Re:Warehouse Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:Warehouse Scene

It's probably a bit late to post for Kindred 2, but someone might read this...

Has anyone else noticed the odd things in the Warehouse Scene?

1. Carson says in the conference room on Atlantis that Michael's lab. is located in the middle of the main building, but Michael was able to access his lab. directly from the outside via a hangar door.

2. Halling calls to the Team for help and his voice has an echoey feel to it as if they are all in the same building, yet the Team access the prison from the outside via a small passageway (as does Michael, Teyla and guards earlier) suggesting they were in different buildings.

3. On the platform, Teyla and guards enter from the right. Beckett follows and shoots guards. Michael enters form the left. Altercation. Michael and Teyla exit to the right, i.e. back the way Teyla has just come.
    Two questions here. In the lab. Michael has shown some urgency about leaving and getting on his ship pdq. He, Teyla and the guards leave together and yet split up? Teyla and the guards coming onto the platform from the right are actually walking in the opposite direction of Michael's Wraith ship. Where were they taking her exactly? This platform scene seems a bit clumsy and contrived just to get Teyla, Michael and Carson alone together.

4. Carson is seen running in the background to get onto the platform from the right. Yet the Team are seen later coming from the left. They have all just left the Lab. Perhaps Carson knew a short cut. But if it was along a corridor level with the platform, it was physically impossible as it would have to have been right where there is a large window above a hangar door, the door the Team later use to watch the departing ship. If Carson, however, had just come down a flight of stairs that might have been different. But that means he'd just left the lab. on the ground floor, gone up two flights of stairs and then come back down another flight to get on the platform one floor up. Hmmm.

I'm not normally this geeky. And have never ever rewound DVD recordings looking for things. And they'd be those who say none of this matters anyway. But when I originally watched the show I was already aware of Point 3. And when Teyla had earlier asked "where is this place?" I immediately thought
    Sateda or Outcast warehouses. It seemed all too familiar. And when you're made aware of stage settings, direction etc. etc. somehow the drama, emotions, etc etc just seem to fly out the window and its all spoilt.

And another thing. Though its probably a new thread...
    That really moving scene between Carson and Rodney, brilliantly acted though it was, shouldn't that have taken place somewhere different to the Isolation Room? What didthe Team say to Carson between the cell door at the end of Kindred 1 and the Isolation Room? 'Sorry we can't talk now. Medical potocol and all that. Hope you understand, old fellow. Rodney will have a word with you later when he has a moment.' ??? I don't think so!! It would have been 'We thought you were dead. We buried you. You might look like Carson but you can't be him' all at the cell door
    And wouldn't Carson have thought it a bit odd sooner that Elizabeth wasn't at the 'gate to meet him after two years away. Perhaps they knocked him on the head to bring him home to Atlantis??!!

Nevertheless, I gave this episode 8/10, solely because Carson has been returned to us. Keller just lacks charisma and interest. It's time someone gave her an explosive tumour to hold...
    sigpic

Originally posted by Elanthra View Post
    It's probably a bit late to post for Kindred 2, but someone might read this...

Has anyone else noticed the odd things in the Warehouse Scene?

1. Carson says in the conference room on Atlantis that Michael's lab. is located in the middle of the main building, but Michael was able to access his lab. directly from the outside via a hangar door.

2. Halling calls to the Team for help and his voice has an echoey feel to it as if they are all in the same building, yet the Team access the prison from the outside via a small passageway (as does Michael, Teyla and guards earlier) suggesting they were in different buildings.

3. On the platform, Teyla and guards enter from the right. Beckett follows and shoots guards. Michael enters form the left. Altercation. Michael and Teyla exit to the right, i.e. back the way Teyla has just come.
    Two questions here. In the lab. Michael has shown some urgency about leaving and getting on his ship pdq. He, Teyla and the guards leave together and yet split up? Teyla and the guards coming onto the platform from the right are actually walking in the opposite direction of Michael's Wraith ship. Where were they taking her exactly? This platform scene seems a bit clumsy and contrived just to get Teyla, Michael and Carson alone together.

4. Carson is seen running in the background to get onto the platform from the right. Yet the Team are seen later coming from the left. They have all just left the Lab. Perhaps Carson knew a short cut. But if it was along a corridor level with the platform, it was physically impossible as it would have to have been right where there is a large window above a hangar door, the door the Team later use to watch the departing ship. If Carson, however, had just come down a flight of stairs that might have been different. But that means he'd just left the lab. on the ground floor, gone up two flights of stairs and then come back down another flight to get on the platform one floor up. Hmmm.

I'm not normally this geeky. And have never ever rewound DVD recordings looking for things. And they'd be those who say none of this matters anyway. But when I originally watched the show I was already aware of Point 3. And when Teyla had earlier asked "where is this place?" I immediately thought
    Sateda or Outcast warehouses. It seemed all too familiar. And when you're made aware of stage settings, direction etc. etc. somehow the drama, emotions, etc etc just seem to fly out the window and its all spoilt.

And another thing. Though its probably a new thread...
    That really moving scene between Carson and Rodney, brilliantly acted though it was, shouldn't that have taken place somewhere different to the Isolation Room? What didthe Team say to Carson between the cell door at the end of Kindred 1 and the Isolation Room? 'Sorry we can't talk now. Medical potocol and all that. Hope you understand, old fellow. Rodney will have a word with you later when he has a moment.' ??? I don't think so!! It would have been 'We thought you were dead. We buried you. You might look like Carson but you can't be him' all at the cell door
    And wouldn't Carson have thought it a bit odd sooner that Elizabeth wasn't at the 'gate to meet him after two years away. Perhaps they knocked him on the head to bring him home to Atlantis??!!

Nevertheless, I gave this episode 8/10, solely because Carson has been returned to us. Keller just lacks charisma and interest. It's time someone gave her an explosive tumour to hold...
    How many times did you watch Kindrad2? JK. I have to agree with you. The scene did have a bunch of "Technical Gaps".
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X