BOO To Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
    that's the way the writer of that episode portrayed her IMO, she should have gotten out of there cause of her son, NOT stay over some guy.

but yeah it's just a show, it makes for a good season finale tomorrow, but it sure makes teyla look dumb.
    Maybe she was drugged? Michael was injecting her with stuff maybe it did something to her wits.

Comment

that's the way the writer of that episode portrayed her IMO, she should have gotten out of there cause of her son, NOT stay over some guy.

but yeah it's just a show, it makes for a good season finale tomorrow, but it sure makes teyla look dumb.
      I get what you're saying, but for her it isn't "some guy." Also, I just rewatched K II again, and she's been through everything she's been through, in shock cuz Carson just shot a couple of guys and appeared from the dead, and she's focused, whether we like it or not, on trying to rescue some she loves and has known her entire life, who also happens to be the father of her child. I can see that she'd at least hesitate.

Plus, there was only a very short time between when Carson shot those guards and Michael showed up. I think it's within the realm of possibility and not-dumb to say she had a lot to process and Michael came back too quickly for her to escape. I mean, if they had started running, Michael would've caught up to them a short ways down the passage.

YMMV.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

That's a good point about the short time frame and her being understandably overwhelmed. When you put it like that, I really don't think it's "idiotic" as has been asserted by some. I definitely understand where people are coming from when they say that, but under the circumstances, I think it's a reasonable reaction she had.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
          I get what you're saying, but for her it isn't "some guy." Also, I just rewatched K II again, and she's been through everything she's been through, in shock cuz Carson just shot a couple of guys and appeared from the dead, and she's focused, whether we like it or not, on trying to rescue some she loves and has known her entire life, who also happens to be the father of her child. I can see that she'd at least hesitate.

Plus, there was only a very short time between when Carson shot those guards and Michael showed up. I think it's within the realm of possibility and not-dumb to say she had a lot to process and Michael came back too quickly for her to escape. I mean, if they had started running, Michael would've caught up to them a short ways down the passage.

YMMV.
          they could have made it better by saying ok lets go and then michael show up, not acting the way she did.

her respect as a character after that scene went out the window for me.

Comment

they could have made it better by saying ok lets go and then michael show up, not acting the way she did.

her respect as a character after that scene went out the window for me.
            So if you were in her shoes you'd just leave the one person you love more than anyone to be a brainwashed slave to a Wraith? Ouch.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              So if you were in her shoes you'd just leave the one person you love more than anyone to be a brainwashed slave to a Wraith? Ouch.
              There is a larger picture here. Teyla should have chosen to leave in order to save her baby's life. She was ill equipped to challenge Michael and she should have thought of that. She was selfish and she might have doomed both Canaan and her baby. She should have chosen the lesser evil. You don't fight a battle when you are not prepared, especially with someone who has plans for your unborn child. Had she left, things would have been different. She could have prepared herself better now because she knew what to expect. On top of that, she would have been protected by Shep and his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                There is a larger picture here. Teyla should have chosen to leave in order to save her baby's life. She was ill equipped to challenge Michael and she should have thought of that. She was selfish and she might have doomed both Canaan and her baby. She should have chosen the lesser evil. You don't fight a battle when you are not prepared, especially with someone who has plans for your unborn child. Had she left, things would have been different. She could have prepared herself better now because she knew what to expect. On top of that, she would have been protected by Shep and his team.
                EXACTLY

Comment

EXACTLY
                  I doubt Canaan in his right mind would have been selfish enough to demand to be rescued. Any parent will put their kid's life first, except Teyla . In my opinion, had Canaan been there with Carson he would have encouraged Teyla to run away. The writers thought they would show how much Teyla loves this bloke. They showed nothing else than adolescent behaviour from a person who is supposed to be responsible. For crying out loud, you have a child and the big bad wolf wants it. Why would you put a happy meal tag on you? Not the first time when the writers screw up things with Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    I got 2 completely different lines of thinking about this.

1) She was already in danger though so she might as well try to save him.

2) Michael wanted the baby unharmed so he wouldn't have done anything to jepardize that.

They sound contradictory at first but if you consider that Mikey's people were firing P90s at Shep's team, if Teyla had tried to leave then she would have been put right in the middle of all that gun fire.

Call me stubborn but I'm sticking with that
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Please don't call him Mikey. Calling the bad guys weird "nice" names is just wrong. Annie & Palpy anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I got 2 completely different lines of thinking about this.

1) She was already in danger though so she might as well try to save him.

2) Michael wanted the baby unharmed so he wouldn't have done anything to jepardize that.

They sound contradictory at first but if you consider that Mikey's people were firing P90s at Shep's team, if Teyla had tried to leave then she would have been put right in the middle of all that gun fire.

Call me stubborn but I'm sticking with that
                        I see where you are coming from. I agree she would have been within P90 range but in the area where Carson was, bullets seldom appeared. It seems you doubt Ronon's ability to kill people .

Comment

Originally posted by sg1_david View Post
                          Please don't call him Mikey. Calling the bad guys weird "nice" names is just wrong. Annie & Palpy anyone?
                          Isn't the term Michael just an attempt to humanize him anyway? Afterall, he had no name till we gave him that one, and where i'm from it's perfectly okay to call anyone named Michael: Mike,Mikey...etc. I think it's a fan's own choice to do this, and you shouldn't have control over what other fans do. Perhaps he is a fan of michael, and roots for his character(I root for todd on occasion) and therefore, prefers Mikey as a term of endearment, a way of connecting to the character. who are you to say what characters can and cannot be called?

Comment

Working...
                          X