More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Funniest post i've seen today^^

There would just have to strict times on when the ships can go up into orbit. If they stay in the earths shadow and keep lights off than no one would be able to see it.
    aka paddytehpyro

Comment

I can see there being problems with that though. Three Goa'uld (or Ori) motherships appear over Earth, charging weapons. Odyssey, Daedalus and Apollo are too far away to recall - the new UK vessel Dauntless is now charged with the defence of Earth. The three alien warships are moving in for the kill..but instead of being met with a small but tough Earth vessel, they are met with a radio transmission.

"Can you come back tomorrow, before 6am? Much appreciated."

I would have thought though, that if McKay and Zelenka can hastily rig a Puddle Jumper's cloak so it covers an entire city, a large team of Earth scientists can permanently and professionally integrate a Goa'uld cargo ship's cloak into a ship the size of Prometheus, assuming of course that Earth still can't make cloaking devices.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
        David you do realise that the EU is basically the same as the US except each 'state' in the EU has much more autonomy and there is no Federal Government. No need to throw a hissy fit.

Oh and it's Straight not Strait
        The EU is not like the US. The US works...the EU doesn't!

Originally posted by pyrodude View Post
        The EU deploys police (in bosnia and surrounding area) and is considering an EU army in the next 50 years or so.
        An EU army? Oh dear... that can only end badly.

Originally posted by Bray View Post
        What you aren't taking into account is that most of the people live in major population centres, the big cities on the coasts with huge deserted deserts in the middle of America, and the same with the north of Scotland, there's barely anyone in North Scotland.
        I live in the North of Scotland. I'd love to see a spaceship taking off from my back garden... actually we have miles of fields around us...i wouldn't mind hiring them out to the Government so they can build a spaceship here.
        Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
          Yeah of course it's not like the US, because the US is a whole different thing.

Originally posted by pyrodude View Post
          The EU deploys police (in bosnia and surrounding area) and is considering an EU army in the next 50 years or so.
          Well I don't know for sure. But there is a fact. There isn't an EU army nowadays. This is for a lot of reason. For example as I said earlier the EU is mainly a commerical and economical cooperation with some political things.
          There must central goverment to lead an army effectively.
          Nowadays there is only a peacekeaper task-force called EUFOR.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
            The EU does work, It has done everything it set out to do and that is to make the European countries economy stronger after ww2 which it has done. It has strict rules for joining countries political and social laws and countries have changed there laws to a more democratic rulings to join the EU and eventually when the pound goes over to the Euro our the overall European economy will be stronger.

The pound is hanging onto the dollar atm and when the Pound changes to the Euro the Euro will be the world currency taking over from the USD ask any economist i know two and both from the US/Canada and they agree.

Therefore the EU has set out and acheived what it has wanted and is now looking into other branches (Politics, Justice and defence). In the next 200 years the EU will become a power block like the USSR.
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

the EU army kinda allready exist..
              http://www.euractiv.com/en/security/...article-150151

Comment

Still a long way to go to a fully fledged EU army with standardised weapons, equipment, vehicles and training though. Not sure all EU member nations are up for that either.

While it's a huge simplification, I think that given that the EU as a whole has approximately half the military spending of the US, it'd be fair to say the EU could afford one 304 (with 302s) for every two the US has - if the US allowed the tech transfer (alien tech notwithstanding, the US developed stuff alone is probably well in advance of anybody elses on Earth - stealth, for example).

If, however, the EU concentrated on smaller ships, or at least cheaper ones (less of the Asgard tech, no 302s and therefore no 302 support systems) they could probably make more and still have a significant presence and impact in the MW and Pegasus galaxies.
                Last edited by Sealurk; 17 May 2008, 10:59 AM. Reason: Cleared up a confusing statement.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
                  Yes, this is the EUFOR, but it's mainly for peace-keeper operations.

Comment

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
                    Yes, this is the EUFOR, but it's mainly for peace-keeper operations.
                    Actually the EU kinda has an Army.. its called "European Union Battlegroups"
                    every large nation in the EU have a "EU Battlegroup".. some like France have several (some with other nations.. like the "French-German Battlegroup" with troops from France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg and Spain.. Also Sweden and Finland have a joint "Nordic Battlegroup".. I believe that is the singel largest battlegroup)

I could easily see the EU having one or two Space based Battlegroups

Comment

i dont think we should be giving other countries ships but what we can do is give them acess to the gate and let them establish their own trinium mine and then let them provide their country with the materials to build a ship. that way we would increase the anual number of ships made from 1 ship to 3 or 4. that would definitly give us the upper hand in the fight against the wraith
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I don't think any countries should have ships, I think there should be an entirely international command set up for planetary defence.

Comment

Working...
                        X