What Fear Does (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    Thanks a lot. I don't take that for granted.
    Yes, it was not boring, did not lag, and never had a dull moment. It kept me hooked from opening to end.

Comment

Feel free to just blame the writers; we can take it.
      XD

Anyway. Decent episode. I was mostly bored after the first fifteenish pages, up until the last two acts. It picked up a lot more then. Shame it ended when it was finally getting interesting - bit like Dead Man's Chest in that regard. I'll probably read next week's episode.

**1/2

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

I read this episode a little later than I would have liked, but I have mid-terms to study for. All I can say, is after reading it, I can say that this episode was a vast inprovement to Robots. It isn't without it faults though.

For instance, I find Sevia wilingness to read someones mind, very out of character. Isn't she always saying it is a dangerous ability that needs to be surpressed. Tom and David not going is also a complaint for me. They are a team after all. It seems like they have been fractured lately.I don't see them working together lately.

Now lets go on to the positives and speculation. Real politics has been an interest to me, so you can imagine that for the most part I enjoyed this episode. I am a little surprised that this hasn't happened sooner. Countries are always bickering over resources. It only makes sense that the other countires of the world would want the Gate. It was a good thing to explore the politics the ISGC. They kind remind me of the UN. They bicker among each other and don't accomplish anything. I thought the speech by Callen was very deep and moving. Wouldn't it had made more sense for him to wear the Vorian equvilant of a suit

Connely seems to have changed since he was first introduced. Normally I would call such a change, but it is no secret that a position of leadership changes a person.

I don't care how bad a country gets, nothing rationlizies martial law. I do like how that was used to show a debate between Christine and Kevin.

I sure do hope that this group that Evan is working for isn't a new group. The Russian guy hinted that it wasn't a Russian terrorist group. Please tell me it is one of the groups that have already been establishied. The setup is nice and leads inro what I hope is an exciting part 2. Just a little nitpick, I am almsot certain Canada doesn't have a president.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          [B][CENTER]For instance, I find Sevia wilingness to read someones mind, very out of character. Isn't she always saying it is a dangerous ability that needs to be surpressed.
          Yeah, that's true. But she was joking, which I think the way it's written should make obvious. She does have, and always did have, a sense of humor, which is not out of character at all.

Tom and David not going is also a complaint for me. They are a team after all. It seems like they have been fractured lately.I don't see them working together lately.
          We have started focusing more on episodes revolving around one or two of the main characters. While that does break with what you'd expect, as Stargate has always been team centered, I think this particular show works best that way. It's just the nature of it, as it is more of a character drama, and it allows us to give each of these characters their moments to shine.

That said, we'll still be doing team episodes when the right story comes along. But it's something we won't necessarily do every other week. I know not all fans will probably agree with that, but I think one thing we've proven is that we do things a little differently in this corner of the Stargate universe. So just bear with us.

Now lets go on to the positives and speculation. Real politics has been an interest to me, so you can imagine that for the most part I enjoyed this episode.
          I'm very interested in politics myself actually. Closely following the race for the White House these days.

I am a little surprised that this hasn't happened sooner. Countries are always bickering over resources. It only makes sense that the other countires of the world would want the Gate.
          That's true. The original idea that led to this story was actually pitched during Season Three. But we knew we'd probably not get around to doing it until Season Four.

They kind remind me of the UN. They bicker among each other and don't accomplish anything.
          That was the idea, to have it basically be a UN-like setting.

I thought the speech by Callen was very deep and moving. Wouldn't it had made more sense for him to wear the Vorian equvilant of a suit
          The reasoning behind that was that basically out of respect he'd be wearing a regular "Earth suit." Not really a big deal I think, but it was fun to see him wearing Earth clothing for a change.

Please tell me it is one of the groups that have already been establishied.
          Hmm. I'd tell you, but... I just can't remember. But fortunately "Civil Defense" is already out.

a little nitpick, I am almsot certain Canada doesn't have a president.
          That's what we like to call a good old fashioned mistake around the office. Or you could also say a typo that wasn't caught on time. I might still go back and change it.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I'm very interested in politics myself actually. Closely following the race for the White House these days.
            I don't like any of the current candiates. It will be the lesser of two evils
            [/QUOTE]

That was the idea, to have it basically be a UN-like setting.
            I hope they accomplish more than the UN.

The reasoning behind that was that basically out of respect he'd be wearing a regular "Earth suit." Not really a big deal I think, but it was fun to see him wearing Earth clothing for a change.
            It wasn't a nig deal to me, but when I look at other SciFi shows, the aliens wear their culture's formal atire. Hope the tie was okay. Those things can really choke you some time.

Hmm. I'd tell you, but... I just can't remember. But fortunately "Civil Defense" is already out.
            Sadly, I won't get to it until Saturday.

That's what we like to call a good old fashioned mistake around the office. Or you could also say a typo that wasn't caught on time. I might still go back and change it.
            Canada has a parlimentary system similiar to the UK with a Prime Minster
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I don't like any of the current candiates. It will be the lesser of two evils
              Well, it's still three canditates. And I'm very supportive of one of one of them. But I'll save that for another thread. Could make for an interesting discussion perhaps.

I hope they accomplish more than the UN.
              They sure are trying.

Canada has a parlimentary system similiar to the UK with a Prime Minster
              Very true.

Comment

Well, it's still three canditates. And I'm very supportive of one of one of them. But I'll save that for another thread. Could make for an interesting discussion perhaps.

They sure are trying.

Very true.
                *gasps* Real politics involved in Horizon......
                And I know everyone is still waiting for my review, I think I am going to do it with civil Defense.

Comment

Skip it Alex.... A thread like that is likely to turn into a flame war.

Regardless of which candidate you support or gets into the White House, hopefully s/he will do a good job or at least a better job than the current tenant [This message sponsored by the Neutrality Association of Rigel-5]

Comment

Originally posted by jmm View Post
                    Skip it Alex.... A thread like that is likely to turn into a flame war.

Regardless of which candidate you support or gets into the White House, hopefully s/he will do a good job or at least a better job than the current tenant [This message sponsored by the Neutrality Association of Rigel-5]
                    * is tempted to argue but is saved by the humor of the parenthesees, and the fact that he realizes that in the long run that is a neutral value statement*

Comment

An interesting episode to say the least. I just hope the US doesn't come out of this with the Stargate. I really do. I wanna see it on some island somewhere, in a facility co-run by all of the ISGC. It's not exactly an original story but you pulled it off rather well. I felt the tension. Good job on that one. Also, Chris didn't annoy me this episode. Despite having the majority of the attention, I could feel for her. I could understand how she was feeling and that was good.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Also, Chris didn't annoy me this episode. Despite having the majority of the attention, I could feel for her. I could understand how she was feeling and that was good.
                        That's great to hear. I'm glad you enjoyed the episode.

Comment

Working...
                        X