HELP !! - Rodney McKay's Laptop/Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP !! - Rodney McKay's Laptop/Tablet

I am Looking to buy a Laptop or tablet pc and being a Stargate fan i am intrested to know where i can get the same one Rodney has in Atlantis. I have done a small amount of research and i can't find the right information. Can Anyone help me. The information i am looking for is the brand name make and model.

It has to be a dell. Check their website.

Comment

if you mean the tablet pc that he runs with, there was a thread on it a while back, if you search for it you should find it.

edit:

this is the topic I was thinking about

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48055
      Last edited by Durgia; 09 March 2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info i will have a look

Comment

Originally posted by Durgia View Post
          if you mean the tablet pc that he runs with, there was a thread on it a while back, if you search for it you should find it.

edit:

this is the topic I was thinking about

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48055
          lol i want one lol by me one please
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

After looking tro the info in the other threads i think i might have found what i was looking for.

I think it is a Motion M1400 Tablet PC.

there i a review of this tablet on CNET
            http://reviews.cnet.com/tablet-pcs/m...-30826594.html

the only proble now is i can't find one to buy, but i still have ebay to look on.

(XBOXLIVE GAMERTAG - FEETHAM64)
            Last edited by feetham; 09 March 2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

good luck

They are horribly slow by todays standards, but still fun to have around.

Comment

sa what is a god tablet today? not too expensive either.

Comment

The only newer one I have ever scene is the Dell latitude xt

It was pretty decent, not exceptional by any means but decent. Price is a bit high though for the computer imo.

I suggest this site (or google ) to find out more about newer models http://www.pencomputing.com/TabletPC/

Comment

Originally posted by feetham View Post
                    I am Looking to buy a Laptop or tablet pc and being a Stargate fan i am intrested to know where i can get the same one Rodney has in Atlantis. I have done a small amount of research and i can't find the right information. Can Anyone help me. The information i am looking for is the brand name make and model.
                    Actually I believe it to be the Lenovo X-Series tablet. The size, and structure of the laptop is exactly like the lenovo. I have one at home. In addition to this, the reason I believe it to be the lenovo is the sleeve they always have it in, lenovo is the only company to make a tablet sleeve like the one they use on the show, and it is custom made to their laptops. Also the buttons on the side of the screen are exactly like the ones on the lenovo tablet. I have never actually confirmed this, but this is my theory, I actually wrote to the studio asking them but I have not heard back from them.

Comment

Another thing...If you are also curious about McKays really small computer used when he is created FRAN in season 4, it a sony micro computer. I know this for a fact because I worked at Best Buy, and the structure is exact and no other company has come out with anything like the design that Sony has used.

Comment

Actually, I've checked, and it's definately from Motion Computing.
                        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                        Zatnikitelman

Comment

That tablet is awsome but i never thought of getting one but now i have seen this thread i want one lol

Comment

As far as i can tell the laptop is a Dell XPS not sure about the laptop

Comment

Originally posted by feetham View Post
                              I was just doing a search on this topic when I found your post, because I just bought the, or a, "hero" prop of this device with the case (not shown in this pic) and all! The one I bought from the Stargate liquidation sale is not really a computer but it must have been copied from one. No logo on mine.

http://www3.telus.net/public/edenns1/images/tablet.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X