Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant

Default Ark of Truth plotholes & Continuity errors (with Spoilers)

Morgan says that it's enough to turn just one Prior and it would effect all the Priors because they're all connected telepathically.

But in season 9 Teal'c convinced Garak (when he was a Prior) to turn against the Ori. it didn't effect any other Priors. Also Garak burst into flames, and it was said it was because the Priors' brains were programmed by the Ori to do that so that a Prior would die if he ever turns against the Ori. It didn't happen in the movie either.

Another plot hole is Tomin's story. Tomin already turned against the Ori in season 10, so it seems strange that in the movie they have to again convince him to turn against them.
    he already betrayed his Prior to save Vala. It is highly unlikely the Prior would not know about this and would put Tomin as a commander in the army again.
    Last edited by AscendedThor; March 5th, 2008 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: Ark of Truth plotholes (with Spoilers)

Tomin didn't turn against the Ori, he believed that the one-eyed Prior was mis-interpreting the Book of Origin.

Garak was in another galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffala View Post
    Tomin didn't turn against the Ori, he believed that the one-eyed Prior was mis-interpreting the Book of Origin.
    He didnt turn indeed, and it wasnt the prior with the one eye who mis-interpreted the book of origin, it was the same prior that was normal in the beginning of S9 and that was leader of the village Vala was burned in (when in another persons body)

Quote Originally Posted by AscendedThor View Post
    Morgan says that it's enough to turn just one Prior and it would effect all the Priors because they're all connected telepathically.
    Using the Ark. Usage of the Ark is the key here. As you saw in the movie, it was the light from the Ark which went through all the Priors' staffs.

First Lieutenant

The first prior snuffed out in the film early on is suddenly seen manning the bridge of an Ori ship firing on the Deddy toward the end of the film when all the priors suddenly 'see the light'. He's arisen, i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_nl View Post
    He didnt turn indeed, and it wasnt the prior with the one eye who mis-interpreted the book of origin, it was the same prior that was normal in the beginning of S9 and that was leader of the village Vala was burned in (when in another persons body)
    I thought it was the one-eyed one since he was always so pissy.

First Lieutenant

When Teal'c convinced Garak to turn his back on the Ori the Ori were alive to take Garak away. But when Daniel used The Ark Of Truth on the Priors the Ori were dead & Adria was kept busy that is why none of the Ori in The Ark Of Truth burned into flames. It is not a plot hole & it is quite simple really

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by david2708 View Post
    The first prior snuffed out in the film early on is suddenly seen manning the bridge of an Ori ship firing on the Deddy toward the end of the film when all the priors suddenly 'see the light'. He's arisen, i suppose.
    You're right! but maybe it was his twin Prior brother

Lieutenant Colonel Mister Oragahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRico View Post
    When Teal'c convinced Garak to turn his back on the Ori the Ori were alive to take Garak away. But when Daniel used The Ark Of Truth on the Priors the Ori were dead & Adria was kept busy that is why none of the Ori in The Ark Of Truth burned into flames. It is not a plot hole & it is quite simple really
    So you mean the failsafe was a sort of eye spy camera, enabling ascended beings to monitor what the priors were doing in another galaxy, and when they saw that Gerak's power and decision were used to protect Earth against the Ori, the Ori pressed a kind of button and set him on flames?

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    So you mean the failsafe was a sort of eye spy camera, enabling ascended beings to monitor what the priors were doing in another galaxy, and when they saw that Gerak's power and decision were used to protect Earth against the Ori, the Ori pressed a kind of button and set him on flames?
    No I simply mean that in The Ark of Truth the Ori were not alive to "kill" any Priors that betrayed them like they were with the guy from Iron Eagle

No I simply mean that in The Ark of Truth the Ori were not alive to "kill" any Priors that betrayed them like they were with the guy from Iron Eagle
    Exactly. Some people seem to completely forget about this "little" fact.

First Lieutenant

IIRC the Ori can't affect anything in the MW galaxy. So they weren't directly responsible for the Prior's death. So those Priors should have died. Wouldn't have mattered if the Ori were alive or dead the feature was programed into the Priors

I was wondering what happened to Adria when she just left Vala in the throne room with the Ark. Apparently something important she was up to that I missed?
    This time... it's war!

Major General

Morgan was distracting her.

Oh, I see.
    This time... it's war!

Lieutenant Colonel Mister Oragahn's Avatar

Which is why I suggested the Ori spyed on their troops, probably using the staff as a "camera" of some sort.
    It would largely help to explain what happens when a Prior disobeys, since a basic machine couldn't make head and tails about the action and intent of a Prior. Only a mind could judge his actions and see what he has done.

Each staff would be like a palantir, if you want.

This would mean the failsafe was not automatic, and just a kill switch system tied to a camera and a transgalactic radio.

Default Continuity Error in AOT?

One of the coolest things I noticed, and haven't seen mentioned here yet is when they showed the flashback in the beginning to the Alterans, which was pretty neat by the way, the Alteran who invented the Ark of Truth goes back to get his notebook, then the Alterans turn tail and leave in their ship, presumably for the Milky Way galaxy. He makes reference to a dream he had the night before while picking up the book and if you pay attention and pause it like I did, you see his plans for inventing the Stargate. If it hadn't been invented yet, was invented by him, and he left the Galaxy before he invented it, how are there Stargates in the Ori Galaxy?

Unless I'm mistaken and there aren't Stargates in the Ori Galaxy, although I thought there was. Even still, it was quite a cool tidbit to throw into the movie, letting everybody see the guy who invented the gate.

Default Re: Continuity Error in Aot?

Don't recall seeing any of them.. but I suppose they had to get the plans for the supergate from somewhere!

Default Re: Continuity Error in Aot?

Quote Originally Posted by jrd231 View Post
    One of the coolest things I noticed, and haven't seen mentioned here yet is when they showed the flashback in the beginning to the Alterans, which was pretty neat by the way, the Alteran who invented the Ark of Truth goes back to get his notebook, then the Alterans turn tail and leave in their ship, presumably for the Milky Way galaxy. He makes reference to a dream he had the night before while picking up the book and if you pay attention and pause it like I did, you see his plans for inventing the Stargate. If it hadn't been invented yet, was invented by him, and he left the Galaxy before he invented it, how are there Stargates in the Ori Galaxy?

Unless I'm mistaken and there aren't Stargates in the Ori Galaxy, although I thought there was. Even still, it was quite a cool tidbit to throw into the movie, letting everybody see the guy who invented the gate.
    There are no gates in the Ori galaxy only a Supergate.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast