Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's back!!!!! What do you think about it?

FOr better or worse, carson is back. What do you think about how his return was handled?

Fantastic, about time.
    Not bad. But kinda weird.
    I"m glad but...Did they HAVE to do it this way?
    Dude, why did they even bother?
    Fantastic, what took them so long?
    48.82%
    Not bad. But kinda weird.
    10.00%
    I"m glad but...Did they HAVE to do it this way?
    24.12%
    Dude, why did they even bother?
    17.06%
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Which Carson? The Original Carson died in Sunday and is not coming back. Can you say Clone Carson so we can distinguish between the 2?

Comment

It's obviously the Clone Carson since, as you said, the original never returned.

And I loved it. PM was brilliant in this episode, the clone angle gives him a greater palett now to work with, especially since he's been with Michael for 2 years. I can't wait to see more!

Comment

I thought it was awesome to see Carson again and I'm very much looking forward to s5
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I was pretty ambivalent about Carson's death (yeah, it was sad, but it didn't raise my cackles or anything) and felt pretty much the same about his clone's appearance.

I keep expecting him to be evil, but I guess that's too cliché.

Comment

So when Thor downloads himself into a new body is he no longer Thor since he is a clone?

I am glad Carson is back in some form, even if he is a clone of the original, he is an exact copy with just the DNA flaw which I am sure they will fix next season.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm happy to have him back, and (season 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
              I'm really looking forward to his episodes in S5. I hope it turns out to be more than
              Spoiler:
              five.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Well, I felt a little cheated for him being a clone, but since he's pretty much the same, I'm happy. I'll get over it eventually. PM was great in Kindred II and he should be back for more episodes
                Spoiler:

than five next year.

The more episodes he's in, the more eppies I'll watch.

Your choice tptb

Comment

I'm beyond delighted to have Carson back,

clone or no clone. As long as it's essentially him characterwise, I'm more than willing to embrace him and never let go again!

I just think they should
                  Spoiler:
                  integrate him more thoroughly in the upcoming fifth season than letting his character almost fade into insignificance by neglecting him once again. He should be at least a heavily recurring character with a minimum of eight to ten eps. Anything else is a cheap way of not following one concept or the other, meaning Carson in or out.
                  And for me, he absolutely needs to be in! Seeing him again in 'The Kindred' just perfectly underlined how much I missed Beckett on Atlantis.
                  Last edited by twinchaosblade; 03 March 2008, 09:25 PM. Reason: If my spelling was perfect, I wouldn't need this tool ;)
                  twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

big deal - it ain't even Carson, just a facsimile with the same face & memories. better than nothing I guess for if they can cure him he'd still be a valuable asset to the team. till then, nighty for him

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      So when Thor downloads himself into a new body is he no longer Thor since he is a clone?

I am glad Carson is back in some form, even if he is a clone of the original, he is an exact copy with just the DNA flaw which I am sure they will fix next season.
                      Thats different. Thor is downloading his conscious into a clone body which makes him the same person since it is the same conscious. BUT Clone Carson does not have the same conscious as the Original Carson did.

Im still glad we get a clone but im just trying to say its different then Thor Downloading himself into a new body. Also the Clone has a bunch of differences and not just the DNA flaw.

Comment

I'm most likely in the minority, but I am against the return of Beckett. Sure with SciFI, you can bring back a character, but I feel that it cheapens the character and death. Your unhappy with a character being dead, don't worry TPTB will bring back the character back with some lame scifi cliche.. It also takes away the quality of Sunday.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I am glad they brought Carson back. His performance in Kindred II was top notch and enjoyable to watch.
                          I would like to see Carson take some dark turns in S5, don't know if they can do that in 5 episodes or not but now they now have an avenue to take the character down a different path.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I am kind of on the fence on this. Unfortunately there is not really an option for my stance.

On the one hand, I wish they had not. Carson went out in extraordinary fashion in Sunday. It was the perfect exit for him.

On the other hand, I loved having him on the show. His interactions with McKay were awesome. Plus, there would not be this really awesome 4-episode season finale/premiere arc.
                            sigpic

Comment

Someone sorta said that this not being the real Carson leaves the events of Sunday intact. Another way of putting it is, Sunday is still a powerful episode and it is not cheapened since the original Carson died. With this Carson it is Carson in the flesh and mind and body and whatnot. I feel the clone bit worked. How they would make the original return from the dead would of been cheapened, imo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X