hope Dr. carson beckett is brought back full time in season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope Dr. carson beckett is brought back full time in season 5

clone or not!! I am happy carson is back!!!! he is the soul of stargate atlantis, hope TPTB bring him back full time in season five!!!!!!!!!

Season 5 slight Spoiler...

Spoiler:
    Well he'll be back but not full-time. He'll be back for a recurring role. They have said at least 5 eps, but there could be more.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

Spoiler:
      Well he'll be back but not full-time. He'll be back for a recurring role. They have said at least 5 eps, but there could be more.
      Spoiler:
      He's contracted for five episodes I haven't seen anywhere where they have said he may do more than that. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
        the season is young you never know
        True but...
        Spoiler:
        ...according to JM's blog they already have most of the season mapped out and the official press release said he was only contracted for five episodes.

Now it could change but I wouldn't want people getting their hopes up and being left disappointed.

Comment

JM said

Spoiler:
          if the opportunity for another episode came along, then it's possible that Beckett could be in 6 or more
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            JM said

Spoiler:
            if the opportunity for another episode came along, then it's possible that Beckett could be in 6 or more
            Well there you go I missed that - thanks for the info.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Thanks SueKay. Also Paul Mcgillion said he would be in at least 5 eps. I think we may see like 6 or 7 when all is set and done. After the feedback from "The Kindred" I think they will want to add more.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Thanks SueKay. Also Paul Mcgillion said he would be in at least 5 eps. I think we may see like 6 or 7 when all is set and done. After the feedback from "The Kindred" I think they will want to add more.
                It'd be nice. It was so good seeing him again.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  What I want to know is why won't he be resuming his role as the CMO? Or do they not trust him anymore? I sure hope he stays around either in Atlantis or on Earth and doesn't "disappear" or get kidnapped again.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    What I want to know is why won't he be resuming his role as the CMO? Or do they not trust him anymore? I sure hope he stays around either in Atlantis or on Earth and doesn't "disappear" or get kidnapped again.

Vala,
                    i think there is three reasons why he wont be cmo

1. keller has been promoted full time (woooo no offence to carson surporters)
                    2. the fact he is a clone and micheal can take control of of him
                    3. he will need to take drugs to keep him alive so they cant take the chance of a really long operation and he passes out
                    sigpic
                    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

I think that because he is a clone, his storyline can be alot more interesting and varied than if he'd just come back as originalCarson. Judging from the reactions his cloned appearance has generated on this forum, there IS interest in his fate, both positive and negative.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        I think that because he is a clone, his storyline can be alot more interesting and varied than if he'd just come back as originalCarson. Judging from the reactions his cloned appearance has generated on this forum, there IS interest in his fate, both positive and negative.
                        Agreed. Personally I have a morbid thought of him being a sleeper agent for Michael.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They should bring him back for all 20 episodes, then kill him at the end of each one like Kenny in South Park.
                          Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

I think there's a chance that Carson could be
                            Spoiler:
                            in more than five episodes. JM seemed open to that, and remember that we were told that Jewel was only going to be in eight episodes before the season started and she ended up being in eleven.

The problem though with bringing Carson in for more episodes is Keller herself though. If they'd left Keller as a recurring character, they could have traded them back and forth, but since she's going to be full-time, she has to be in a majority of the episodes (probably at least 14) and so it's harder to bring Carson in for a scene when you already have a fulltime character to do that scene.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              I think there's a chance that Carson could be
                              Spoiler:
                              in more than five episodes. JM seemed open to that, and remember that we were told that Jewel was only going to be in eight episodes before the season started and she ended up being in eleven.

The problem though with bringing Carson in for more episodes is Keller herself though. If they'd left Keller as a recurring character, they could have traded them back and forth, but since she's going to be full-time, she has to be in a majority of the episodes (probably at least 14) and so it's harder to bring Carson in for a scene when you already have a fulltime character to do that scene.
                              If they write the character and not the role, it shouldn't be a problem. Then again, the inability to do just that is what created the underuse and subsequent axing of Weir, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X