This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    That's the only way I've heard the phrase 'a dogs dinner' used, meaning a mess.
    The correct meaning is inappropriate, overdone, over-elaborate. The consequence may be that someone looks a mess, certainly that they look ridiculous, but a different angle on it to 'dog's breakfast'. If you make a dog's breakfast of something you have made a serious mess, if someone feels like a dog's breakfast they are feeling pretty ropey.
    Mircalla

'Never tremble with a newt'

Comment

Are you sure? I had a quick look on Google, and every definition I could find there for dog's dinner is the same as mine...

Comment

lol, ya I caught this as well. I even had to rewind (dvr ftw) and replay it cuz my boyfriend didnt catch it. And I agree with PG-15, it's wasn't subtle nor did it have to be. The phrase "a dog's breakfast" coming out of the mouths of anyone involved with that move, especially David and Paul, is an OBVIOUS plug to the movie. :3

Five Stages Of Grief:
        1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
        RIP SG1 & SGA.
        .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

wait was David Hewletts character Dr. McKay there when he said that?

wow, what a great plug i am sure movie sales are going up now !!!!
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I heard that and I was laughing so hard for a few minutes...loved it! Of all the wordings they could have used....that is what was, classic!

Comment

I borrowed the film because of that line

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                I borrowed the film because of that line

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

My sister started cracking up so much, I couldn't hear what they said next.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with the "subtle as a brick" comment. As soon as i heard it i was like "HA!", any devout fan woulda caught that instantly.

Comment

Working...
                    X