Some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions

I just finished watching the original Stargate. It clarified a lot of things and also brought up more questions in my mind, it also made the episode 200 a whole lot funnier.

Has Jack O'Neill (two L's) ever been shown smoking or has there been any mention of him quitting?

Since when is Abydos in the “Kalium Galaxy?"

When they are first dialing the gate how did they know to have all the proper equipment set-up or ready even though there had been absolutely no mention of it being a "gate" or wormhole or whatever?

This last question is more about SG-1 but I thought of it while watching the movie...

It's made quite clear in the original movie that the gate is one way depending on which side it was opened from but several times in SG-1 (Dunno about Atlantis) there is 2-way radio contact between the SGC and SG-1 (or any other team off world). Does the one way rule only apply for matter and not waves?
    Last edited by Merrick178; 04 March 2008, 02:53 PM.
    Who's the black private Jaffa that's a sex machine to all the Tau'ri women? Teal'c!
    Who is the man that would risk his neck for his fellow Jaffa? Teal'c!
    Indeed.

Originally posted by Merrick178 View Post
    Has Jack O'Neill (From the TV series) ever been shown smoking or has there been any mention of him quitting?
    Not in the series, no, as far as I can remember.

Since when is Abydos in the “Kalium Galaxy?"
    It was in another galaxy in the film (at the edge of the known universe...), but they changed it in the series to all the gates just being in this galaxy (and Abydos actually being one of the closest to Earth).

It's made quite clear in the original movie that the gate is one way depending on which side it was opened from but several times in SG-1 (Dunno about Atlantis) there is 2-way radio contact between the SGC and SG-1 (or any other team off world). Does the one way rule only apply for matter and not waves?
    Indeed. Matter can only travel one way, but various forms of energy (and some other stuff) can go both ways.

Comment

Search function... please people...
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm sure the Abydos thing is just a footnote on a gigantic list of Movie-Series continuity errors but still bugged me...

I should also ask before I forget: If the Asgard went full force at the Ori (as they were at the start of season 10) would they be superior and were just to busy with the replicator problem to help?
        Who's the black private Jaffa that's a sex machine to all the Tau'ri women? Teal'c!
        Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Search function... please people...

Indeed.

Comment

Interesting as that is, I've seen half a dozen threads asking these same question, so...
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm sure the Abydos thing is just a footnote on a gigantic list of Movie-Series continuity errors but still bugged me...

I should also ask before I forget: If the Asgard went full force at the Ori (as they were at the start of season 10) would they be superior and were just to busy with the replicator problem to help?
              I think the reps were defeated by that time.

The Asgard were more interested in trying gather up all thier knowalge in one place.

But basically we saw the Asgard go toe to toe with the Ori only it was a Earth ship instead of Asgard.

Comment

I just finished watching the original Stargate. It clarified a lot of things and also brought up more questions in my mind, it also made the episode 200 a whole lot funnier.

When they are first dialing the gate how did they know to have all the proper equipment set-up or ready even though there had been absolutely no mention of it being a "gate" or wormhole or whatever?

Actually, the list of discrepancies isn't that huge, especially if you consider it a different visual representation (thus accounting for different appearances of actors and aliens).

If you like, you can chalk the Kalium Galaxy comment up to faulty equipment

They had been studying the gate for years beforehand, during that time they created the interface and they suspected what it was used for.

In 200, there is a joke where puppet Sam says "at first glance, i suspected it was...." and she goes on and on describing the functioning of the gate, which they couldn't really have figured out.

Comment

The Asgard were too busy trying to fix there cloning problem. Then when they realized they couldn't they voted to give all there knowledge to the Tau'ri.

Comment

Also they were attempting to re-build after the replicators.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

you have to search with words of 3 letters or more

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=1090430
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X