Originally posted by kali1 View Post
    me too
    Anyways...
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      Great summaries everyone.

1. The romantic relationship changed the character of McKay--for the worse. I hated how in the Last Man it was the death of his sudden true love that pushed him over the edge into fixing things, not the disappearance of his long-time friend Sheppard. I was fine with McKay and Katie Brown; she seemed to bring out a calmer side to his personality, so I could see it as a match, and it was never in the forefront. But in Quarentine the writers had McKay regress to...well, I don't think I've ever seen him so obnoxious and annoying (and I like McKay), and it was done to free him for Keller.

2. The romantic relationship changed the character of Keller--for the worse. I had issues with Keller, but I was fairly neutral about her before the shipping started, and that's when I essentially gave up. She was turned into the focus for a love triangle, and then ultimately for this disasterous ship. They were writing her as a romantic fantasy, instead of the professional she should have been. Seriously, the writers thought this was a good way to endear a character to the fans?

3. McKeller took far too much screentime. An entire episode? Really? In the last season of the show, there really weren't more exciting stories to tell? There were, but apparently the writers didn't care about them.

4. McKeller took too much time away from the other characters. The lack of episodes that focused on Sheppard's team was pathetic. And Teyla and Ronon--who are they again? I also hated that Radek's scene was cut from The Shrine--how about cutting the unnecesary and awkward McKeller stuff instead?

5. McKeller is a poorly written ship. No buildup, no believability, damages the characters involved, no chemistry, and is one of the most awkward romances I've seen in my life--probably number one on that list.

6. I'm generally opposed to ship in SGA, except for a couple of the minor ones like McKay/Brown and Carson/Cadman. I could deal with those, since they were not a major focus of the show, and they didn't make me feel sick to my stomach like McKeller. I watched SGA for the friendships, not the romance. I'm not into soap operas.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the glaring points that come to mind first.

I would hope for no McKeller in the movie, but I'm fresh out of hope where this Frankenstein of a romance is concerned.

Great post. I think you pretty much covered how I feel..
      sigpic

Comment

as was previously discussed this thread will now be closing.

further discussion regarding the Non-shipping of McKay or Keller can now be done in either of these threads

Dr Rodney McKay -Some ships just don't fit
        COM Jennifer Keller-Keep her Single
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
        X