No announcement yet.

Ark of Truth: No Blu-Ray Release?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one I can't help you out with, as I never had Continuum on DVD. Got AoT on DVD when it came out because I didn't have a BD player yet (and I don't think AoT released on BD when it first came out), then got a BD player so when Continuum came out I just got it on Blu, then upgraded my AoT after the fact
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok thanks anyway, it really is a mystery why they didn't include the UK. Nevermind, i guess it'll never happen now anyway.

Comment

:/

Comment

Blu-ray is overrated. What's wrong with DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Blu-ray is overrated. What's wrong with DVD?
            For people with 1080P TV's and Blue-ray players why not get the Blue-Ray versions? If you already have the DVD version then upgrading might not be worth it (I never upgraded my Star Wars from VHS but wouldn't buy that format now).

Comment

I agree, I would really like to be able to buy SG-1 on BR, not only Ark of Truth, but all seasons. On my screen, with DVDs, you see the pixels. With BR, you don't, which is far better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                For people with 1080P TV's and Blue-ray players why not get the Blue-Ray versions?
                If there's only a DVD release, why not be happy with that?

Comment

If there's only a DVD release, why not be happy with that?
                  Some people want something better, especially since the movie isn't that old. My issue with different formats is that some movies either never make it from one to another because they were never big sellers (you are stuck with VHS or Laserdisk if it never made it to DVD for example) or it takes ages for the conversion to new formats. Granted BR players will play DVD's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                    Some people want something better...
                    It's just a movie.

Comment

It's just a movie.
                      For you, dvds are enough. Some of us want the best quality.

Is there something wrong with that?

Comment

It's not about DVD or Bluray, it's about being content. If I had a Bluray player and could only find a movie on DVD, I'd be content with that. Being upset and wanting more won't change anything, so why not be content?

Comment

I'm content with my DVDs, I would be more than happy with BR.

Comment

Visiting friends I have seen the picture quality of Blue Ray, though personally I am content with standard DVD. To replace both the player and my tv? Doesn't make sense. A case of it it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Re the films, It doesn't add up to me either. Ark Of Truth bookends SG1 as a series with Children Of The Gods.
                            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

AoT isn't the best BD release out there, honestly. Hardly a good gauge of the quality of the format.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's not about DVD or Bluray, it's about being content. If I had a Bluray player and could only find a movie on DVD, I'd be content with that. Being upset and wanting more won't change anything, so why not be content?
                                I spent money on the hardware and love seeing the clarity of full HD picture and sound ( depending on how good the encoded product is) and in the case of the ark of truth there is a BD out there for sale but its region locked for no damned reason what so ever! and then not sold in the other regions so for me in Australia I am left with an inferior product ( and they wonder why people pirate certain things).

also your argument brings up the old, vhs is fine why do you need dvd for? walking is fine why do you need a car and so on.

HD brings the audio visual stimulation I love to get out of my media and also even upscaled dvds look like poo on a decent tv.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X