The Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Head

This is effectively a useless thread but I feel that it must be mentioned.

Did anyone else think that as Michael emerged from his tent that it looked as if he had just decapitated Marylin Manson.

If I could do screencaps I would.

I actually spit out my beer a little bit because I was laughing.

Overall though, an enjoyable episode. Can't wait for the fall.

Originally posted by mlarke View Post

Did anyone else think that as Michael emerged from his tent that it looked as if he had just decapitated Marylin Manson.

I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha, but I still loved the episode.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post

They've referred to the Wraith Queens as "Marylin Mansons" since first season, even on the set of the show itself. I loved the decapitation bit. You can't go wrong with decapitation.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha,
        but then again so is marylin manson.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          I thought it was fake-looking and kinda cheesey haha, but I still loved the episode.
          Fake? I've seen decapitation from Al Qaeda videos, it actually looks alot like that. Marilyn Manson lookalikes notwithstanding.

Comment

I'm surprised they did it to be honest, decapitation is pretty hardcore for Stargate...

Comment

Yeah. Hardcore for stargate, I was also surprised. And why do you say Manson is cheesy or whatever you said? What's wrong with his music?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                Fake? I've seen decapitation from Al Qaeda videos, it actually looks alot like that. Marilyn Manson lookalikes notwithstanding.
                I thought it looked good.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

It did look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                    Yeah. Hardcore for stargate, I was also surprised. And why do you say Manson is cheesy or whatever you said? What's wrong with his music?
                    It was meant as a joke. Although I'm not really much of a fan of him. He just doesn't do it for me. If you like him though, more power to ya. Lately I have been listening to a lot of traditional and contemporary celtic music. Along with the staples of Johnny Cash and Wyclef.

Yes I have eclectic tastes in music.

But whoever said the decapitation was pretty hardcore for stargate, you are definitely right. I don't think I've seen anything remotely close to that in any other episode.

Comment

I only like a few of his songs.

Man I can't wait until next season!!!

Comment

I hope this opens the door for more decapitation and dismemberment. Perhaps we can see a certain star faced Wraith rend someone's arm off and beat them to death with it, and tear off their head and toss it at a fleeing enemy. Okay, maybe that's cornball but I can dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
                          I hope this opens the door for more decapitation and dismemberment. Perhaps we can see a certain star faced Wraith rend someone's arm off and beat them to death with it, and tear off their head and toss it at a fleeing enemy. Okay, maybe that's cornball but I can dream...
                          Well, they were playing around with a Wraith arm on the pilot episode. Took them a while to graduate to cutting off a head.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
                            Well, they were playing around with a Wraith arm on the pilot episode. Took them a while to graduate to cutting off a head.
                            I guess at this rate we'll have full disembowelment in three seasons.

Comment

hey was the wraith queen played by Andee Frizzell , cause she always plays them, i thought that might be her, but they didn't credit her in the beginning or maybe i missed it , thanks
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X