View Poll Results: What do you think about Carson's return?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic, what took them so long?

83 48.82%
  • Not bad. But kinda weird.

17 10.00%
  • I"m glad but...Did they HAVE to do it this way?

41 24.12%
  • Dude, why did they even bother?

29 17.06%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

FOr better or worse, carson is back. What do you think about how his return was handled?

Fantastic, about time.
    Not bad. But kinda weird.
    I"m glad but...Did they HAVE to do it this way?
    Dude, why did they even bother?

Chief Master Sergeant haloplayer's Avatar

Default Re: He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Which Carson? The Original Carson died in Sunday and is not coming back. Can you say Clone Carson so we can distinguish between the 2?

General

It's obviously the Clone Carson since, as you said, the original never returned.

And I loved it. PM was brilliant in this episode, the clone angle gives him a greater palett now to work with, especially since he's been with Michael for 2 years. I can't wait to see more!

I thought it was awesome to see Carson again and I'm very much looking forward to s5

I was pretty ambivalent about Carson's death (yeah, it was sad, but it didn't raise my cackles or anything) and felt pretty much the same about his clone's appearance.

I keep expecting him to be evil, but I guess that's too cliché.

So when Thor downloads himself into a new body is he no longer Thor since he is a clone?

I am glad Carson is back in some form, even if he is a clone of the original, he is an exact copy with just the DNA flaw which I am sure they will fix next season.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

I'm happy to have him back, and (season 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
    I'm really looking forward to his episodes in S5. I hope it turns out to be more than
    Spoiler:
    five.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

Brigadier General

Well, I felt a little cheated for him being a clone, but since he's pretty much the same, I'm happy. I'll get over it eventually. PM was great in Kindred II and he should be back for more episodes
    Spoiler:

than five next year.

The more episodes he's in, the more eppies I'll watch.

Your choice tptb

Ford Re: He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

I'm beyond delighted to have Carson back,

clone or no clone. As long as it's essentially him characterwise, I'm more than willing to embrace him and never let go again!

I just think they should
    Spoiler:
    integrate him more thoroughly in the upcoming fifth season than letting his character almost fade into insignificance by neglecting him once again. He should be at least a heavily recurring character with a minimum of eight to ten eps. Anything else is a cheap way of not following one concept or the other, meaning Carson in or out.
    And for me, he absolutely needs to be in! Seeing him again in 'The Kindred' just perfectly underlined how much I missed Beckett on Atlantis.
    Last edited by twinchaosblade; March 3rd, 2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: If my spelling was perfect, I wouldn't need this tool ;)
    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Banner/BannerJu3t.jpg

big deal - it ain't even Carson, just a facsimile with the same face & memories. better than nothing I guess for if they can cure him he'd still be a valuable asset to the team. till then, nighty for him

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

Chief Master Sergeant haloplayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    So when Thor downloads himself into a new body is he no longer Thor since he is a clone?

I am glad Carson is back in some form, even if he is a clone of the original, he is an exact copy with just the DNA flaw which I am sure they will fix next season.
    Thats different. Thor is downloading his conscious into a clone body which makes him the same person since it is the same conscious. BUT Clone Carson does not have the same conscious as the Original Carson did.

Im still glad we get a clone but im just trying to say its different then Thor Downloading himself into a new body. Also the Clone has a bunch of differences and not just the DNA flaw.

I'm most likely in the minority, but I am against the return of Beckett. Sure with SciFI, you can bring back a character, but I feel that it cheapens the character and death. Your unhappy with a character being dead, don't worry TPTB will bring back the character back with some lame scifi cliche.. It also takes away the quality of Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator Emeritus)

I am glad they brought Carson back. His performance in Kindred II was top notch and enjoyable to watch.
    I would like to see Carson take some dark turns in S5, don't know if they can do that in 5 episodes or not but now they now have an avenue to take the character down a different path.

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Second Lieutenant

I am kind of on the fence on this. Unfortunately there is not really an option for my stance.

On the one hand, I wish they had not. Carson went out in extraordinary fashion in Sunday. It was the perfect exit for him.

On the other hand, I loved having him on the show. His interactions with McKay were awesome. Plus, there would not be this really awesome 4-episode season finale/premiere arc.

Someone sorta said that this not being the real Carson leaves the events of Sunday intact. Another way of putting it is, Sunday is still a powerful episode and it is not cheapened since the original Carson died. With this Carson it is Carson in the flesh and mind and body and whatnot. I feel the clone bit worked. How they would make the original return from the dead would of been cheapened, imo.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Tretonin Re: He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TDgamer
    Carson went out in extraordinary fashion in Sunday. It was the perfect exit for him.
    blown to bits, perfect for him ? that's nice

Soul is right.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    blown to bits, perfect for him ? that's nice
    Haha. Funny, you know what I mean.

Tretonin Re: He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Soul is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Someone sorta said that this not being the real Carson leaves the events of Sunday intact. Another way of putting it is, Sunday is still a powerful episode and it is not cheapened since the original Carson died. With this Carson it is Carson in the flesh and mind and body and whatnot. I feel the clone bit worked. How they would make the original return from the dead would of been cheapened, imo.
    For me, I don't particularly care about leaving the events of Sunday intact. And as I value clone Carson (just like I valued the replicator copies of the team and consider their sacrifices tragic), the death would still be meaningful to me.

They should have let him remain dead. Sunday was one of the best and most poignant eps of Atlantis and now its a bit of a joke. Why is everyone treating him like he is the real Carson. A clone with Carsons memories is not the same and there would have been more differences than they showed in the ep... you cannot re-create someone in a lab and have them act the exact same as the original person...

Carson is dead and this copy of him can never be the same and I didn't like how everyone was treating him like the real thing..he is not and the entire Carson storyline line just didnt' interest me at all. He just felt out of place in the ep and just a means to force misplaced emotion on the characters.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast