X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Ark of Truth' General Discussion

Visit the Movie Guide
    STARGATE MOVIES
    SG-1 travels to the Ori home galaxy in search of an Ancient device that could stop the Ori war once and for all. But the return of an old enemy threatens to overrun the ship before they can accomplish their mission.

VISIT THE MOVIE GUIDE >>

Please limit discussion in this thread to the film itself. Other comments on the DVD release, bonus features, etc. can be made elsewhere in the Ark of Truth folder.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:58 PM.

Is there a 'Continuum' promo on the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      Is there a 'Continuum' promo on the DVD?
      Yes, there is, it loads when you put the DVD in the first time.

FYI: my Ark of Truth screencaps from the DVD can be found at Ark of Truth screencaps.

Please give credit if you use or repost, thanks. Green is always appreciated too...
      sigpic

Comment

Again, please limit discussion in this thread to the film itself. Other comments on the DVD release, bonus features, etc. can be made elsewhere in the Ark of Truth folder.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i don't believe i heard Teal'c say indeed once in the whole movie

Comment

Loved the Movie. Couple things though....

Now they figure out a few carefully placed nukes will blow up the supergate. like that wouldn't be the first thing they tried.

How many shots can a Daedalus Class ship Take. I thought that was a bit much. They would have been blown to bits. Somebody count the number of hits they take and let me know.

While Sam and Cam are fighting the Replicators and Daniel and Vala are being tortured. Teal'c manages to climb up and down mountains and get to the city of the Gods in about an hour and a half tops. That was stupid. The shots were really nice. But that was just stupid. That journey would have taken him a day at best. Not to mention the fact he was injured and needed a staff to help him along. That was annoying.

Why wouldn't anyone in the Core room have brought a firearm with them. I'll shoot this Zat at it. That will surely stop it! If the ARG doesn't work we'll step on it???

Why all the doom and Gloom over a few ORI ships in our Solar System? We had at least one Daedalus class BC with Asgard super lasersand a Weapons platform in Antarctica that destroyed Anubis' entire fleet of montherships and attack craft. And it should be fully restocked with drones recoverd from the Atlantis Expedition?? Not to mention that phase shift BS that makes us disappear. And If we can refit every ship with Asgard weapons why can't we build stationary planetary defense ones as well? I thought that was stupid.

Eager for explanations.,

Comment

How come in the flash back at the start did it show the alterans living in middle ages sttle village, i thought they would be abit more advanced than that at the time lol
              Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
              Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
              Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
              Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
              Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

No kidding, why do "all 6" of the Alterans live on a cold snow covered mountain in middle age squalor.

Oh yeah and how did they get that spaceship inside of a MOUNTAIN??? nice

Comment

All I can say is BRILLIANT! This movie is 200% of what I expected and more! It blew me away!

We went this mornig to wal mart and found it on the shelves and bought it right away and we watched it when we got back.

Amazing backstory, story and was fitted together quite nicely. I'm glad we finally got some more info on what happend with Dakara ever since it was destroyed and that some things were left. The whole part about the prior being powerless and trying to coerce Tomin into killing SG-1 was a surprise to me but was done brilliantly! Merrick in the IOA, he was very different than the other IOA agents, Mitchell commanding the Odyssey proves what I said about Col. Davidson not being likable. I just wished they kept Col. Emerson around. I'm pretty sure Mitchell's "Weapons at maximum" is a nod to the star trek scene in "200", funny they included that. So Sam got the info on how to activate the supergate from Daniel when he was a prior, I'm glad the SGC learned more than just how to cloak they Odyssey during that time. The whole plan about destroying the supergate answered my question about what will happen with it. I wonder if they will still destroy it now that the Ori are fully defeated and that the Ori galaxy no longer worships them. I just wished that we found out where or how far away the Ori galaxy actually is. The whole Odyssey going through the supergate was very cool. I am disappointed that they again implied that the bridge is in that rear tower instead of in the middle at the section adjoining the neck of the ship to the main section. The engineering room (Where Hermiod was on the Daedalus) is what is in that tower. I did however notice that the Odyssey has a dedication plaque like that of the Apollo's now. Merrick's Replicator plan was crazy and wreckless to say the least and the fact that the IOA came up with that plan was scary. They are usually crazily conservative in their choices so I was surprised by that. Who decided that Merrick could access the Asgard core room? It's good that Maj. Marks got more than a few lines in the movie and had a good part in it. Daniel, Vala, Teal'c and Tomin's search for the Ark was nice to see. I was surprised to see them overrun by the Ori warriors so quickly. I guess they were scanning the ground as well. Merrick being controlled by the Replicators was super cool. I didn't think that block Replicators could get into the minds of humans. Merrick as a human-Replicator was pretty well done. He really beat the crap out of Mitchell and considering that those were machine punches, Mitchell must be really tough. I am assuming that Merrick took precautions to prevent this but why didn't they try to beam him out of the core room? Although unrelated to the main storyline of the movie, I thoroughly enjoyed the Replicator story as well. Interesting effect of Adria with the flames as she walked around the room. Teal'c walking across the mountains to go and save Daniel, Vala and Tomin was epic. Just the fact that he had the strength to traverse that distance before succumbing where he did was a testament to his strength and willpower. I am glad that Morgan Le Fay healed him though and helped him carry on. How exactly where the priors torturing Daniel, Vala and Tomin? Mentally or physically or both? I liked the fight scene between Merrick and Mitchell. Very cool. I expected Merrick to die after being shocked with electricity but he wasn't. The Replicator-Queen was really cool and reminded me of the Queen Replicator from "Small Victories" except much more complex-looking. The Replicator skeleton of Merrick of even cooler than I expected it to be. Very nice. The kill switch in the Replicators being on the reverse of the crystal was something even I wouldn't have thought of myself. I guess really smart people sometimes have a way of missing the obvious, which happens with me as well. The Odyssey held out amazingly well against the Ori beam weapons firepower. I liked the distraction of Adria by Vala and Daniel's activating of the Ark and Teal'c preparing to shoot the table down so it would open, very clever but I'm sure Adria was smarter than that so I figure Morgan was helping them during that time as well. I'm glad that Morgan Le Fay wasn't mercilessly descended like what happend with Daniel. The Ark activating was super cool. The Doci and the other priors realizing that it was all lies. I wonder if the Ark really can be reprogrammed or it can only show the truth. I certainly hope the latter is true. The prior coming to the SGC was a surprise for me, I figured they captured him, not he willingly came into the SGC. Does the staff work even with the anti-prior device in use or did they turn it off so he could use the staff and be shown the truth by means of the Ark? A very fitting end to the Ori storyline that started in season 9. I feel that just about everything was done and answered short of seeing an Ori Stargate, but from the scene in the beginning with Melus, it looks like none were built in the Ori galaxy but that doesn't mean that the Ori couldn't have built them after they ascended. I guess that the Ori have a way to ring between planets as evidenced in "Origin, Pt. 3".

The Ark ending up on Earth was expected but cool. I'm glad the movie ended with SG-1 going on a mission through the Stargate.

Very cool. I'm glad I waited to see it rather than to download that unfinished version off of the internet. I certainly hope for many more Stargate movies in the future and hope Continuum is just as good in the summer.

Vala,

Comment

I'll just quote a favorite poster of mine:
                    "Ow! Why did you drop a brick of text on my head?"

Actually, I'll go ahead and say that I read all that, and it's good commentary. It could just use a paragraph break or ten.

I'm looking forward to this movie, even though I was underwhelmed with Seasons 9 and 10. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to tying up some loose ends. The Amazon spoiler of Teal'c and Tomin's conversation has me wanting to hear more.
                    Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Just finished watching the Ark....

All I have to say is - WE NEEDED A FRIGGEN SEASON 11.

This film does not feel fitting or do any justice to the Ori story-arc. It was wrapped up entirely too quickly. SciFi network you stupid SOB's!!!! I'm honestly p'issed after watching this. They did a great job with what they were given, but the budget should have been DOUBLED to get more scenes like Teal'c walking through the mountains (and the accompanying score for that scene were amazing). This scenario was a great idea, and one that played over the course of the season, would have been a PHENOMINAL way to end the series. We could have had soooo much development of this it would have made for the best season yet!

SEASON 11 idea: End season ten with the search for evidence of the Ark/Dakara.... oh no, the Ark is in the Ori galaxy! A few more episodes involving Tomin's turn against the Ori. A mid-season 'arc' possibly involving the Replicators/IOA, trip to the Ori galaxy..... Then a few more episodes dedicated to the finding the Ark in the Ori galaxy after a great battle sequence in the mid-season two/three parter to escape before returning to find the Ark. Teal'c is left to survive on Celestis and is missing for a few episodes. Then, an episode solely dealing w/ the Ancients and their decision, or non-decision to get into the battle against the Ori! A few more battles in our solar system vs. the Ori, and a series finale that dealt w/ whether or not to use the Ark and a HUGE final battle w/ the Odyssey/Apollo/Goaul'd/Lucian Alliance and the Priors, and Anciencts vs. Adria..... IT would have been HUGE.... but no.... we get 1 hr. and 40 min.

There's just NOT ENOUGH DEVELOPMENT! A whole season in one film does not work.

My absolute favorite scene was between Daniel and Morgan LeFay in the cell - phenominal moment that actually brought back the feeling of amazement when it comes to the Ancients.

Teal'c is the man, no question about it!

Disappointmens -
                      -The film seemed too long to set up, but oddly felt entirely too fast at the same time.
                      -Honestly, Vala detracted from this film and her comedy did not seem fitting at all, and this is coming from a Vala supporter. How about discussion ABOUT the Ark... no, we get Vala acting STUPID about it during the opening.
                      -I wanted an actual battle between the Ori, our ships, Goaul'd ships, and anything else out there. We hear from Col.Ellis that 7 Ori ships entered our solar system... ok, how about an actual visual of those ships?? How about an actual engagement battle w/ the Ori? OR, how about a few visuals of the Ori wiping out some planets in the Milky Way? Nope, just one scene of the Ori ships shooting full force a good 20 times at the Odyssey.
                      -How about an explanation for how the Asgard core was able to be fitted into the Daedalus and Apollo!? When I saw them in Atlantis Season 4's 'Be All My Sins Remember'd', I thought amazing, we have Asgard tech now! It must be in the movie how they were able to solve that! Nope...
                      -How about a collective scene of the Ancients? We got one... sorry, how about some discussion amongst the Ancients, would have been a great addition to the show's legacy and something new we havn't seen before.
                      -Cut out the Replicators, good idea, but there's so much other things they could have done w/ the movie that actually dealt w/ the topic at hand!!
                      -If you're going to use Replicators, do it well.... this was poorly played w/ a very unrealistic fight between Mitchell and 'Terminator' IOA guy, in reality Mitchell would have died in a good 20 seconds of that fight tops, while Moma-Replicator just sat there and did nothing the whole time.
                      -See above for reasons Season 11 owns this film for potential.

Great ideas, a number of great scenes, good for what they could do.... BUT, I give this movie a B-.
                      Last edited by AscendedTauri; 11 March 2008, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Is no one else really bothered by the ridiculous inconsistency of the amount of time Sam and Cam fought the Replicators compared to the amount of time it would take a wounded man to cross a snow covered mountain range???? I don't understand why they put there. It was pretty, but I don't know. Just really annoying. I agree with the previous post, that would have made for a much better wrap up.

Comment

I have been looking forward to this since it was announced and preorderd it the instant I could. I also had the opportunity to see the screener that was leaked and personally it gave more insight into the film having seen both versions. First I have to say if you have seen the leaked incomplete version you need to see the final cut. For one several scenes have been extended and not just due to visuals. The music is outstanding as usual. Visuals top notch and the story was very well done. It tied up the Ori story as well as bringing back an old foe. Great to see the team back in action and I can't wait to see the next movie. Great job guys keep up the good work.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The few Alterans hidden underground weren't all of them, they were probably a council or something. Also, I found it weird that they killed all of the living Ori aboveground when their ship took off, which makes me think that those weren't human Ori aboveground at all. I think they were living Alterans, and that who village was an Alteran village, and they just pretend to be medieval-ish, ala the Genii. I can't swallow that the Alterans were unwilling to change minds, but were okay with killing them, so I figure that the Alterans aren't below, hiding from the Ori above, but that they're all Alterans, but can only go below to act like it.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Weapons To Maximum View Post
                              Why all the doom and Gloom over a few ORI ships in our Solar System? We had at least one Daedalus class BC with Asgard super lasersand a Weapons platform in Antarctica that destroyed Anubis' entire fleet of montherships and attack craft.

Samantha Carter cannot be in two places at the same time . AOT takes place before Atlantis S4. The only ship with Asgard weaponry was the Ody. If you recall the ODY was in the ORI Galaxy . The DEDY and Apollo get their retrofit in BAMSR which is ages ahead AOT . Ellis had a couple nukes against ORI weaponry .

Comment

Working...
                              X