Goa'uld scavengers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld scavengers?

Okay, it was said once that the Goa'uld have taken the Ancient's technology and used it to make themselves appear as gods to their slaves and whatnot.

I have yet to date seen any evidence of either Ancient architecture influences in Goa'uld tech or Goa'uld tech or style in anything made or constructed by the Ancients.

One would think that if the Goa'uld took the leftover Ancient tech from when they died off in the Milky Way galaxy, the Hatak would look more like an Aurora class warship or we'd see ribbon devices or zats in Atlantis.

See what I'm saying?

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post
    Okay, it was said once that the Goa'uld have taken the Ancient's technology and used it to make themselves appear as gods to their slaves and whatnot.

I have yet to date seen any evidence of either Ancient architecture influences in Goa'uld tech or Goa'uld tech or style in anything made or constructed by the Ancients.

One would think that if the Goa'uld took the leftover Ancient tech from when they died off in the Milky Way galaxy, the Hatak would look more like an Aurora class warship or we'd see ribbon devices or zats in Atlantis.

See what I'm saying?
    No, they looked at Ancient's tech, really Alteran tech, and tried to mimick it. The tech that they took was the ring tech, and they reproduced that.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

why are there no rings in Atlantis?

just curious now that you bring it up.

Comment

Good question. maybe they used the more advanced beaming technology, but then that begs the question why didnt the Goa'uld use the beaming tech too. I really have no idea im just speculating.
        Last edited by FN-P90; 13 March 2008, 03:53 PM.
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Well I think the Goauld did not only steal from the Ancients is what Daniel was saying back in Tollan hearing.

The Goauld stumbled upon whatever tech the Ancient left pre-Milky Way exodus.

Reversed engineered it and made their poor copies.

The Sarchophagus regeneration technology which the Tokra blames for evolving the Goauld to a truly unredeemable snakes right down to the genetic code is a poor copy of Ancient tech.

We know that their first host race was the Unas.

The Unas aren't exactly technologically competent.

So using Unas they stole tech from somebody else.

Comment

The Ancients must have invented the booth transporter after the ring transporter, or alternately the booth transporters only work for intra-base transport, besides the rings are better, they can be used in open spaces and can work when only one set is available.

Comment

It is possible that the Goa'uld didn't just reversed engineer the technology of the Alterans, but also those of other races that were present in the Milky Way. Think about it. Ten thousand years ago the Alterans returned to Earth from Pegasus and as mentioned by Morgan LaFey in The Pegasus Project, the lands were harsh for them. Merlin and her chose meditation and seclution while others started the first seeds of civilisation on other planets. Whose to say that from these more advanced races the Goa'uld took some technology from.
              I seriously doubt that the Goa'uld only took technology from the Alterians and retrofitted them. Sure once they started doing that, they could create new inventions. But they had to come in contact with other advanced races as well.
              Why they chose to build their ships looking like giant pyramids is one that bugs me?

Comment

See what I'm saying?
                1. We know the Goauld took the Stargate from the Ancients
                2. The Sarchopagus was copied from an ancient healing device that the Ancients built.
                3. Personal shield. ANcients have one Goauld have one.

There is an explanation for it:

If I coppied 302s engines and put them on a death Glider are you sure its not a 302?

If I took an ancient personal shield and had it gold plated and engraved hyroglyphics on it is it Goauld tech or ancient?

The Goauld coppied the software and the systems then put it into a hardware I designed.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

but nothing we've found in the Milky Way that's Ancient like the temple at Dakara looks nothing like anything they have in Atlantis. Everything in the MW is always stone or something.

Comment

That just shows that the ancients changed their style of design when they moved to Pegasus.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chilapox3 View Post
                      That just shows that the ancients changed their style of design when they moved to Pegasus.
                      What about the staff weapons, where did they get them?
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by chilapox3 View Post
                        When did they do that? I dont think that they changed anything. just construction materials.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                          What about the staff weapons, where did they get them?
                          I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Ancients designed the staff weapons
                          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure about this but i think crystal technology that the Goauld use in their ships and computers are Ancient based.

Comment

There are no rings in Atlantis probally beacuse when they made the rings they had already evacuated Atlantis and were invented in the Milkeyway
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X