X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1: Ark of Truth - UGO: Michael Shanks Interview

From UGO:

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/...00&sectionId=2

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

STARGATE: ARK OF TRUTH

Michael Shanks, Stargate: Ark of Truth Interview

by Brooke Tarnoff

We had a chance to chat with Michael Shanks recently - you probably know him as Daniel Jackson of the long-running Stargate series SG-1. A more affable guy you'll never meet - he gives us the lowdown on the new DVD Ark of Truth, the future of Daniel Johnson in the world of Stargate, and Hollywood cougars.

**snippage**

UGO: Let's! When the series wrapped, it was a little jarring for fans, with so much left hanging. How did you experience that? Did you know there was going to be a movie when it ended?

MICHAEL: There had been talk around the time of the cancellation. It wasn't something that was common knowledge in the press or being talked about on a media level, but there had been talk behind the scenes from the producers about what was going to be involved with the show when it ended in any case - if it ended after season 11, there was talk of whether they'd want to continue with movies. Brad Wright, for years, has been trying to plead, beg borrow and steal any way to do a Stargate feature through MGM - obviously that's the way the franchise started. There had been numerous plans along the way - the idea of Atlantis was supposed to be... the idea of the lost city at the end of season seven was to be a script for a feature film...."

**snippage**

UGO: If you had your druthers, would you stick with the world of sci-fi?

MICHAEL: I think sci-fi's a wonderful medium. I've had to read for several parts and come very close to several parts I'd have loved to get - there are certain parts that I read for that I don't really care if I get them or not - but other parts I read for and I go, "why are you so jazzed about this?" It's basically sci-fi stuff. I read for and came really close to getting Brian Austin Green's part on Sarah Connor Chronicles. I went, "I really want this part."

**snippage**
    Last edited by morjana; 13 March 2008, 04:17 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X