Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

I am sure most of you noticed that i am new to the forum and for the record I have never felt the need to make an account and post anything until I saw the amount of hate for not only The Ark of Truth but also the hate and accusations of laziness for the writers and producers and although i believe that everyone has a right to there own opinion i feel the need to ask the question: "if you hate the writers and producers then why watch the show?"
    After watching the special features I see only every member of the cast and crew giving there all for something they all cared about.

I also just want to say that i feel that The Arc of Truth was a well done movie especially for people who are used to making a tv show rather then a movie. I thought the replicators was a cool addition to the story! i felt that it was something that the IOA would do to get rid of a threat like the Ori.

Hope i am not alone in my thoughts here but if i am that okay too.
    -O'

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
    I am sure most of you noticed that i am new to the forum and for the record I have never felt the need to make an account and post anything until I saw the amount of hate for not only The Ark of Truth but also the hate and accusations of laziness for the writers and producers and although i believe that everyone has a right to there own opinion i feel the need to ask the question: "if you hate the writers and producers then why watch the show?"
    After watching the special features I see only every member of the cast and crew giving there all for something they all cared about.

I also just want to say that i feel that The Arc of Truth was a well done movie especially for people who are used to making a tv show rather then a movie. I thought the replicators was a cool addition to the story! i felt that it was something that the IOA would do to get rid of a threat like the Ori.

Hope i am not alone in my thoughts here but if i am that okay too.
    -O'

Don't worry. There are plenty of people who liked it as well. Me among them.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Me too. Its just like any Stargate episode. Their are some people who hate and some who like it
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked the transition from an episode to a movie. The first couple of scenes looked a bit small, but as the movie went on it did feel like a feature. I enjoyed the IOA sub plot as much as the main plot. Seeing the Oddy was like Enterprise on the first star trek movie.
        My favs:

Comment

Personally, I loved AOT. Yeah, it would have been great to have seen more of certain things and people, but, that is how it goes. Overall, it really tied things up nicely.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It is really nice to see some support for the movie.
            Thanks everyone!

Comment

I really enjoyed Ark of Truth and I think all of the actors did a really great job, however I would have enjoyed seeing a little more of Adria and a little less of the replicators. I also would have enjoyed a fight between Earth and Ori soldiers, or an actual battle between the Odyssey and the Ori ships.

Comment

I liked it. I liked the Ori arc from the beginning. The only thing I didn't like was the stupid Terminat--err, Replicator skeleton construct.

Comment

I just finished watching it a little bit ago, and I loved it. I thought the IOA-replicator subplot was ingenius, unexpected, and just plain cool. I was surprised to find myself more invested in the Odyssey story than the Ori story, though I liked the latter as well.

Ben Browder, in particular, was fantastic. I've always been a fan of Cam, but he made me laugh out-loud a few times with his gallows humor and you've got to love the never-say-die attitude.

Great movie.
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

The only thing I would say is that this didn't feel that different from the show. That is, they'd said it would look bigger and have a whole different feel, but I didn't get that sense at all.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Now that the DVDs are released, I think more people will be posting their opinions, and I think you should see more positive reviews.

And MrMcKayCan, I totally agree about Ben. He was really good in this movie. I think Cam was really appealing in AoT.

Comment

I also liked AoT very much. I thought it was a fitting end to the Ori storyline, which I've enjoyed from the beginning. The bit with Adria/Morgan at the end was kinda bad, though, mostly b/c it reminded me of how I used to play fight with G.I. Joes when I was 5. Still, it was a really enjoyable movie.
                        I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

I was home sick today so I ran to get my copy. I couldn't find it at Walmart and was looking some more when a woman (like me) in her early fifties started looking, then grabbed TAoT! I told her I had a strange feeling that Stargate is what she was looking for. I now had my copy.

A can of Pringles and a box of Sweetarts, a swig of cough syrup and I was ready. The wide screen 50 incher and 5.1 sound and I watched the menu still, listening for 5 minures thinking how it has been a long time.

The prelude version was great as a catch up lead in.

Loved the movie and am looking forward to more.

Comment

Loved the movie. I don't know why people are so quick to hate the very things that they supposedly love... Stargate is was it always has been as a television series. My wife and I love watching the series both on tv and on DVD. It's a fun, escapist show that generally features the good guys winning over the bad guys. Okay, maybe not the episode where Prometheus was destroyed.

Anyway, I loved the movie. Loved the cinematography, loved the acting, LOOOVED the music, loved the acting...

Just overall a very enjoyable hour and a half!

Comment

Just picked it up today at Wal Mart...the Target's here didn't seem to have them yet...

I would give it a 7/10. Much better then the average SG-1 episode...BUT... nothing TOO amazing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. I just think they had a hard time making a "epic movie" when EVERYONE knew:
                              - Earth Survived
                              - All main characters lived
                              - SGC is fine

etc, etc.

i think having atlantis around w/ season 4 taking place AFTER this movie hurt a bit, since there wasn't a remote chance anything REALLY bad would happen.

So I would have to rate the Season 8 "finales" better then the new-adventures-of-Sg-1 Season 10 finale (movie).

That being said, I still LOVED seeing SG-1 on film. The movie LOOKED great. The music and pacing was MUCH better then the norm! I hope everyone goes out and buys 5 copies each, and gives them all their friends....because I really want more Stargate movies in the future!

Comment

Working...
                              X