Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pointless Wonderment: Who Was the Last Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless Wonderment: Who Was the Last Man?

Was it Sheppard -- potentially the last human being in either galaxy when he was thrust 40,000 years into the future -- or was it McKay, the only one of our main characters to survive the twisted nightmare that was the alternate timeline?
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Sheppard.
      yup
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm taking the easy way out and going with....

In a way, they both are. McKay is the last of the team alive in his lifetime so in that way he is the last man. However, Sheppard is truly the last one left alive because he's thrown so far in the future.

Rodney had to live out his life as the last man to save Sheppard who was the last man.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          Rodney had to live out his life as the last man to save Sheppard who was the last man.
          And what I want to know is where did Rodney live out his life at. Did he stay on Atlantis, get sucked dry by a Wraith, Michael got him or did he head back to Earth after setting that up for Shep?

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
            And what I want to know is where did Rodney live out his life at. Did he stay on Atlantis, get sucked dry by a Wraith, Michael got him or did he head back to Earth after setting that up for Shep?
            He lived out his life on Earth. He worked as a college professor while figuring out how to save Sheppard.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

He lived out his life on Earth. He worked as a college professor while figuring out how to save Sheppard.
              No, I meant after General Lorne allowed him to go to Atlantis to change the timeline. I wondered if he stayed after Atlantis after that or headed back to Earth after setting everything up for Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
                No, I meant after General Lorne allowed him to go to Atlantis to change the timeline. I wondered if he stayed after Atlantis after that or headed back to Earth after setting everything up for Shep.
                Good question. I guess it depends on what was happening in Atlantis at the time. Personal opinion: he went back to Earth. If Lorne spun it as a "research project" he would have been assigned temporarily. I choose to believe he spent the rest of his life with Jeannie's family.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Sheppard, hands down. He was the last man on (future) Atlantis.
                  Rush rocks.

Comment

SciFi and Joe M say it was Sheppard *huge surprise given he is the lead* but I say it was McKay.

No one else was bothering to try and change things, they were in fact the ones to ultimately give up. Even if the death of a loved one spurred McKay into action (from Joe's poem about Keller dying ) it was still very much McKay's info and his determination not to have things left like this.

And his genius!

For the publicity machine it looks better to say it was Sheppard but McKay fans worth their salt, know it was Rodney. That is all that matters.

As for where old!Rodney lived after he went back to Atlantis? He didn't it was all reset, that time line no longer exist except for the one where he is presently being blown to bits! *and not in a good way*

Comment

Good question. I guess it depends on what was happening in Atlantis at the time. Personal opinion: he went back to Earth. If Lorne spun it as a "research project" he would have been assigned temporarily. I choose to believe he spent the rest of his life with Jeannie's family.
                      That makes sense unless Atlantis was already abandoned at the time.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ah, well, there you go. Thanks for the info, Willow. I thought maybe they'd purposefully left it amibguous so that we could all have this pointless discussion, but I guess it's all about the Shep!
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

All I wanted to know really was where was the cat and the talking Toaster?

Comment

Seeing as how SciFi promoted in their banners that Sheppard was the last man and that the fates of Atlantis and Earth depended on him, I'm saying it's a pretty sure bet it was Sheppard. HoloMcKay does actually say to Sheppard that he could be the only human left alive. And let's not forget, McKay was long dead, thus he couldn't be 'the last man'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              Seeing as how SciFi promoted in their banners that Sheppard was the last man and that the fates of Atlantis and Earth depended on him, I'm saying it's a pretty sure bet it was Sheppard. HoloMcKay does actually say to Sheppard that he could be the only human left alive. And let's not forget, McKay was long dead, thus he couldn't be 'the last man'.
                              Yeah, I guess -- like I said above -- McKay is only The Last Man in the figurative sense. As in, he outlived all of his friends and colleagues.

But yeah, it was Shep THEY envisioned as the last man probably.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                              X