a year ago) a short story which dealt with the time between season 7 and 8 but never thought about showing it someone.
            But who knows, maybe I will someday really try it and turn this idea in a story (And I promise I would than include Daniel/Sharee referencies...it is still after all my favourite Stargate ship.)
            But for the moment I´m a bit too sad about the season 10 spoilers for writing a story.

Comment

*brushes cobwebs off thread*

Where'd everybody go?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Wow, now this is an abandoned thread! But I'm here again and I'm determined not to let it die!

So, the last question Lisa Michelle originally posted (God, it took me long to answer them all!)

Originally posted by LMichelle
                5. Did finding Shifu help Daniel to find closure after Sha're's death or just open up old wounds?
                Hm... in a way, it was a painfull experience of course, but I'm sure it was what Daniel needed - to learn that there's still something out there linking him to Sha're (besides his memories and the love I stubbornly claim he still feels). In fact, I'm planning to write a missing scene for the episode - I'm sure there was much more said between him and the boy...

So, anyone else wanna resurrect this thread?

Comment

Wow, now this is an abandoned thread! But I'm here again and I'm determined not to let it die!

So, the last question Lisa Michelle originally posted (God, it took me long to answer them all!)

Hm... in a way, it was a painfull experience of course, but I'm sure it was what Daniel needed - to learn that there's still something out there linking him to Sha're (besides his memories and the love I stubbornly claim he still feels). In fact, I'm planning to write a missing scene for the episode - I'm sure there was much more said between him and the boy...

So, anyone else wanna resurrect this thread?
                  I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                    I'm still here!
                    Great! *hugs*

Oh, by the way, sorry for not reading and reviewing your John/Teyla fanfiction, but my time is extremely, extremely limited and I can't afford to get stuck in another ship.... Sorry.

But get back to writing Daniel/Sha'uri and you'll sure have me as a reader!

And do I have to say I love the choice of your avatar?

Comment

Oh, by the way, sorry for not reading and reviewing your John/Teyla fanfiction, but my time is extremely, extremely limited and I can't afford to get stuck in another ship.... Sorry.
                      Oh, trust me, know how that is – and I don't expect everyone to read it. I usually don't read Sam/Jack, so I can't reasonably expect everyone to read John/Teyla.

But get back to writing Daniel/Sha'uri and you'll sure have me as a reader!
                      I write as the plot bunny hops – if I get an idea, I'll post it here!

And do I have to say I love the choice of your avatar?
                      Thanks – it's just one of GW's. I like it too much to get a custom av, even though I do have enough posts.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard

I write as the plot bunny hops – if I get an idea, I'll post it here.
                        I have a whole flock (is that the right word to use here? anyway...) of plot bunnies hoping in my head, I just don't have the time and power to write them all... Let me know if you want to adopt! (I even posted a dozen of plot bunnys/challenges on HRA, so who wants to have a look...)

Comment

Funny--there are many Daniel ship threads but no thread for Daniel and Sha're. So, I will start one.

This is a thread for those of us who would have liked to have seen Sha're (Daniel's wife) actually been in the series and play a major role.

She played well in the movie and was a major cast player. (forgive me--I can't remember movie name)

I was saddened that they killed off Sha're so fast in the series and never continued the relationship between Daniel and his wife. Personally, I think they should have bring Sha're into the SGC instead of being killed after she was taken by the Goa'uld.

I also think Skaara should have played a major role in the series as well.

Discuss.....
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Hi all, I started a game at the game threads that you might be interested in post 1 to 3 daniel shipping pictures per day to vote http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=8495114

Comment

Hi all! Dragging this thread from obscurity.

As much as I love Daniel/Vala (And I do), I loved Daniel/Sha're and I just realized that with this new reboot of the original movie, we get to have Daniel/Sha're back! Yay!
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                              X