Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Michael copy Beckett's memories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    I just thought of another plot hole with Carson's memory.
    he doesn't know Weir was killed
    and then Rodney tells him she was killed by the replicators
    the problem is, he shouldn't know about the replicators.

that's wrong.
    yes he should know about the replicators if he was with Michael for 2 years or so, i'm sure they had a run in with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
      yes he should know about the replicators if he was with Michael for 2 years or so, i'm sure they had a run in with them.
      yeah, the Replicators were just about everywhere by the time they destroyed them in BAMSR
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Two words: Wraith Mind Meld.

Oh, wait, that's three words.

It's not as well known as the Vulcan Mind Meld, and it's long term effects are still being studied.

$2.95 per memory or you can sign up for a bundle plan from Verizon.

Morjana
        Heee heee . Hurry, while the stock still lasts

Comment

that's wrong.
          Well presumably he would of read SG-1 mission logs so would know what they are, and we can assume that Carson asked What are Repicators doing in Pegasus at which point Rodney explains off screen

Because lets face it why waste episode time watching McKay explain what we all know to a confused Carson when it doesn't advance the plot.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

that's wrong.

In my opinion he was to shocked to realise what Rodney said.

1. He just found out they were not looking for him. He felt heartbroken.
            2. He just found out there was another Carson on Atlantis.
            3. He just found out that this other Carson died.
            4. He just found out that he had a memorial service/funeral.
            5. He just found out that his mom knows he is dead.

A bit hard to digest all that. Then Rodney gives him an uppercut with Weir. He did not realise on the spot what killed Weir. He was traumatised that Weir was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              Well presumably he would of read SG-1 mission logs so would know what they are, and we can assume that Carson asked What are Repicators doing in Pegasus at which point Rodney explains off screen
              Probably it could have been a scene cut due to time. Or Michael could have told him about them to try and find a way to destroy them. It's something that should have been explained a bit but not a plot hole just a minor oversight.

Because lets face it why waste episode time watching McKay explain what we all know to a confused Carson when it doesn't advance the plot.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                Well here is my theory on how the Carson clone has all the original Carson's memories and thought patterns...

*I originally posted this in 'The PRO Season 4 Thread'*

We don't know too much about a Wraith's psychic abilities but the possibility hit me that Micheal may have copied Beckett's thought patterns and memories into his own mind, I would believe a Wraith *especially one such as Micheal (not a Drone warrior type)* has the capacity to store such an amount of information... He wouldn't have had to store Carson's copied mind for long either, just long enough to create a body to transfer the conscience to...

The only real question to this would be 'Can a Wraith do that?'

...I'm open to the possibility
                I'll buy that until we get an official explanation

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  Hmm, plot hole perhaps....they didn't explain how he did it...I believe the statement was "...Somehow Micheal has managed too...blah, blah, blah."

Just like tptb couldn't explain how praying to the Bori made the enemy stronger they fail to explain, and should have in this case, how the clone got carson's memories, behaviors, ect.
                  I'd love for some writer to exlain it.

Let's see, they let clone Carson give medical treatment. And the patient survived. So not just some memories but everything up to the ep Misbegotten and then some, like orginal Carson's memories, education, skills, and knowledge was compressed into a single-page memo and Michael made a copy and let the clone read it.

And if I'm going to buy that, I think I want to know why other Wraith haven't invested time in building this data-compression-transfer thingee or conscoiusness-downloading tech, whatever we're supposed to think it is, because look at how many Milky Way humans the Wraith have eaten throughout the show and all they could get before Allies was the name of the expedition's planet.

Who would have guessed that all along they should have been funding the research efforts of their eager scientist Wraith, and then they could have had access codes, passwords, the name of their prisoner's favorite childhood pet.

Let Michael have Beckett. There are actually people on Atlantis who know how to repair and improve Wraith technology, people who understand astrophysics, who can help get that intergalactic hyperdrive tech going. Hey, instead of making a deal with the expedition to share knowledge, the Wraith known as Todd, if he'd been up on the latest and greatest tech, could have settled for a vial of McKay's blood-- and there you go. A walking, talking wealth of knowledge, all Rodney's advanced degrees, everything you always wanted to know about Earth, Stargate command, plus the dish on his love interests and what he likes to eat for a snack.

Comment

Working...
                  X