This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti McKay/Keller thread Spoilers misgivings and complaints only

I am not a fan of any paticular ship on Atlantis, but I can see the chemisty of some potential relationships. I do not, however, particularly see any romantic chemistry between McKay and Keller, and frankly, I do not want to see this become a canon pairing. Anyone else have similar feelings?

I totally agree. cannot stand the thought, makes me feel sick. do you think they have put her with a popular character to make her more likeable? (not a chance imo).

by the way, what happened to ronan? or is she going through the whole cast!
    sigpic

Comment

Atlantis got the new Kirk. her name is Jennifer Keller! Shep, you better watch your rep, boy, this girl is way out of your league.

I'm waiting for her to lauch herself on Shep! Go jen! make us proud! /snark
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
        I totally agree. cannot stand the thought, makes me feel sick. do you think they have put her with a popular character to make her more likeable? (not a chance imo).

by the way, what happened to ronan? or is she going through the whole cast!
        I think it's possible that they thought she could kind of "marry into" the family by pairing Keller with established cast members. According to one of the executive producers, Keller and Ronon didn't start dating after that little almost-kiss...but it's hard for us, the audience to tell that. And suddenly she's with McKay. It doesn't make Keller look any better, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Atlantis got the new Kirk. her name is Jennifer Keller! Shep, you better watch your rep, boy, this girl is way out of your league.

I'm waiting for her to lauch herself on Shep! Go jen! make us proud! /snark
          Oh, man, that pairing also gives me the shudders. They need to just stop this random pairing with Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            Oh, man, that pairing also gives me the shudders. They need to just stop this random pairing with Keller.
            yep, they need to leave her with Ronon WHERE she belongs!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              I think it's possible that they thought she could kind of "marry into" the family by pairing Keller with established cast members. According to one of the executive producers, Keller and Ronon didn't start dating after that little almost-kiss...but it's hard for us, the audience to tell that. And suddenly she's with McKay. It doesn't make Keller look any better, in my opinion.
              makes you think, why did they bother having an almost kiss in the first place? it just makes her character look even worse when about three episodes later shes flirting with mckay, i mean how are we supposed to like a character like that?

i REALLY hope they leave well alone with rodney and shep, i couldnt stand either with her!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                yep, they need to leave her with Ronon WHERE she belongs!!!!!
                I'll not a fan of that ship either, I'm afraid. But feel free to share any misgivings about McKay/Keller, because certainly pairing with her Ronon then suddenly McKay is a complaint.

Comment

makes you think, why did they bother having an almost kiss in the first place? it just makes her character look even worse when about three episodes later shes flirting with mckay, i mean how are we supposed to like a character like that?

i REALLY hope they leave well alone with rodney and shep, i couldnt stand either with her!
                  I know. It really makes the character look bad for them to write her this way. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

it would be nice if we could get back to some sci-fi instead of the soap opera it has become whenever kellers around!

why does she have to get with anyone, its sooo annoying, she is far too young for mckay anyway. and didnt he just (nearly) propose to katie a few weeks ago? maybe its just a rebound for both of them (we can only hope)!

fingers crossed!
                    sigpic

Comment

it would be nice if we could get back to some sci-fi instead of the soap opera it has become whenever kellers around!

why does she have to get with anyone, its sooo annoying, she is far too young for mckay anyway. and didnt he just (nearly) propose to katie a few weeks ago? maybe its just a rebound for both of them (we can only hope)!

fingers crossed!
                      LOL, yes, I don't watch soap operas, I like sci-fi.

He did nearly propose to Katie awhile ago--I'm going to assume months have passed in SGA's timeline since then, but they had been dating for years. So McKay/Keller could possibly be a rebound relationship. I'm just hoping it doesn't last.

Yes, fingers crossed!

Comment

Keller and McKay have absolutely no chemistry
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          Keller and McKay have absolutely no chemistry
                          ITA. Maybe they were thinking they should put the two "whiney" geniuses together? But it doesn't work. You can't force chemistry.

Comment

im so glad this thread was set up because after seeing the trailer for the last man ive been in a stink all day and NOBODY i know watches atlantis(hard to belv i know) so its great to know im not on my own about this whole ship!

if tptb love keller so much then they should write a new show just for her, leave rodney be and bring back carson, no shipping, yay!
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought Ronon/Keller was bad enough. It came out of nowhere and was presented so very poorly.

But this may surpass my loathing for the other.

Come on! Let the frakking character of Keller stand on her own two feet instead of using male main cast members as crutches in hopes of helping the audience care about her.

I agree that having her almost kiss Ronon when they are trapped together and then hitting on Rodney after they are trapped together only makes the character look worse.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                              X