Mention more than once, but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mention more than once, but..

seen only once, and serving coffee to Rodney. Whats next? <Xelenka> Z-E-L-E-N-K-A (ahem.. ) walking down the halways with a roto rooter snake in one hand and a plunger on the other?
    Last edited by andromeda_dan; 14 March 2008, 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
    ..seen only once, and serving coffee to Rodney. Whats next? Xelenka walking down the halways with a roto rooter snake in one hand and a plunger on the other?
    "runs in"

Z E L E N K A

"runs out"

Thanks!
    sigpicDr. Z!

Comment

You gotta remember that the flashbacks were through Rodney's 'eyes' - and he's never shown a particular liking - or even respect - towards Zelenka. Just because he was a hologram doesn't mean he won't be exactly like the original...which means that poor Zelenka won't get credit for anything in McKay's telling of the story, if he's even noticed at all. The use of Zelenka in this way certainly kept Rodneyogram in character - and it did so perfectly.

(For the record, I love Zelenka, and his moments are often a highlight for me. But in this episode there was just TOO much going on...and they couldn't highlight everyone. At least we saw him...more than can be said for some others...)

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        You gotta remember that the flashbacks were through Rodney's 'eyes' - and he's never shown a particular liking - or even respect - towards Zelenka. Just because he was a hologram doesn't mean he won't be exactly like the original...which means that poor Zelenka won't get credit for anything in McKay's telling of the story, if he's even noticed at all. The use of Zelenka in this way certainly kept Rodneyogram in character - and it did so perfectly.

(For the record, I love Zelenka, and his moments are often a highlight for me. But in this episode there was just TOO much going on...and they couldn't highlight everyone. At least we saw him...more than can be said for some others...)

das
        Its true that rondney has been very harsh on Zelenka, but he did had a few moments with him that showed he cared about him. For example: in The Tao Of Rodney he appologised to Zelenka and in The Seige Part 1 he said to take care for his city whiles hes gonne repairing that weapons platform the ancients left behind.

Comment

i was disappointed zelenka didnt get his fair share of climatic death scenes

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
            i was disappointed zelenka didnt get his fair share of climatic death scenes
            So you're dissapointed Zelenka didn't die?!

Comment

I'd have to say this highlighted a lot about Zelenka. We only saw him for a moment, and through Rodney's eyes. As mentioned above, Rodney downplays Zelenka's role, and is willing to attribute the failures/mistakes to Zelenka - sometimes tongue in cheek, sometimes not. I actually felt that HoloRodney's comment was the former- it had that dry undertone to it. However, in the image, we saw Zelenka getting Rodney a coffee. Sam mentioned that both Rodney and Zelenka had been working tirelessly, so we know he was in there getting things done. In fact, Rodney's downplaying his role rather than bagging him confirms that. In all of that, he still found it in his heart to look after his friends, even those that don't always reciprocate the kindness. To me, that says a hell of a lot more about Zelenka than an alternate timeline deathscene.
              Last edited by Lauriel; 13 March 2008, 05:06 PM.
              sigpic
              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Z-e-l-e-n-k-a
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Z-e-l-e-n-k-a
                  Edited with apologies. And cookies.
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

das
                    Agreed. One of my favorite parts is in your sig.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I find myself actually getting really tired of Zelenka lately. He was likable the first couple of years, but he's just sort of become annoying. "Quarantine" didn't do him any favors. I suppose it didn't help either that Sam's and Jen's anecdotal evidence in "Trio" confirmed he's mildly creepy.
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Rodney and Radek have bickered and snarked about and to each other since S1.Personally I love moments between them.

However ,I don't think Radek is creepy .It's just that the PTB suddenly love to write him that way.They seem to think it's amusing .

Sam's remark (which she tried to retract) came off badly to me,as did Jennifer's dig.They came off as having no guts to say a word to Radek,but it was suddenly ok to gripe in his absence.

In Quarantine ,Radek was suddenly written as too dumb to know he'd fry himself ,and a little whiny I suppose,but in the end he did a good deal to save the day.

Good enough for me .

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                        I'd have to say this highlighted a lot about Zelenka. We only saw him for a moment, and through Rodney's eyes. As mentioned above, Rodney downplays Zelenka's role, and is willing to attribute the failures/mistakes to Zelenka - sometimes tongue in cheek, sometimes not. I actually felt that HoloRodney's comment was the former- it had that dry undertone to it. However, in the image, we saw Zelenka getting Rodney a coffee. Sam mentioned that both Rodney and Zelenka had been working tirelessly, so we know he was in there getting things done. In fact, Rodney's downplaying his role rather than bagging him confirms that. In all of that, he still found it in his heart to look after his friends, even those that don't always reciprocate the kindness. To me, that says a hell of a lot more about Zelenka than an alternate timeline deathscene.
                        ITA .
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Z-e-l-e-n-k-a
                          seen only once, and serving coffee to Rodney. Whats next? <Xelenka> Z-E-L-E-N-K-A (ahem.. )

Comment

MY Story is that in the HoloRodney's timeline, Zelenka went on to success and fortune on Earth, saving the planet several times, marrying a beautiful woman, raising world champion pigeons, and receiving the Nobel Prize.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                            X