Christian Shepard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Shepard

I ponder the question, as to whether he is alive or not.

He was confirmed Dead in Australia, before Flight 8:15 took to the air. On board the plane was the supposed Coffin and body of Christian Shepard. Jack found the Coffin on the Island, though there was no body to be found anywhere in the proximity.

Now, in the last episode of season three (Jacks 'Flash Forward') he is in Hospital drunk, and one of the other Doctor / Nurses actually say 'Shall I go and get your Father'.

That was said in the Flash Forward, which indicates to me, that Christian Shepard is still very much alive in some form or another.

Theories?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

I honestly don't remember anyone saying that. What I do remember is Jack demanding that they bring his father down as though he weren't more drunk, followed by the awkward "wtf are you talking about?" look from the doctor there. The writers have said he is dead and went further to clarify that he is most assuredly dead.

Comment

I always thought that was some kind of guilt trip Jack was using in his drunken state on the other doctors. They know he's dead and that Jack is "special" so they should just give him what he wants.
      sigpic

Comment

My Bad, it was Jack that said it, not the other Doctor. However, I still believe that Christian Shepard may still be alive...
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

He did appear as Jack's White Rabbit in a vision. Also
          Spoiler:
          he appeared in Jacob's Cabin, when Hurley stumbled across it. Also, in the 13th Mobisode, instructing Vincent to wake up Jack before the start of the Pilot.

Comment

The writers have said time and time again, he's as dead as dead comes. That is not to say there isn't a conciousness that takes the form of his dad from time to time, but as far as the show is concerned, Jack's dad is dead.

Comment

What if it were possible for Jack's dad to be technically dead but have come back to life via time travel of his consciousness as seen with Desmond. Desmond's consciousness has come from the past into the present, so what if somehow Christian's consciousness came from the past into the present and brought him back to life? Technically he'd still be dead in the present because his consciousness would have originated in the past.

Tbh, I don't subscribe to my own crazy theory, but who knows with the way things are going with Lost at the moment? It seems anything is possible.

The most recent official Lost podcast said there will be more occurrences of Christian Shepard this season. It's probably flashbacks or weird visions, but you never know...

Comment

Working...
              X